It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what this symbol means, or where it is from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

Zeevar - Logical and sensible assessment, are you able to provide evidence that it's correct?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow, that symbol does look spooky! Almost like it would have some type of dark or satanistic origins. Especially the goat head at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines

With the goat figure I would think it would represent doing a spell of some kind.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Ram headed snake is a symbolic of renewal and power. The ram's head may also be the symbol for the planet Mars and the astrological sign of Aries.

Rope often means continuity or a link to the sea. An intertwined rope or rope with another item often signifies harmony/unity.

A pot on the fire is often a symbol for camping.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

In searching I found The haning kettle is similar to the Salvation Army 's Red Kettle Christmas campaign. I have heard there are connections to the Salvation Army and Freemasons

I researched wreath and fish. I got pagans used wreaths in rituals.

Wiki Wreaths Wreaths originally were made for use with pagan rituals in Europe, and were associated with the changing seasons and fertility. Christianity accepted the symbolism of the wreath based upon its Roman association with honour and moral virtue.

The fish may refer to Dagon, fertillity god.

Perhaps the Red Kettle is a way to celebrate the ritual that this pin is symbolizing, or this pin was an old symbol of the Salvation Army.

Christmas is a change of season. Fertility or multiplying, putting money in the pot brings about virtue.

I may be connecting dots that are too far apart here, but I tend to do that.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I believe it is an occult symbol

witchofforestgrove.com...

In Wicca and some other forms of neopagan or pagan belief systems the cauldron is still used in magical practices. Most often a cauldron is made of cast iron and is used to burn loose incense on a charcoal disc, to make black salt (used in banishing rituals), for mixing herbs, or to burn petitions (paper with words of power or wishes written on them). Cauldrons symbolize not only the Goddess but also represent the womb (due to the fact that it holds something) and on an altar it represents earth because it is a working tool. Cauldrons are often sold in new age and metaphysical stores and may have other symbols of power inscribed on them.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join