It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by captainpudding
It should also be noted that when faced with the choice of helping his injured daughter or attacking an injured man, he chose to ignore his injured daughter.

Complete BS.

Nowhere does it say this, you're literally pulling this out of nowhere. You just blindly assume because the story doesn't tell you otherwise, that he ignored his daughter.
edit on 14-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

I find it hard to believe that he brought his daughter to the hospital then returned to the scene to assault the injured officer. It doesn't explicitly state that in the article but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it would be physically impossible to tend to his daughter while attacking the cop.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
NOW ... for the ACTUAL story, sans the obviously biased hyperbole from the 'source' posted in this thread.

newsone.com...
The officer was riding home on his bike Saturday night around 10 p.m. when she saw the 4-year-old dart directly in his path, according to The Tribune. He ditched his bike to avoid hitting her but it skidded, hitting the girl and her 18-year-old cousin. The child’s father, Christopher Middleton (pictured), who was inside of a nearby restaurant, approached the officer yelling and screaming, according to authorities.

followed by:

newsone.com...
The officer reportedly identified himself as an officer, but Middleton allegedly said that he didn’t give a (expletive) and punched the officer in the face. Another person, allegedly with Middleton, hit the cop in the back of the head. The 18-year-old cousin allegedly joined the attack of officer who was on the ground at that point. The officer, who has not been named, reportedly felt his life was in danger at that point. So he took out his weapon and shot Middleton in the groin.

Paints quite the different picture than the source posted previously. (?)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Another source

The officer ditched his bike but the bike hit the child and her 18-year-old cousin. The girl's father, 26-year-old Christopher Middleton, approached the officer yelling and screaming, authorities said. He was inside a nearby restaurant when the accident happened, said Larry Shapiro, a spokesman for the village of Maywood.

The officer identified himself, said Shapiro and Pat Camden, Fraternal Order of Police spokesman. Camden said the officer told Middleton to calm down.

Middleton said he "didn't give a (expletive)" and punched the officer in the face, authorities said. Another person hit the officer in the back of the head.

The girl's 18-year-old cousin, who ran into the street after the girl and was holding her hand when she was hit, also kicked the officer while he was on the ground, Shapiro said.

The officer removed his weapon and fired once, hitting Middleton in the groin, Shapiro said. Camden said the officer felt he was near losing consciousness and fired at Middleton in defense of his life.

more...
articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

The only place Ive heard of that is in Germany.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe that he brought his daughter to the hospital then returned to the scene to assault the injured officer. It doesn't explicitly state that in the article but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it would be physically impossible to tend to his daughter while attacking the cop.

Unbelievable.

So he was supposed to stop everything and take his daughter to the hospital.

Did you know you're not supposed to leave the scene of an accident, anyway? Ever hear of a thing called an ambulance?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It also states the father came out of his home, which means they were on a residential street.

No, it states he came out of a restaurant, so they were most likely not on a residential street.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

It just seems a bit odd that he would even think about whooping on someone if his daughter were hurt. I'd be more concerned about comforting my daughter.

I do agree though that many of us have been a little quick to judge or defend.

Either way it's a very sad story. Feel for the family, what a horrible thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It also states the father came out of his home, which means they were on a residential street.

No, it states he came out of a restaurant, so they were most likely not on a residential street.

You're correct, I read an article stating he came out of his home, but it says he came out of a restaurant. I watched a video showing the accident, and it was a 35mph zone. The accident looked like it occurred directly adjacent to the curb.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by SyphonX

It just seems a bit odd that he would even think about whooping on someone if his daughter were hurt. I'd be more concerned about comforting my daughter.

I do agree though that many of us have been a little quick to judge or defend.

It would seem odd, sure, if that was the actual event. This is assuming that, "The father charged the officer immediately, ignoring his daughter completely." That seems to be the paradigm being passed around, but there is zero proof to it.

Prove to me there wasn't an altercation that involved the cop being aggressive as well? Maybe heated words were exchanged as soon as the father arrived on the scene. Maybe a fight broke out immediately and the cop was overwhelmed when the second person attacked him as well?

If we're going to just sit here and make stuff up, we might as well go all the way.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It is sad. Sometimes accidents are just that - Accidents.

Had it been handled differently [read:some degree of common sense and reason] it could and most likely Would have resulted in an entirely different outcome in the end.

What type 'father' approaches that type scene or incident ... without FIRST tending to his child?

Nah ... just tell the since declared officer of the law, who just so happens to be trying to aid your child's injuries, that you don't 'give a hoot' and proceed to punch him in the face ... all the while your buddy and nephew jumping into the mix as well.

