It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Code freaks, what does this mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by roadgravel

just a quickie question...would i need to use different coding for say firefox or chrome browsers...do you know?

"Standards-compliant" browsers handle CSS in a uniform way. So Chrome shouldn't be a problem. IE is the worst culprit. Although MS says that as of IE9 they are standards-compliant, so it shouldn't be necessary to resort to hacks to make the CSS work properly....

ETA: Let me clarify. Chrome is OK. There are still a lot of people using non-compliant IE browsers (through version 8)--so you still have to use IE hacks for those. But not for IE9. Sorry I didn't express that better....
edit on 8/14/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Ive been exposed to quite a few programming languages over the last few years.

I can tell you right now, once you start to learn some of the easier syntax's you will get hooked.

Initially, when you look at code, it can appear very daunting and confusing. but once you get a decent grasp on one language, it becomes very easy to look at a new coding language and pick it up quickly.

A majority of coding is based on logic and boolean operations(think true/false tables), and logic doesn't change from language to language.

If you want to get into coding, Id recommend looking into either c++, java, or python.

basic python cheat sheet - good start for python.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

expressed it just fine...cheers for that.....the hack remark makes perfect sense now...thanks....always good to ask....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

that is only a comment

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Thanks Vondoomen. I will deffinitly look into that. Sweet!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When programers modify a code to effect work around rather than coming up with a clean set of code they call it a 'hack'. Its a note (comment) to point out an entry point to effect an immediate change without changing the body of the code. It kinda means a quick lazy coding solution.

Its used a lot with object orientated programming languages.

In layman's terms..its probably safe

edit on 15-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Comment tags are also used to let others reading the source code what specific function a section of code is supposed to do.

As comment tags are ignored by browsers, the are for humans only. Therefore, they are completely harmless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join