Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Does anyone know what this symbol means, or where it is from?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I saw this image and was wondering if anyone had any information on where it may be from. It was a 10K gold hat pin. It seems a little spooky to me. Any ideas?

edit on 14-8-2012 by gopher mines because: Bad link

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines

Blank page. Broken link?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
posting spot reserved

Right... Looks like a broth boiling over a fire - outback style.

Or a well.

Anything strange about the context or where you found it?

Also, how does one have so few posts when you've been here 6 years!! lol
edit on 14-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Fixed image..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No idea other than cooking. Yep.. this is how we used to cook before taco bell.

Probably symbolizes domesticity or plenty. I really have no idea but its interesting

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I'm an observer...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

At first i thought "it's just a cooking pot"... I've used similar setups on camping trips.

Then i put my conspiracy hat on and looked at the leaves at the bottom... Very similar shape to Baphomet... maybe it not a pot... maybe it a cauldron!!

HAHA!! lots of maybes from me

I would like to know the origins of thehat pins and some history behind it before a decide whether it’s innocent or not

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
looks like the bucket raised over a water well. the well being the mind of a ram.

don't know where its from...but its definitely not worth much.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I agree with Sinny, in what context was this pin found?

My guess is that it is a wedding present and the image represents "Mannish Water", the goat head soup traditionally served to the groom to make him more virile.
edit on 14-8-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think there's more to this than simply cooking!!!

Looks kinda Goaty/Devily, will be OBSERVING this thread for answers.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can see the cooking reference as posted above. I also see a goat's head below the cooking fire and the wreath of ??? around the perimeter. If it's just a cooking scene, what with the goat's head? Goat stew? Or something more sinister?

Edit: Also on the pot...Is that just flames or something else?
edit on 14-8-2012 by LevelHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Pot over spit but have no idea, I know that to the Celts a cauldron symbolized life. They thought that it brought people back to life in battle, not sure if it is any good to what you have but might be a start, hope it helps

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines

I'm an observer...

Yeah right! You're definitely some form of alien or government employee who observes ATS members. Now, you've been handed some image of something symbolic and creepy from the higher ups and decided to troll ATS for answers! I'm not supporting your agenda!

It symbolizes the ending of an age, and the time period of conflict. It's about time, eternity... hope and acknowledging destruction...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I bought a nice Pendleton hat today at a local thrift store for $1 and this pin was attached to it.

Are those Hebrew letters on the cauldron?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Looks a lot like an 1800's h-set. This is cooking equipment and the pot is suspended over the open flame.

See link for pic: www.welandsmithy.com...

I agree with this being used for goat's head soup.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
looks like baphomet to me...but not sure what the significance of the cooking fire is...but that could be all to sinister...but it does not look friendly to me?

That is why i am heading along these lines....will keep looking.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

what would you consider the wreath to be going around the pin head...it looks like pine cones or corn cobs...can you give an idea as the pic is not that clear.

Okay i think we are getting closer here for you...it is something to do with the cult and goats head soup...go here and look the are similar symbols here.

Chintz of darkness
edit on 053131p://f09Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So what you're saying is that this is a photo you took of something you bought at a thrift shop for $1.

Why am I skeptical ? Doesn't look like a regular photo to me. Can you show the original that hasn't been manipulated ? I'm just asking because Sinny raises an intersting point about your ATS history.

Back on topic.

It's definately a symbol of Baphomet at the bottom.

From what I can deduce the pot above is in a fire and simmering with frogs in it - and the frogs are us !!

*Ned

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Figures, I can't find what I'm looking for, but I have seen this symbolism a few times. I believe it is Baphomet, and a "witches cauldron". I've seen this slyly portrayed in advertisements like the one below...

But I was googling for a specific image I can't find now, sorry.

On the other hand, this could be nothing more sinister than some designers imagination.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Unedited image (used photoshop to convert from png)

I cropped out my fingers and made it black and white, and adjusted the first image to bring out some of the detail.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join