Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2012 and the spreading of hoax videos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A great number of videos have been posted int he 2012 forum purporting to show second suns. These videos are often poor quality, but not all. The videos show 4 things:

1. sun dogs
2. lens flares
3. images shot through windows
4. black zones

What is needed is a simple set of tests people can do if they encounter them personally as well as tests people can use when they encounter these videos. These tests should tell the individual what is being observed.

It should also be of interest to the people involved as to the effects a second Sun would have on the Earth and the solar system in general.

If you want to learn about sun dogs try:
www.atoptics.co.uk...

The ice halos are atmospheric. Sun dogs are not usually sharp disks in the sky. They are not close to the Sun. They do not move relative to the Sun as the camera moves.

Lens flares are seen in many movies and photos. They move relative to the Sun when the camera is moved. They are due to reflections inside of the camera.

A reflection inside of a window pane is due to the window being made of multiple layers of optical material. These reflections do not noticeably move relative to the Sun when the camera moves. That may not be the case if the window is significantly curved.

Black zones may appear across the surface of a bright object. This is a camera artifact as the camera overloads and prevents damage by grounding out the sensors in the camera. These are not objects in front of the Sun.

So what can you do to determine which of these objects is out there.
1. See if the object moves relative to the Sun as the camera moves.
2. Try a pin hole camera to image the Sun.
3. Look to see if an object casts shadows in different directions.
4. Step outside and stop looking through a window pane.
5. Check a solar observatory image in space or on the ground.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If there were a Second Sun we would notice a large number of changes due to:
1. increased mass in the inner solar system
2. increased energy emitted by the pair of Suns
3. greater angular diameter of lighting

The second Sun would immediately begin to change the orbits of the planets. Star charts would clearly be wrong. The planet Mercury would certainly be moved from its orbit in quick fashion. The tides would change since the Sun is about 1/3 of the tidal effect and a second Sun would increase the solar component of the tides.

The increased energy reaching the Earth would spell doom. A 10% increase in energy reaching the Earth would cook all of us.

Sunrise and sunset times would be altered by the new light source that is further out from the Sun.

During daylight hours we'd experience shadows going in more than 1 direction. This can be seen at night walking through a parking lot lit by multiple lights.

These fairly showy effects would quickly tell us all that a second Sun is no fun at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
LOL like 99% of 2012 video's are fake, the other 1% is genuine interesting videos about the Maya civilisation and what it could POSSIBLY mean...
edit on 14-8-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well it's 7:30 AM here and I just walked outside to look at the sun. Cairns is directly on the coast of Queensland (Tropical North) this is EXACTLY where the Great Barrier Reef is. This factor allows for crystal clear ocean waters making the sun stand out more (as well as many other things). What I can do today if it will put peoples minds at ease is go for a drive up the Mossman Range which is litterally on the cliffs edge with a sheer drop to the rocks and ocean below. So from now until lets say 10:30 AM local time will make prime time for sun viewing, as long as I remember my Sun Glasses. if I see anything even REMOTLEY OF INTREST I will film and post.

as for the 99% of bad 2012 vids, these are just things we will just have to live with, WE ARE THE 1%!

Love, Light, and all that crap....

p.s the sun is behind a cloud at the moment but i'm still pretty sure i'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, personally i'm more concerned about the activity on the sun that is already there!
edit on 14/8/2012 by blazingdefiance because: p.s

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here is another great excuse as to why we can't easily detect a second Sun although it can be captured on junky cameras such as the ones in cell phones: the second Sun only emits in the infrared.

Well that means it is not a second Sun at all. [insert face palm]

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A recent example of a second Sun hoax is found in the following thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More such hoaxes to be listed soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A website discussing some of the hoax videos posted on ATS

quinazagga.wordpress.com...

It provides an overview of:
1. lens flares
2. camera artifacts
3. atmospheric effects
4. image editing

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here is a video describing how anyone can produce these hoaxes. Watch and see how simple it is to do and if you have been fooled before, next time don't be fooled by this simple trick.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Threads that report second Suns or objects next to the Sun include:

Object near the Sun

May 29 2012 - Most recent Nibiru/Planet X pictures - Very Clear!

Is it possible for there to be two Suns in 2012?

Winged planet seen next to sun!

The goal of this thread is to provide tools to the members of ATS that can assist them in determining why the claims of second Suns are false. That includes identifying the objects as new planets, too.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
A recent example of a second Sun hoax is found in the following thread.

More such hoaxes to be listed soon.

Is that a sun dog?

I google image searched sun dogs and couldn't find any pictures that are similar to that video.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I prefer free will. Actions and consequences
What do you think OP, Free Country Live and Let Live?
Too much to ask?
Face it, what you do today, tests, measures, have no impact on what tomorrow brings. Many people each day have no tomorrows, right, OP?

P.S. no star, no flag
edit on 14-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

p.p.s. I starred your audience for you
edit on 14-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

No it is not a sun dog. Sun dogs do not form discs very often. This is due to a reflection off a double paned glass in front of the camera. That is why the bright spot stays at the same angle relative to the Sun. It is not the same distance, but the same angle. The distinction is important.

The video I posted showing how to make a second Sun shows how to make this effect. Around 8 minutes into the video the person attaches 2 filters to the camera. They form a double pane of glass. The filters are screwed together to form 2 parallel glass panes. The inner filter is cross threaded onto the camera so that the panes are at a slight angle to the body of the camera and thus at a slight angle to the optical axis of the camera. The angle causes an offset of the reflection relative to the Sun.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ok so you're saying that the person recording was unable to see this with his naked eye. That it was a legitimate hoax. Probably the case. But what do you make of the orange above the supposed second sun?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
you schills lend more credence to the second sun being real by creating posts like this.. if this were such a "hoax", would there be such a humongous amount of people trying to debunk this phenomenon?

"love, light and all that crap" - this here should tell you this persons intentions..

as for those of us who are paying attention, we will still spread the truth about the twin sun until the day it arrives. THIS THREAD IS A JOKE.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GameKeeper

Someone should send this thread to NASA. They have the most knowledge about spreading and making hoax videos.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

Ok so you're saying that the person recording was unable to see this with his naked eye. That it was a legitimate hoax. Probably the case. But what do you make of the orange above the supposed second sun?

I think that the person making the video is a cheat. I think they did this on purpose. They intentionally made the video as a hoax. Lots of people do.

The orange is probably a lens flare. It does not move relative to the bright spot since the bright spot is fixed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GameKeeper

you schills lend more credence to the second sun being real by creating posts like this.. if this were such a "hoax", would there be such a humongous amount of people trying to debunk this phenomenon?

"love, light and all that crap" - this here should tell you this persons intentions..

as for those of us who are paying attention, we will still spread the truth about the twin sun until the day it arrives. THIS THREAD IS A JOKE.

Thanks for the humorous comments. I really appreciate the effort it took to say so little.

If you think there is a second Sun out there can you demonstrate its existence with a pin hole camera? Use an alternate imaging modality to support your contention of the second Sun. Can you do that?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Someone should send this thread to NASA. They have the most knowledge about spreading and making hoax videos.

Can you tell us about these hoax videos since I am not familiar with this?

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet when it comes to NASA. Were you fired by them? What has you so upset? It seems personal and not objective.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Stop trying to spread LOGIC and REASON with 2012! What is a matter with you???

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here are more threads claiming to show Nibiru or a second Sun or whatever!

Another Supposed Nibiru Sighting...From Kentucky,

Photos Of Nibiru From Across The World!!

For you Nibiru fans...a photo not of Nibiru

There sure are a lot of hoaxes floating around out there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join