It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
he had his gun on him though and his badge in his wallet
skimmed too huh? i said com-unit or CELLPHONE

Roflmao! I think the other poster was right, you obviously are a troll.

You really are amazing to be able to pull out a phone and dial 911, all while being restrained and beaten by at least two men! You must have learned some DAMN good street fighting in grade 1!

he also had the option of backing off or even running
but that wouldnt be manly would it?

Running? Do you not READ? He was injured and quite possibly could not walk or run.

Such a big hero to sit here and tell someone who is being beaten to death how to act. Armchair policemen make me sad.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yes because an off duty cop on his way home carries a police radio with him... He also knows 12 forms of kung fu and could definitly beaten up 3 guys directly after being in an auto accident. Yeah you really read that article and did some source fact checking.

he had his gun on him though and his badge in his wallet
skimmed too huh? i said com-unit or CELLPHONE
he also had the option of backing off or even running
but that wouldnt be manly would it?

Get off the cell-phone thing. This instance was happening fast and furious. No time for a phone.

The guy was also injured. If he ran, that would have been a act of cowardice after hitting a child. He stayed and attempted to render aid.

Only time to make a decision, one which the cop probably regrets.

If you hate cops, then so be it. Be honest. That I can respect, though not necessarily agree with.

But if this guy who accidently hit a child was your average Joe Schmoe, we probably would not even be hearing about it.

edit on 15-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Off duty cops routinely carry firearms... Also you cannot leave the scene of an accident... As a first responder he is trained in first aid and is morally obliged to provide it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

east harlem early 70's
and you had to learn as the only way to get to the cafeteria
was via stairs
which were filled with gangs fighting

and who would beat up anybody who entered
students and teachers
got thrown down those stairs quite a few times before this little bookworm
learned to fight and after too

not everybody gets to live a pampered existence
and go to a preppy school with only 20-30 students per class

good for you

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
For those of you who HAVEN'T read the article please do. There is more to the story than is in the opening post. Again, the usual group have jumped on the bandwagon of police hating. There is nothing to say the police officer was driving dangerously or recklessly, there is also nothing to suggest that he intentionally run the child over more over this story would not have received this many replies if it involved just civilians. However, if we believe what we read in the article it was the male who got shot as well as family members that were beating the police officer up. Was this police officer justified in taking the action he did? Only he knows.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In London, we don't use guns, so we use man power majority of the time, someones stun guns, but if this happened in London, he surely wouldn't have lost his life.

What the man did, was not so bad that a police officer had to use a gun and take his life, that's just being over powerful and a murderer.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
www.cafemom.com... ent=0

UNBELIEVABLE!
why are cops so quick to start blasting away at everyone?

he must have been driving too fast or recklessly to piss the father off like that.
now he's dead, probably killed right in front of his children.

Well if the story is true the dad beat the cop to near unconsciousness. This wasnt a child molester laying a hand on his daughter, it was an accident. If you want to call out police brutality there are enough legitimate cases.

This is a civil case where the off duty cop could have opted to shoot the guy in the leg or something.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueboyinheaven
In London, we don't use guns, so we use man power majority of the time, someones stun guns, but if this happened in London, he surely wouldn't have lost his life.

What the man did, was not so bad that a police officer had to use a gun and take his life, that's just being over powerful and a murderer.

You really can't mean that. What if he was beaten to death? That would justify the father? That dog don't hunt.

Do Bobbies carry stun guns while off duty? Are they technically on-duty 24/7?

Also this is the US, not the UK, so the laws apply differently. Just as they apply in various aspects from state to state.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

east harlem early 70's
was via stairs

students and teachers

good for you

Glad fighting gangs in 70s Harlem taught you how to dial your cellphone while being restrained and beaten unconcious by two gang members!

Funny thing is, i was around in the 70s and i dont remember cellphones......................

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Originally posted by lonewolf10
www.cafemom.com... ent=0

UNBELIEVABLE!
why are cops so quick to start blasting away at everyone?

he must have been driving too fast or recklessly to piss the father off like that.
now he's dead, probably killed right in front of his children.

Well if the story is true the dad beat the cop to near unconsciousness. This wasnt a child molester laying a hand on his daughter, it was an accident. If you want to call out police brutality there are enough legitimate cases.

This is a civil case where the off duty cop could have opted to shoot the guy in the leg or something.

He did. The bullet hit the guys femoral artery.

If you must comment, at least skim through the thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Call me crazy, but it takes a little more than "an accident" for someone to randomly run up to a cop and start attacking him.

That's just not true. Emotional responses are very common in crisis situations. Emotional responses, by definition, rely on emotion rather than logic.
On top of that, the father was apparently in a nearby restaurant when the incident occurred. We don't even know if he saw the accident happen

Not only that, but supposedly a family member jumped in as well?

That doesn't prove or even suggest anything. It wouldn't be very surprising no matter what the situation was.

I wouldn't doubt it if the cop was being completely reckless.

It's definitely possible but the fact that the officer had the time and the presence of mind to risk his own safety
and lay the bike down might suggest otherwise.

Also, he was off-duty, so the man probably didn't even know he was a cop?

