It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Border Sheriffs Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Dear Friend,
As you know, last spring the Supreme Court heard arguments about Arizona's SB 1070—the controversial immigration law—and ruled in June that the most important provisions of the law were constitutional. Apparently the ACLU missed that memo.

Less than 60 days later, the ACLU is singlehandedly trying to dismantle SB 1070, claiming that it's impossible to enforce the law without discriminating against people of a certain race. To prove its point, this radically liberal organization has filed a class action lawsuit against Sheriff Dever and the other border sheriffs and is actively pursuing a plaintiff to show irreparable harm caused by the enforcement of SB 1070. It's ridiculous, I know. But unfortunately, too many opponents of SB 1070 will do and say anything in their attempt to get it off the books.

We've worked too hard to defend this law and our sheriffs' right to enforce it to take anything for granted. That's why the Border Sheriffs Project is gearing up for another court battle. With less than three months until the presidential election, I suspect that the ACLU and its leftist allies will try to make SB 1070 a campaign issue. And while this is a good opportunity to demonstrate why our sheriffs need to enforce SB 1070, it's likely to attract a lot of attention. That means more individuals and organizations will want in on the ACLU's lawsuit.

I hate to say it, but if the ACLU prevails, it could mark the end of SB 1070—despite the Supreme Court's June decision. Good thing the Border Sheriffs Project is moving full steam ahead to prepare another defense fund for our sheriffs!
Thank you in advance for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Christopher Rants
Executive Director, The Border Sheriffs Project

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Janadele

All you posted for your OP, is a clip and paste of some other person's letter. Why did you post it, and what are your opinions on it.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It seems a worthy cause which could benefit from further distribution. The US certainly needs a more secure border.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janadele
It seems a worthy cause which could benefit from further distribution. The US certainly needs a more secure border.

You can say that again!!!!!!
Illegal immigration is such a huge problem on so many levels. They come here without a health or background check, thousands of our citizens have lost their lives because of illegal immigrants and our laws not being enforced. We have millions of citizens struggling to feed their families while illegals hold jobs. In some areas of the workforce they have driven wages down. In many areas we are now forced to speak a foreign language in order to get hired. It has cost us a fortune in their schooling, welfare, healthcare etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Political correctness is a huge factor in the demise of the USA. This is used against us so often and ruthlessly its not even funny. You complain about Obama, your a racist, you dont like illegals trying to come over by any means necessary and exploiting our country, your a racist. It gets old real fast. Its obvious the government will not do anything about this problem, so it lies at the feet of the states that have to deal with this problem. But the government wont let them...one day its going to explode. State vs the Gov is going to have to be resolved and fast. I live in Texas where this is also a huge issue, but so far we just do what we need to and have not been harassed by the gov. But if we get too good at it, that will change. This has to stop and it has to stop now or we will end up with another civil war/revolution.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
During my visits to Texas the border problems were evident, and solutions few

new topics

top topics

join