If only cooler heads and common sense had prevailed ... we'd likely not even be reading about this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

It is sad. Sometimes accidents are just that - Accidents.

Had it been handled differently [read:some degree of common sense and reason] it could and most likely Would have resulted in an entirely different outcome in the end.

What type 'father' approaches that type scene or incident ... without FIRST tending to his child?

Nah ... just tell the since declared officer of the law, who just so happens to be trying to aid your child's injuries, that you don't 'give a hoot' and proceed to punch him in the face ... all the while your buddy and nephew jumping into the mix as well.

If only cooler heads and common sense had prevailed ... we'd likely not even be reading about this.

So, you were there.. I assume?

As you seem to know an awful lot about "exactly" what transpired.

I'm honestly completely disgusted by the behavior in this thread. It mimics everything I've seen in the Facebook comments section on all the articles. Nothing but making BS up, saying the dead man was a bad father, etc. No one has offered any evidence about how this fight transpired. Everyone assumes the cop is totally innocent and was "attacked on the ground", etc.

Anyway, I'm not buying it, I've said all I need to.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

It would be odd to me if the father attacked the cop even after the ambulance had taken the little girl away. You're right, I don't know what happened. I just know that attacking the cop would be the furthest thing from my mind had my daughter been hit by a motorcycle. I would want to get to the hospital ASAP to be with her, and would try to be in the ambulance. If not, I would be taking a cab or driving myself.

I suppose the police officer could have started the whole thing, but that seems rather silly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I've no dog in the fight .... just going on what 'accurate' information is available ... given the OP's source is an obviously biased rag on LEOs in the first place.

Sometime's an accident is just an accident.
Perhaps the 18 yr old cousin/nephew wasn't paying attention to the child or her whereabouts.
Perhaps someone should have been.
Perhaps taking vigilante justice upon one's self isn't always the best approach to a given situation.
Maybe 'dad' allowed his emotions to reign supreme over the health and overall welfare of his daughter / child

I don't claim to know ... but from what I've been able to source up so far ... uhm ... she'd have likely received more prompt medical attention for her injuries if 'dad' hadn't taken precedence in the E.R. queue with a gunshot wound to the groin ... that ultimately cost him his life.

Sad. That.

edit on 8/14/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: upon & isn't always

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Could you link the video? Cant find it. I want to see the street to get a better picture.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sometimes an accident is just an accident. However, after decades of riding, I've never had to ditch the bike to try to avoid something. That sounds like some bs right there.

Since they are not mentioning race in any way, and knowing how cops are, I'm sure this was a little black girl and a white cop, who came on with attitude of, "I'm a cop, it doesn't matter if I killed your daughter", bringing on the beat down.

Now I will say that, if I had been in the same position, I probably would have shot the guy too. However, since I'm not a cop, I would probably be in jail for years. I probably wouldn't have gotten into that position in the first place, since I know how to ride.

Unless I had been drinking. First thing would have been a breathalyzer. Two beers and it was all my fault. I notice they don't mention anywhere about, you know, seeing if the rider was drinking? Cops never drink off duty, right?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Since they are not mentioning race in any way, and knowing how cops are, I'm sure this was a little black girl and a white cop, who came on with attitude of, "I'm a cop, it doesn't matter if I killed your daughter", bringing on the beat down.

Nope. No slips, skirts or underpinnings showing there whatsoever ...

*ill-informed assumptions, suppositions and skim the headline replies reigning supreme once again, i guess*
:shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Sad for everyone. Sad for the cop who has to live with the fact that he accidentally killed a little girl, and then had to kill her father. Sad for the girl's family at her loss. Sad for the family for the fathers passing as well. Sad for the officers family that he has to deal with this.

But the guy deserved it.

Sadly, the cop was in the right.. he did not intend to kill the girl, he tried to save her by ditching the bike, then tried to resuscitate her only to have her father (who wasn't paying attention) begin beating on him. It was pure self defense on his part.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
oddly enough after reading the article and a good handful of posts...I've got to side with the cop for once.

What a terrible father...A) to not be watching his child like a hawk (especially near a street) and B) Nothing I've read so far indicates he was worried about his daughter that almost died.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

uhm ... if only for clarity's sake ...

The 4-year-old girl was taken to Loyola hospital for observation with bruises and contusions,

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
No matter what version of the story, a four years old is in the hospital and her father is dead. The cop is at home with his family.

The cop was in a bike accident and was allegedly pummeled by three people, yet not serious enough to go to the hospital, but it was serious enough to shot someone.

If this family didn't have contact with the cop, no one would have been injured or killed.

BTW hitting some one with a vehicle is vehicular assault a felony, funny when a cop does it its only a accident.

edit on 14-8-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join