It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia woman faces $600-a-day fine for feeding needy neighborhood kids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Soooooooooooooooooo sad.

And infuriating, as well.
In other news.....................

You have all now been assimilated into the Borg Collective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Resistance is Futile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 16-8-2012 by ParacelsusPontifex because: Corrected spelling mistake.

edit on 16-8-2012 by ParacelsusPontifex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yeah I get the difference. But I'm not sure that you are getting my point.

Fact of the matter is a stranger shouldn't be feeding RANDOM kids. And if she chooses to do so,then she needs to take the steps that her township requires her to do. What part of that are you not getting?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yeah I get the difference. But I'm not sure that you are getting my point.

Okay fair enough. Elaborate on what point I am not getting instead of just saying "im not getting it".

Fact of the matter is a stranger shouldn't be feeding RANDOM kids.

She isnt a stranger. By definition. She regularly fed them, so shes not a stranger.

Either way I am not against a stranger handing out free food.

I expanded on that in earlier posts. Respond to my points. I am more than willing to discuss them.

And if she chooses to do so,then she needs to take the steps that her township requires her to do. What part of that are you not getting?

See now since I have already posted more than one post relevant to that, you should respond to that instead of asking that again...and again.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

@Everybody ok! Uhmmm?

As far as I can see it at face value,... these are the fears that are being operated off of ...

The awesome lady ... has her fears about the kids going hungry and not being able to cover the ordanance fee's and insurance etc. If she could of she would of ... but she can't and won't as those $ are prioritized as going towards the kids getting fed

The awesome council ... has their fears about being held legally liable if something goes wrong because they LOCAL council is made up of and paid for by the ... oh yeah Local parents and other people. They also want to get paid so they can buy the insurance to cover her becuase they will bhe signing of on her variance which makes the legally liable.

The awesome kids ... fear going hungry and not being taken fully care of
... and they don't fear this lady or the food she serves them and they were all simling as they sat and ate good food that she provided for free and with on going oversight by the council and now including the mainstream online media.

The Insurance company is waiting for the money and for everything to be legally above board before they will even consider cover the risk with an insurance policy.

Her fears are well founded enough that I accept them at face value and I commend her for her 100% praiseworthy actions.

The councils fears are also very well founded that I accept them at face value and OL commends them for holding her to account of the rules but OL feels that they could waive the $1000.oo in fees for her to aquire a variance because that would be the charitable thing to since she is already feeding their kids for free with their oversight via the local council sending welfare workers around to check on her and they are only speaking up now because of the legal $$$ issue and a wise adherence to the rules.

The power here lies with the parents because they know where their kids are and with who and doing what!

And they already do ... They are on that local council who sends welfare workers around.

The kids fears are that their parents can't feed and take care of them properly or they would be over at a well to do friends house playing xbox etc. instead of eating this ladies free food because I am sure they have gone without food at some point and they would know what that feels like and they wouldn't want to see anybody go without food, especially other kids, because generally kids are good natured at heart.

The Insurance company fears for the risks its shareholders ould be taking on and if the whole thing isn't fully above board legally then there isn't any point in selling the council insurance as they know the insurance company wouldn't allow a claim to ever be made due to the lack of appropriate legal paperwork in full.

So ... how to quash all these fears?

For the lady ... she needs to keep doing excatly what she is doing and has been doing and will continue doing ... but she still needs to also get this variance so that everything is in pefect legal order ok.

For the council aka the parents ... they need to waive the $1000.oo variance fee or start feeding their kids ok.

For the kids ... they need to obey their parents and they must never ever forget what this lady has done for them.

Now if it is still all about the $1000.oo variance fee that the council would then use to buy the insurance they nedd becuase they would then agree to 'cover her' if any thing , god forbid
, went wrong etc.

Could any ATS members with FB or Twiiter ... try to make this story go viral because if just 1 elite person donates $10.oo and that inspires the other 99% too follow suit then this issue would go away ...

And the lady could get on with what she does best and keep feeding those kids and educating them to the REAL meaning of community.

And the council could sigh a big relief and sign off on her and buy that insurance to cover any tragic occurance.

And the Insurance company can go that 's way cool ... of course we will cover that with a policy since it is fully legitimate legally. May no unfornseen tragic occurances happen becuase that is the companies shareholders annual dividend profits at stake.

And the kids can continue to get free healthy food and can rest assured that their parents are feeding them and are taking care of them .. becuase their parents on the local council would have fully endorsed and APPROVED this ladies future actions and bought insurnce to cover this lady and her working with the kids and therefor also cover those same kids by proxy in the event of a negative unforseen happening.

Personal Disclosure: Am I making any sense?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

If this area is as horrible and drug infested as you describe...it is indeed sad, especially for the kids born into that mess. But like I said in a previous post, I suspect the children are getting more then just food from this woman, they are getting some sort of Love and security from her too.

I think what bothers me the most about this story is how "punative" this township is willing to be toward this woman...and what appears to be an unwillingness to work with her and also an air of "contempt" toward her. If she takes a stand and continues to feed these kids without paying these fees, they can ruin her life, throw her into dept., and possibly even in jail.......just seems terribly unfair to me for helping her community.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As an American I see where America has failed. We no longer live in the country of the free. What freedoms we had as a people have been and are being stripped away through petty laws and regulations. While the populace is distracted by 'The Voice' and enamored by 'Facebook', those with even the smallest amount of power are trying to justify their position by exerting whatever control they have. Whether that control is for the good or the bad, for the right or the wrong it doesn't matter so long as control is exercised and egos stroked.

What would our grandparents say about helping out children in need? What about our great grandparents? Wasn't this country built on the idea of community? 'Bring us your poor, your huddled masses'. These words ring hollow in today's America.

We used to have a 'government of the people, by the people, for the people'. From what I see, it is exactly the opposite today. We are here for the government. We are it's fodder. The government rolls over us as citizens knowing it can't be stopped. You come up with a way to help someone, they will come up with the regulations to restrain it. The old America is gone and has almost 'perish(ed) from the earth'. We live in a new America, just not a better America.

Thank you for reading. This has been very cathartic. Hopefully one day we can put this country back on the right track.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I don't mean this as sarcasm, but sound like a wonderful project for Jesse Jackson's Rainbow/PUSH group to get involved with and fund.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
While, I think it is sucks that people sometimes get in trouble for something such as feeding hungry people...I can understand the cities concern... They probably want to make sure the food is clean for those who will be eating it.

A pain, sure, but better than having a news story about the sick neighborhood kids in the hospital after a woman feeds them bad food.

Anyway, she can still give food away. She just has to get the okay of the city, that the food is clean and healthy.....And if it is...She has nothing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is part of the problem with "too much government", when the government wants to regulate EVERYTHING, and trust me they never stop by just regulating one thing. When you allow one regulation, a thousand more will pop up as the "Big Government/Nanny State" seeks to regulate everything and makes money by doing so.

This is what happens in a "wellfare/nanny/big Government/state"

This woman should be allowed to help others without having to pay ONE CENT...

In other states even children trying to sell lemonade in summer have to apply for a business license... This is how stupid the system has become, and the idiots in power don't see anything wrong with it...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Anyway, she can still give food away. She just has to get the okay of the city, that the food is clean and healthy.....And if it is...She has nothing to worry about.

She has to pay $1,000 dollars for doing something that she does FOR FREE...

Children selling lemonade in summer have to apply for a business license which would cost around the same... You think children will make $1,000 U.S. dollars by selling lemonade in summer for a few cents?...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join