It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Honor93
as a human, as a parent and as an aware citizen, if any person attempted to handle my child on an accident scene before medical professionals arrive, they would be rendered unconscious as is my right as a parent in defense of my injured child.

Im a parent too and i think its appaulling you would assault someone simply for trying to help your child.

I remember when i was young and slipped and fell off my skateboard on a busy street. Many people simply did what you would suggest and drove around me, leaving me injured and bleeding on the street. One nice lady however stopped her car in the middle of the road, got out and walked me a block and a half home. I was suffering from a concussion and dizzy and staggering. Would you suggest my father assault this lady for having the audacity to help me?

After reading the last three pages of this thread, i cannot believe the things you are saying and am going to either assume you are a troll, in which case i just fed you, or simply arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.
your opinion is received but i'd have to ask, how do you KNOW he was rendering aid ??
that's what has been reported but are you aware that by simply moving her, she could have been paralyzed ??

are you really so naive to think or believe that the person who just plowed your child had GOOD intentions when they approached her after the fact ??

you are assuming that he was helping, i am relaying the reality that the father had no way of knowing such.
in a state of shock, ppl do strange things.
like the wounded driver attempting to involve himself where he didn't belong.

i never said i would assault someone who was helping my child ... i did say that i would assault the aggressor who just injured my child and then proceeded to approach her in any manner.
whether you believe it or not, those are 2 very different circumstances.

nope, and i wouldn't defend your dad if he did.
however, if he saw her hit you, then try to handle you, i doubt anyone could hold him back.
[assuming you were daddy's little girl of course
]

but i will tell you this, i only wish there had been bystanders willing to whomp on the cop who hit me on my bicycle then drove away. (early 90s) and, the local PD refused to provide the driver of the car # so i couldn't file an official report.

thanks for sharing. as you are welcome to wallow in your assumptions, wrong as they are, if they soothe you, have at it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

but i will tell you this, i only wish there had been bystanders willing to whomp on the cop who hit me on my bicycle then drove away. (early 90s) and, the local PD refused to provide the driver of the car # so i couldn't file an official report.

Did you sustain a head injury in that accident?
That would explain a lot.

There is no indication that the cop was moving the girl, She was not paralyzed. Please tell me that you are not seriously thinking that the cop was wrong to check on the girls condition.

edit on 8/17/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

we are in complete agreement here ...

There are times, where even a very experienced biker, doing everything correctly, still has to lay down his bike to avoid a bigger crash.

with regard to this story, i'm not convinced he laid it down, let alone properly.
the reports are too conflicting imho.

i've done both, bailed and laid down as the situation required.
there is VERY much a difference.

a cousin is a passionate motorcross mountain climber.
we've endured our share of spills in more ways than words can describe.

just so you are aware (cause you know i don't argue for the sake of arguing), the part that really baffles me is this ...

from OPs post
His bike slammed into 4-year-old Taniyah Middleton, as well as her 18-year-old cousin, who had run out to help her.
now, the cousin had enough time to respond in such a manner as to get hit himself.
so, how did an alert and aware "driver" not have enough time to avoid it ??
[for most that answer would be, speeding]

for me, this fact alone dispels any belief that the driver was alert and aware of his surroundings.
i wouldn't go so far as to say reckless but i certainly see careless driving involved and the situation deteriorated from that point onward.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Did you sustain a head injury in that accident?
That would explain a lot.