The article I read on the story stated that the officer identified himself as a cop when the father approached while he was attempting to attend to the little girl.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No, they do not carry any equipment whatsoever whilst off-duty unless they get prior permission whilst on training days. Carrying the equipment off-duty leaves police officers open to criminal charges of carrying offensive weapons and also firearms. Again, this is perhaps something the US can learn from when they get round to changing gun laws. They could learn a thing or two with how the UK deals with firearm offences.
edit on 15-8-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
since your logic and empathy, circuits are all on the fritz
i'll just move along

i did not say hit and run
running was an option when the beatdown started

but keep twisting my words that just shows you up
as trolls yourselves or incapable of visualizing a scenario.

this is why you'll continue to be walked over in life
unless you're the one walking over others for pay of course

i stand by what i've posted here,
so far, you've failed to convince me,
not cause i'm stubborn,
but because you cant seem to think

or put yourselves in other peoples shoes

i have, including the cop's

so continue rattling your chains,

i have other replies to answer
on other threads

edit on 15-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: corrected spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

east harlem early 70's
was via stairs

students and teachers

good for you

Glad fighting gangs in 70s Harlem taught you how to dial your cellphone while being restrained and beaten unconcious by two gang members!

Funny thing is, i was around in the 70s and i dont remember cellphones......................

Gangs. The one reason I see to suspend Posse Comititus.

But then I realize that would lead to all sorts of crap.

I'm starting to think that this "Father" hated cops more than loving his kid. Why else would a person assault another, rather than rendering aid to their loved one?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
About 2 years ago a guy ran into a mail jeep right in front of my house. He laid his bike down and was pretty torn up by the time I got there. I started first aid and asked for his name. He was looking around but wouldn't give me a clear answer to my questions. Then I saw blood pooling around his foot. I cut open his pant leg and saw his leg bone sticking out of his skin. The jagged bone had damaged his artery. When I attempted to apply pressure all he wanted to do was fight me. Two neighbors held him down while I stopped the bleeding until the ambulance arrived almost 10 minutes later.

He was in shock and was confused. Although he was conscious and capable of movement he was in no shape to make any clear decisions. Granted this cop was probably not in as bad of shape, it is unreasonable to expect him to not have experienced some degree of shock. I'm not sure that he can be held fully liable for the actions that he took given the circumstances.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

since your logic and empathy, circuits are all on the fritz
i'll just move along

Our empathy is intact, i feel for all people in this tragic story. I would however suggest you are lacking common sense.

i did not say hit and run
running was an option when the beatdown started

How many times must you be told the officer was injured? Do you claim to KNOW it wasnt his leg that was injured? You KNOW he could have run?

Also, it was kindy explained to you by a LEO that you MUST stay at the scene of the crime. To leave would be a hit and run. This man, being a LEO himself knew that and rightfully stayed to help this girl.

but keep twisting my words that just shows you up
as trolls yourselves or incapable of visualizing a scenario.

No need to twist your words, they are twisted in the first place.

this is why you'll continue to be walked over in life
unless you're the one walking over others for pay of course

I have a great life, thank you.

i stand by what i've posted here,
so far, you've failed to convince me,
not cause i'm stubborn,
but because you cant seem to think

or put yourselves in other peoples shoes

I somehow suspect you simply have it out for police.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT

No, we do not carry any equipment whatsoever whilst off-duty unless we get prior permission whilst on training days. Carrying our equipment leaves us open to criminal charges of carrying offensive weapons and also firearms. Again, this is perhaps something the US can learn from when they get round to changing gun laws. They could learn a thing or two with how the UK deals with firearm offences.

Hmm, as is obvious, I am a supporter of the 2d Amendment. But I am not so small minded that we can't learn from one another. I think the UK could return to what they once were by restoring certain rights, but that is a different thread.

The US is a different world than the UK or even Europe. This is still a wild place, and if you are not prepared...you'll pay.

But I still like it.

If his had happened in the UK, how do you think this story would have played out? Considering the Bobbie in question was unarmed?

I think that London (or whatever town...Ippswitch?) would be less one Bobbie.
edit on 15-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm inclined to think your version makes sense. I also thought drinking might have been involved.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by ProfessorT

No, we do not carry any equipment whatsoever whilst off-duty unless we get prior permission whilst on training days. Carrying our equipment leaves us open to criminal charges of carrying offensive weapons and also firearms. Again, this is perhaps something the US can learn from when they get round to changing gun laws. They could learn a thing or two with how the UK deals with firearm offences.

Hmm, as is obvious, I am a supporter of the 2d Amendment. But I am not so small minded that we can't learn from one another. I think the UK could return to what they once were by restoring certain rights, but that is a different thread.

The US is a different world than the UK or even Europe. This is still a wild place, and if you are not prepared...you'll pay.

But I still like it.

If his had happened in the UK, how do you think this story would have played out? Considering the Bobbie in question was unarmed?

I think that Londen (or whatever town...Ippswitch?) would be less one Bobbie.

Most people in the UK respect police officers. If this had happened I can almost guarantee that no one would have been killed. However, it's very difficult to say what would have happened to be honest. I mean the responsibility of dealing with the aftermath of the crash would have been down to the officer in the first instance administering first aid to the child. I'm not sure how cops in the US do things but over here if an off-duty officer is getting attacked the whole of the city turns up...Literally.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You know nothing about me friend... But i suspect your street gangs comprised of 6 year olds was pretty tough for you. It does explain your willingness to pass judgement on me and the officer in question.

Boasting about your "experience" makes your opinion less valid.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join