It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Yea, I get that. I've been to the auld sod plenty of times and it is a different mindset. For instance, I don't get why holligans get all wound up over a football match. The only time you see such things arise here in the US is when a team wins a championship...and it is over, rather quickly. One or two days on the news and people move on.

In this instance, I think that the OP was trying to push buttons. If it wasn't for ATS, I never knew it would have happened. Which is sad to a degree, but predictable. People just want to know what is going on in their corner of the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
MY FINAL POST ON THIS THREAD
all further replies will be ignored being a waste off time

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
but keep twisting my words that just shows you up
as trolls yourselves or incapable of visualizing a scenario.

No need to twist your words, they are twisted in the first place.

this is why you'll continue to be walked over in life
unless you're the one walking over others for pay of course

I have a great life, thank you.

Glad fighting gangs in 70s Harlem taught you how to dial your cellphone while being restrained and beaten unconcious by two gang members!

Funny thing is, i was around in the 70s and i dont remember cellphones......................

and dishonest too,

nowhere was a cellphone mentioned in that post
you pulled that out of a monkeys butt

obvious troll is obvious
but if thats how you get your kicks
and its obvious you've got a thing for cops
enjoy your bondage fantasies:p

edit on 15-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

MY FINAL POST ON THIS THREAD
all further replies will be ignored being a waste off time

but keep twisting my words that just shows you up
as trolls yourselves or incapable of visualizing a scenario.

No need to twist your words, they are twisted in the first place.

this is why you'll continue to be walked over in life
unless you're the one walking over others for pay of course

I have a great life, thank you.

Glad fighting gangs in 70s Harlem taught you how to dial your cellphone while being restrained and beaten unconcious by two gang members!

Funny thing is, i was around in the 70s and i dont remember cellphones......................

and dishonest too,

nowhere was a cellphone mentioned in that post
you pulled that out of a monkeys butt

obvious troll is obvious
but if thats how you get your kicks
and its obvious you've got a thing for cops
enjoy your bondage fantasies:p

edit on 15-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

Dishonest? let look back shall we?

No, not in that post, but you'll see your words on Page 9.

"his com unit or cellphone and called for an ambulance"

So, technically, you did say "cellphone".
edit on 15-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Ludicrious

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ProfessorT

Yea, I get that. I've been to the auld sod plenty of times and it is a different mindset. For instance, I don't get why holligans get all wound up over a football match. The only time you see such things arise here in the US is when a team wins a championship...and it is over, rather quickly. One or two days on the news and people move on.

In this instance, I think that the OP was trying to push buttons. If it wasn't for ATS, I never knew it would have happened. Which is sad to a degree, but predictable. People just want to know what is going on in their corner of the world.

Indeed. Many people here on ATS are quite gullible, I don't mean that rudely but they will open a thread and believe absolutely anything or for some strange reason interpret things differently even though the report states further relevant information. Those that hate the police will never change. Although, if people knew me they wouldnt even think that I have the job I have. I'm a normal down-to-earth guy and many people within the police are like-minded people.

As I said earlier, had this of happened between two civilians it would not have even made the news.
edit on 15-8-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
the problem here is the grade of human being that are hired to be police officers.

Do you guys know any cops? Did you know them growing up?

I do, and i did.

These guys were the little guys in high school. Pushed into lockers. Lunch trays tipped. Unwilling (not incapable) to defend themselves. Awkward around the opposite sex.

Just a week or so ago, i saw a Sheriff in my hometown that i recognized. He was directing traffic for the first week of school. I remember him well from when we were in school ourselves.

He tried out for the football team. Not because he was good at football, but because he wanted to fit in. Severely overweight even as a child, he sat down and cried the first day of football practice after taking a helmet to helmet hit.

I felt sorry for him. Today, he is a sheriff. Pistol on hip, cocked and loaded. Ready to dispense 'justice'.

i know more than a few of these in my own hometown.

Another one we called Keebler (even i called him Keebler, as much as i regret it). Keebler got his name for having big , pointy ears like an elf. The bullies used to snatch his ears when he was walking down the hall. He was undersized for his age, and still is today. The difference? The 'justice dispenser' on his hip. I'm sure the memories of his torment are fresh on his mind even today.

These are just two of the 6 or 8 that i know personally. I'm sure the rest of the force went to another school across town. I'm sure there is someone out there that has seen them, and recognize them from their own childhood, and remember the cloth these 'cops' were cut from when they were kids.

Cowards. All of them. Which is FINE in life. It's ok to be a coward if it makes you feel better. Its ok to be a nerd, or to be afraid. It's ok to be fat, or too small.

But these people shouldn't be cops.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
the problem here is the grade of human being that are hired to be police officers.

I do, and i did.