There is no indication that the cop was moving the girl, She was not paralyzed. Please tell me that you are not seriously thinking that the cop was wrong to check on the girls condition.

edit on 8/17/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)
nah, not in that accident but several previously

i never said my head was on straight, multiple chiropractors can attest to same.

where are you getting your information ?
either he was rendering assistance or he wasn't, pick one and stick with it please.

yes, i think THAT cop was wrong to check on her condition.
that job belongs to the parent and arriving medical techs/officers, not the injured participant.

as soon as the parent arrived, the driver should have backed-off without needing to be addressed, not argue with the parent and then get cold-cocked for it.

i do wonder why the 18yr old, who was also hit by the bike, joined in on the beating ... are we getting all the pertinent details ?? i doubt it.

not that i agree but i can certainly understand both parents lashing out on the driver.
the 18yr old though ... that does present some additional questions.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by captainpudding

thanks, i have no idea where that is and no way of viewing but i was wondering.
i am equally curious if we'll ever see it.

either way, i hope the family has access and that it answers any questions they may have.
my questions are merely for the sake of curiosity, theirs are for the sake of sanity and they should not be denied.

reply to post by conspiracyrus

It is not your right to assault anyone.
care to test that theory ??
in defense of my child, it is ALWAYS my right.
there may be consequences but there is nothing limiting said right.

reply to post by Sparky63

you can keep saying it doesn't matter but it does.
i think you just refuse to admit you're wrong.

read the Cook policies, it is against protocol unless certified.
are you saying that every member of the 'agency' is certified ??
sure hope not cause i know a few dispatchers who aren't.

The link proved that certain police are "First Responders".
right, certain police, not all.
since it is a requirement in Illinois, as asked previously, where is the certification of the officer involved ?
no certification = no business meddling where he didn't belong.

your link does no such thing. it highlights the acts of one officer (who was likely certified)
got anything better ?

not in Chicago they don't ... need a link ?
www.huffingtonpost.com...
(ps ... i've also been around longer than Chicos 28yr handgun ban)

Shootings have plagued the city this summer: where shootings are a daily occurrence, and a recent survey found that more Chicago residents have been killed in 2012 than U.S. troops in Afghanistan over the same time period
[ any chance you'd care to guess who is doing a majority of the killing ?
hint: it's not cops ]

i am not ignorant of any such right or the changing laws of Chicago.
unlike your display of blatant ignorance by stating such, i'm offering you the opportunity to learn.

Simply put assaulting someone giving first aid is wrong
never said it was right, however, no one (even you) has indicated what, if any, form of "first aid" he could have possibly offered.
was he carrying a medical bag ? a splint ? a portable defibrilator ? a band-aid ? a syringe of morphine maybe ?
do tell, what "first aid" was he capable of administering in his condition ??

about the only thing i can think of is checking for a pulse.
that means, he handled her and as a parent, i can tell you he is damn lucky he's still breathing.

well, if or when you figure it out, please share.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Preaching to the choir friend..preaching to the choir....

Fully aware of what bullets do...just sayin...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93however, no one (even you) has indicated what, if any, form of "first aid" he could have possibly offered.

He only checked her condition. He never had time to render any first aid before he was assaulted by the father.
So he did absolutely nothing wrong and certainly nothing to excuse the fathers violent attack.

It was his moral obligation as a human being to do so. Unless he is reprimanded by his superiors for checking on her, your argument is invalid and ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

and here's one more ... it's been reported that his shoulder was dislocated ... so, on the ground, under 3 other persons and with a dislocation, how did he retrieve his weapon ?

edit on 17-8-2012 by Honor93 because: edit

Just because one shoulder is dislocated doesn't mean you lose the use of your other arm. Or he may have used the dislocated arm with the dislocated shoulder. The situation seems as if he were at a range of a few feet or less, he would likely be able to raise the weapon using only his wrist, since he hit him so low in the body, it could have occurred that way.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Hello ppl,

Why are ppl taking sides without any evidence to what happened? What was the posted speed? What speed was the cop traveling at? Was the cop looking at something else and didn't see the girl till it was to late? What injuries did the girl sustained? A motorcycle hitting a 4 year old, even sliding along maybe.

I have been in several fights and have been knocked out, it doesn't take but a clean blow or two to the head to knock someone out, if you're about to be knocked out you can't see good and you most certainly can't find your gun , unholster it and aim it at someone, its pretty clear the cop made up his mind he was loosing in this fight and while still being able to preform the task to be able to fire his weapon did so. Ive seen many fights, even fights over wives and girlfriends and have yet to see someone beaten to death.

