It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you access your own intuition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Some call it a gut feeling. Others say its in the heart and that the head has nothing to do with it. While others say that it just comes out of the blue.

How do you access and understand your own intuition? Let's decipher this mystery

"I don't trust books. They're all fact, no heart. And that's exactly what's pulling our country apart today. Because face it, folks, we are a divided nation. Not between Democrats or Republicans, or conservatives and liberals, or tops and bottoms. No, we are divided by those who think with their head, and those who know with their heart...” ~ Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report

edit on 14-8-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is a very good book on accessing one's innate intuition. I found it very useful with excellent exercises in developing use of my intuition.

Practical Intuition by Laura Day.

Book Description
Publication Date: September 29, 1997
Gut feeling. Sixth sense. Hunch. No matter what it's called, intuition plays a part in the decisions we make every day. In seminars around the world, Laura Day has taught business people, financial analysts, celebrities, homemakers, doctors, lawyers, and other professionals how to consciously tap this hidden ability. Now, through a step-by-step program, first-person accounts, and real-life examples, Day shows you how to unlock the remarkable power of your mind.

Practical Intuition will help you:

follow your hunches and control your enthusiasms
make better investment and business decisions
"read" other people more accurately
make more informed decisions about your health
know whether a partner is right for you
understand what you really want to do with the rest of your life
and much more
www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hmm. Interesting.. I refer to it as my "Gut" feeling.

Its something I know. How I know, I don't know. But I just Know.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That's a great quote from Colbert. Did this really come out of his mouth, I'm a little shocked ? When I saw him interview (butt kiss) Kissinger once on his show I nearly gagged, and thought this guy is such a shill - why didn't he rip him to shreads !?

Anyway getting back on topic.

The book that Des recommended is pretty good - I've got that one myself. Kind of ironic though that you have to consult a book when you want to get away from indoctrination - but I guess you have to start somehwhere.

You will find that this book and others like it all focus on one thing, and that is using affective meditation techniques to get you out of your ego-brain and into the intelligence of spirit - some call it finding your 'heart'.

Good luck with it.

*Ned

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You are responsible for creating the format and function of your imagination,,, how you process information,,, this is something they dont teach in school,, but i found to be true.,,..,,. the manner in which you visualize and disect reality,,, how engineers or scientists or mathematicians can imagine complex numbers,, and mechanical parts, and the physics of it.,.,. all of this stuff takes place in the mind.,., by comprehending the basic informational parts and components of what you are dealing with,,, understanding exactly what it is and what it can do.,., and then playing legos in your mind,.,.,. by giving your self the freedom and confidence to experiment with trying new pieces in new places,.,.,. un relentlessly questioning your methods and logic,..,.,.,

intuition as to when someone is lying or something ,.,.,. is pretty much detective work,.,., what are the motives,,, what are they like as a person,,, what could they be experiencing,, would they lie about this etc..... basically questioning and understanding every aspect of reality,,, to determine truth,.,.,.

without taking a moments break and with hardly a thought i blurted out those blurbs,,, from my intuition,, and i think what i said I correct at least a little bit based on my best observation and assessment,,, and..... intuition ..
edit on 14-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i pose a qestion to my self like this.

"where are my keys at?"
left side of room flash red in my mind. right side flashs green
works about half the time. haha lol

but seriously hit works and you just need to practise understanding how to interprit if you will thou feelings
but seriosly assining a color works best for me

clarvoince
edit on 14-8-2012 by jplaysguitar because: added content

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Intuition is defined as:

direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

dictionary.reference.com...
Here is how mine works. When I hear, or read a profound though, a Truth, as it were, I get a shiver up my back, where the Chakras are. When this happens, I know it is a Truth.

Another form of Intuition is when someone "feels" something coming, anything, and they it happens. This is also called
pre-cognition.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Some call it a gut feeling. Others say its in the heart and that the head has nothing to do with it. While others say that it just comes out of the blue.

How do you access and understand your own intuition? Let's decipher this mystery

"I don't trust books. They're all fact, no heart. And that's exactly what's pulling our country apart today. Because face it, folks, we are a divided nation. Not between Democrats or Republicans, or conservatives and liberals, or tops and bottoms. No, we are divided by those who think with their head, and those who know with their heart...” ~ Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report

edit on 14-8-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

I myself don't often have feelings of intuition that are very strong. I usually just do what I think and feel is best in any given situation. However, every once and awhile, I'll get a "gut feeling" that I can literally feel in my gut, it's like heavy butterflies in the stomach. Almost like a feeling of dread in my stomach but there isn't a reason behind it that is obvious. Then when I get that feeling, I just listen to it and "know" to act a certain way to avoid getting into trouble. It usually has something to do with me avoiding getting into trouble.

I can even think of a few examples.

When I was underage and living with my parents a friend stayed the night and after my mom had gone to work for the night and my father had gone to bed we went out to be immature and prank people and things along those lines. When we got back to he house it was still really late and the only reason my father gets up is generally to use the restroom and go to bed. After we got in the house though I just had a strong "gut feeling" and instead of trying to sneak back to my room like what I normally would have done I told my friend to wait and be quiet. Moments later we heard my dad up and moving around, he used the restroom, but something still felt strange. I told my friend to hide behind a chair and I hid under a desk. Moments later my father walked over to same part of the house my friend and I were hiding in. He moved something or got an undershirt in the nearby laundry then went back to bed, but he did this with the lights on and had I not had the "gut feeling" we would have been out in the open and exposed to our deception.

Another time I was at a family reunion around Christmas. My wife was with us and we were all at my cousins house. Most of the family is inside all the time because it's cold. My wife and I smoked green at the time. So we went for a "walk" so we could enjoy one of our "jazz cigarettes" We weren't done with it yet and there is a wall near the garage that is lower then the garage itself on the other side of the driveway. There is a path from the back of the house that sort of leads to this area. We also had clove cigarettes with us for afterward to help cover the smell. Well we were trying to finish up our "jazz cigarette" when I suddenly had this very intense "gut feeling" and for no discernible reason I felt like we were going to get caught smoking our "jazz cigarette" even though there was no one around and we weren't even the line of sight of any windows or immediate walk ways. I told my wife to put out our "jazz cigarette" quickly and to get out the clove. She heard nothing and thought I was being paranoid, but she trusts me in general so she did as I asked and we got the clove out. We then walked around the corner of wall and my aunt had come outside to walk her dog around. She looked at us suspiciously but when she saw the clove and nothing else she didn't act as though she suspected anything else. Had we not acted when I got that "gut feeling" though we would have been caught for sure and there was no sign of her approach at the time. Had a listened to my head instead my heart/gut at the time we would have been busted.

So I guess, I do believe in intuition but for me it doesn't usually make itself obvious except in very specific circumstances when I'm about to get into trouble usually. If I follow intuition more then this it is in such a subtle way that I don't notice it consciously.

new topics

top topics

join