These guys were the little guys in high school. Pushed into lockers. Lunch trays tipped. Unwilling (not incapable) to defend themselves. Awkward around the opposite sex.

Just a week or so ago, i saw a Sheriff in my hometown that i recognized. He was directing traffic for the first week of school. I remember him well from when we were in school ourselves.

He tried out for the football team. Not because he was good at football, but because he wanted to fit in. Severely overweight even as a child, he sat down and cried the first day of football practice after taking a helmet to helmet hit.

I felt sorry for him. Today, he is a sheriff. Pistol on hip, cocked and loaded. Ready to dispense 'justice'.

i know more than a few of these in my own hometown.

Another one we called Keebler (even i called him Keebler, as much as i regret it). Keebler got his name for having big , pointy ears like an elf. The bullies used to snatch his ears when he was walking down the hall. He was undersized for his age, and still is today. The difference? The 'justice dispenser' on his hip. I'm sure the memories of his torment are fresh on his mind even today.

These are just two of the 6 or 8 that i know personally. I'm sure the rest of the force went to another school across town. I'm sure there is someone out there that has seen them, and recognize them from their own childhood, and remember the cloth these 'cops' were cut from when they were kids.

Cowards. All of them. Which is FINE in life. It's ok to be a coward if it makes you feel better. Its ok to be a nerd, or to be afraid. It's ok to be fat, or too small.

I knew a diffent type. They were leaders in school. They were Jocks and Heads...but they were leaders within their group. All of them have gotten their act together to serve the common good.

All LEOs I have known have laid their lives on the line to help others.

That said, thay have all told me that in a emergency, "The cops are minutes away when you only have seconds."

I'd rather be tried by a jury of 12 than carried by 6.

Tell me? How would you feel if I I called you a craven coward? Just wondering?

edit on 15-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Because stereotyping every single Officer makes your argument valid... I know several guys who want nothing more than to be someones hero. Yeah there are rotten apples... I dont think the officer in question is a rotten apple. I believe he did everything he could to keep the situation from escalating.

link   
For those debating weather he could have run away (ignoring the fact that it's pretty hard to run when you're on the ground with two people on top of you) Other news sites report that the crash left him with a dislocated shoulder and broken ankle. So running away was not an option, fighting back would also be rather difficult with one arm.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

so why not defend himself without the use of a weapon?

I'm guessing he's never been in a real fight. Not one where he had the courage to fight back.

A safe assumption would be that he dosn't know how to defend himself without his hand cannon.

Police officers should be heroes. Braver, stronger, and even smarter than the average man. But this isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus

Because stereotyping every single Officer makes your argument valid... I know several guys who want nothing more than to be someones hero. Yeah there are rotten apples... I dont think the officer in question is a rotten apple. I believe he did everything he could to keep the situation from escalating.

My argument is valid period. I live in an air force town. I'm sure in smaller towns, my statement takes an even sharper turn downhill. I'd hate to see the police in those towns, and what kind of 'background' they come from.

Inadequate to say the least. I wouldn't call them rotten apples. That term should be reserved for the crack dealer, or the baby raper.

These guys aren't rotten apples. Just inadequate human beings. Incapable of the heroism required.

Afraid.

They shouldn't be cops.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm guessing he's never been in a real fight. Not one where he had the courage to fight back.

A safe assumption would be that he dosn't know how to defend himself without his hand cannon.

Police officers should be heroes. Braver, stronger, and even smarter than the average man. But this isn't the case.

Please read the article. The guy was injured himself.

Wow! really?

Keep trying to justify your hate.
edit on 15-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You did read the article? Already injured from an auto accident and being attacked by 3 men... Please tell me how youre so tough that you could have easily dropped all 3 with a single round house and consequently cured cancer.

Seeing as you know every police officer in every precinct of every city you can with complete accuracy judge law enforcement collectively.
edit on 15-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
some of these comments are so stupid...
why would he shoot to kill?(shooting is not a justifiable defense unless there is an immediate THREAT TO YOUR LIFE)
I also have to admire these urinalists for including the fathers name, as well as his brother who aided him in the assault of this off duty officer.
It would be very difficult to conclude this father shouldnt be dead from his own lack of sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

*FACEPALM!*

Another one who either didnt read the article or didnt understand it.

Next!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by captainpudding

Thank you captain! Great update!

I hope the guy doesn't beat himself up over this one. Poor girl too she has to live without a father... Just a sad situation that could have been avoided

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrejkrakus
why would he shoot to kill?(shooting is not a justifiable defense unless there is an immediate THREAT TO YOUR LIFE)

What part of being beaten unconcious (and soon after death) do you not understand?

Edit. Maybe i didnt understand your sarcasm. Looking back at your post, im not sure whos side your on lol.

edit on 15-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Didn't he have a taser on him? Why didn't he use it if he did?