With no facts we have no idea what happened and what was justified or not, we do know its a sad day for that little girl.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

sorry realspoke, maybe the father was watching the daughter, and possibly the cop wasnt the one paying attention. cops are paid to have attention of their surroundings, and one 'joy riding' in a motorcycle the 1/9th of the size of a car to hit a 4 year old??? Think again.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MohawkGhost

There's a very large difference between being knocked out and being on the verge of passing out. It's why in combat sports there's a KO and a TKO. Also, just because you've personally never seen someone beaten to death doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whalebrr
reply to post by RealSpoke

maybe the father was watching the daughter, and possibly the cop wasnt the one paying attention. :

How exactly could the father have been watching his daughter when she's on the street and he's inside a restaurant?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

well, its not all the fathers fault...kids do wander, id like to see someone in a candy store and then someone offering 'free candy' just out of the store. So...the officer sees the kid, at last moment, ditches his bike?? at last moment, or maybe he was 10,15 ft away...either way, his bike and gun hit both of them...=/

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whalebrr

besides, the cop in the bike should have showed his badge...who would have know the father probably would have thought the 'guy in the bike' could have been drunk driving......

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by whalebrr

besides, the cop in the bike should have showed his badge...who would have know the father probably would have thought the 'guy in the bike' could have been drunk driving......

It's hard to show your badge when you're being assaulted by two or maybe three people. I also don't think attempted murder is justifiable because you think someone might have been driving drunk.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
[m]

right, ok, but showing his badge would have been able to calm the father down. accidents do happen, ... or maybe an understanding like bringing medical attention quicker to the crash. I doubt the father would think twice about attacking a cop, knowing it might not have been something intentional
think about it

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I doubt the father would think twice about attacking a cop

Current reports say after the guy on the bike identified himself as a cop the father responded with "I don't give a #%^@" and punched him in the face. It's a debated topic but I've yet to see someone other than the co-accused say that.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Ahhh this is where you prove you are ill informed. I will repeat it is not your right to assault anyone. Please now look up your states legal definition of assault. (spoiler alert: the father and cohorts assaulted this officer) Now that you understand what assault is edit your post and in the future you shouldnt post about things you are indeed ignorant on.

Also, first aid does not require a med kit. First aid is literally the first steps of aid given to an injured party until more advanced aid can be administered by a professional.
edit on 22-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I will repeat it is not your right to assault anyone
well, you can repeat it as many times as you like, it will never be correct.

perhaps the legal definition of the word "justified" escapes you ??
so long as any act of assault can be legally justified, it is first, a right.

instead of attacking my knowledge, why don't you get some of your own ??

my state says ... assault ...

www.leg.state.fl.us.../0784/Sections/0784.011.html
784.011 Assault
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
and ya know, a funny thing about this is that word intentional ... good luck proving that one, especially when the assailant is in a state of shock.

now, contrary to your belief, before it can be deemed a "crime", it must first be a right.

(spoiler alert --> both fatherS and the injured teen attacked the driver)
you call them cohorts, i call them "family".

now that you understand that there may be consequences of committing assault, try to grasp the fact that the act is always a right.

i'm well aware of what first aid is ... any chance you could attempt to answer the question rather show your ignorance by deflection ??
WHAT first aid was the driver capable of rendering ??

did he call it in ??
did he perform CPR ??
did he stabilize a fracture ??
pressure stop bleeding ??
do tell, WHAT did or could he do in this situation, outside of checking for a pulse ??

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yes as you have so aptly proven my point. Assault is a crime. You do not have the right to commit a crime. I'm not even sure you know what side you are arguing.

I would love to see you provide links to legal precedence stating that before something is a crime it is a right. Let me help you. There isn't one.

I don't know what first aid steps were provided. I was merely informing you what first aid is as you had some wild misconceptions. This seems standard for your posts.
edit on 26-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join