The cop did do everything he could to avoid hitting the girl.

The girl had darted out into the street.

The girl was out at 10:30pm when she should have been home in bed.

While I can understand the man's anger, he really shouldn't have mindlessly attacked the cop. The cop was NOT attacking the little girl, it was just a stupid accident.

And yes, I wouldn't fault it if the person was not a cop either.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes, I do know a cop. I call him dad.

Seems to be a bit of a generalization. My dad was 6'3'', 200lbs in high school. He was always willing to defend himself and others that were not capable. I've spoken to numerous classmates of his over the years that verify that.

i know more than a few of these in my own hometown

Maybe your hometown does a poor job of cultivating honorable people?

These are just two of the 6 or 8 that i know personally

Wow, 6 or 8? Doesn't seem like a sufficient number to justify disparaging people that put their lives in jeopardy every day to protect others.

Cowards. All of them.

While there are surely some bad cops, as in every profession, to call the rest cowards just because you know some losers is at very least ignorant.
Let me tell you about my dad, the cop "coward".
At the age of 19 he volunteered to go to war. He saw 2/3 of his military buddies die. He was able to save the life of one of them. After surviving the war he completed college. He began as a patrolman in the mid 1970's in Houston TX. At that time Houston was a war zone. He worked his way up to undercover narcotics and began taking down cartel sponsored drug dealers. We're talking kilos not grams. After that, he became a homicide investigator. You should ask the countless families of murder victims that my dad provided justice for if he is a coward. While in homicide he played a key role in tracking down serial killer Otis Toole. We moved to Mobile AL when he was 40yrs old. Because of state regulations he was forced to start at the bottom and go through police academy. To this day he is still one of the oldest men to ever complete the obstacle course and graduate with honors. He worked his way back up to Homicide investigator and played the lead role in tracking down another serial killer by the name of Snyder.
The point is, my father is no coward. He is an honorable, just, tough as nails guy that shouldn't have survived all he has been through.
He never killed a man that wasn't trying to kill him first.
More than anything, I would love to introduce you to him so you can tell him, to his face, just how big of a coward he really is.
I get the feeling you wouldn't have the balls.

edit on 15-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The replies on the first page are ridiculous. How would you respond to this if the guy driving the motorcycle was homeless? Or "crazy"? Or any other label that you guys like to stick to things you don't understand or like?

The fact is, the cop should have been paying attention. It's impossible to know what actually happened unless you witnessed it, but there is no need to be driving a bike so fast you can't react to something jumping out in the road. That's reckless. And the fact that it was a cop that did this, people act like he was justified in killing a man because he was getting beat up. He was off duty, he's not at work so he shouldn't have used "IM A COP" as an excuse to stop taking a beating for something you did. It's turning more and more into the cops are above the law.

Cops are people with a job to protect and serve, not to enforce the law by being above the law.
What kind of example is this going to send to kids who see this story? That it's ok to shoot someone because they are beating you up? In some cases, yes, a gun might be necessary if you're about to die, but you don't shoot an unarmed man with a gun because you feel like your life is in danger.

TL;DR The man should have taken the beating like a man. He jumped off of his bike instead of turning his handlebars to avoid. Hitting a parked car versus jumping off your bike and letting it hit a little kid? Horrible decision. Taking your gun out and shooting the father of the little girl you just hit, because he is angry that he just ran over his daughter? That's ****ed up. Beyond ****ed up.

If there really was no way to avoid the little girl, then take your punishment like a man. # happens, and you pay for quick decisions. Unless your a cop. Then you can shoot whoever, kill whoever, take down whoever, and it's all ok because of that shiny badge and the mindstate some cops have.

Cop should be charged with at least reckless driving, and manslaughter. At the very least.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You write this as if the world has a clear cut recruitment program to employ certain 'grades' of police officers.

Indeed. They are all great men and women.

This constitutes bullying. Everyone gets bullied at some point during their life. But as your so good at profiling police officers then you would know that the majority of police officers are not 'little' and don't get 'pushed into lockers' and all of the the terms you used to describe your opinion of how police officers are when they are younger.

I'm sorry, but what baring does this have on his ability to do his job?

With a very good job, a decent pay rate I certainly wouldn't feel sorry for them.

For some strange reason I get the feeling that you may have been either involved directly or indirectly with bullying. We all have our differences, I'm sure you yourself will have differences and things wrong with your body that you are not happy with or anxious about people taking the mickey out of you for.

What cloth would that be? I'm guessing you mean the cloth of serving and protecting the public and sticking to their oath. I guess the cloth that means that they will endanger their lives to save members of the community they serve.

Police officers are not cowards. You wouldn't do well in an equality and diversity test!

Again you show a lack of equality and respect. Whatever our background is we all deserve a fair chance.
edit on 15-8-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join