It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to US South: "Romney plan would put y'all back in chains"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
*yawn*

Biden said something stupid and imflamatory.

Wake me when he says something smart!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Who else is enjoying this train wreck?

Romney/Ryan look so calm, cool. and collected.

Obama/Biden and their team looks like the dog from Cujo.

It's freaking hilarious!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
BANKS ARE GOING TO PUT EVERYONE IN CHAINS

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Someone should ask when it was exactly they took them off. I never noticed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Actually I'd rather vote for Chuck Norris....Ted Nuggent as VP ......Geez...you guys act like you've never seen an unstable guy post here before....

Nuke em all....turn it all into a parking lot.....too bad Charlton Heston isn't around anymore....instead we're stuck with Charlie Sheen.

And yes, I was serious.....Ted Nuggent types are exactly what this country needs. I was joking about Chuck norris though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Holy out of context, Batman!

They really cut that up in the headline to make it exciting didn't they.
If you heard a sentence or two before that, he said exactly what chains he was talking about and they were not slave chains.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Bouncing threads. We had a thread on this that was closed and moved to another thread which was closed and moved here. I wondered how far the chain would lead.

For the record, the population of Daneville is about 55% black. That doesn't mean the audience was, but the kicker is Biden breaking into a fake Southern accent to deliver his "Y'all" remark. If you don't think that's race pandering then it can't possibly exist. I rather like Guiliani's remark that the real problem with Biden is that he's not very bright.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Biden is not the best fellow for the job but at least he's just VP. Lightning from Heaven has to die before he gets the slot. The 2 picks for president this term are between a Traitor (Obama) and a Criminal (Romney). People should vote for Ron Paul, but the american people are so snowed by both these jackwagons. Romney is going to let the banks write their own ticket in his first 100 days, and Obama is going to finish putting our Bill of Rights in it's tomb. Anyone that votes for either of these 2 is a traitor and a criminal.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why does Biden and Hillary feel the need to switch to some kind of old poor black southern accent every time they address a mostly black audience.

Even as a white guy I find this an insulting stereotype and what, they don't think speaking in their normal accent they can get their message across correctly?

It's like they are trying to say... "we might be rich white people, but we down with the poor uneducated blacks" .... give me a break....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Carefully dicing up a quote to lift it from context. I just knew this had to be a right wing lie, as usual. The Right are without decency, scruples or honesty (funny how so many of them claim to be Christians). This one is especially vile in that the Right has cut the quote in a cynical and stench-ridden attempt to rile up racial hatred among their dimwitted groupies.

All the more reason this ex-Republican (moderate, fiscal conservative, social liberal) will NEVER, EVER again check off the R box while the zealots and Rovian liars run the show.
edit on 14-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)
thank you very well said.so OP why didn't you post the whole speech Nazi's did this same stuff. the republican party has become just as vile as the Nazi's this is gross Lincoln is spinning in his grave shame on you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Somebody from the DNC needs to "chain" his mouth methinks.

The VP debate this election should be quite interesting.
edit on 15-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by elitegamer23

Actually I'd rather vote for Chuck Norris....Ted Nuggent as VP ......Geez...you guys act like you've never seen an unstable guy post here before....

Nuke em all....turn it all into a parking lot.....too bad Charlton Heston isn't around anymore....instead we're stuck with Charlie Sheen.

And yes, I was serious.....Ted Nuggent types are exactly what this country needs. I was joking about Chuck norris though.
wrong.. so much to say.. i just, but, the ahhhh......# it... have you ever looked into a vasectomy?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Context, which is sorely missing in the GOP talking points;

"Every Republican's voted for it. Look at what they value and look at their budget and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the -- he said in the first hundred days he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, 'unchain Wall Street.' They're going to put y'all back in chains."

Romney said he would "unchain Wall Street". Biden flipped that back around, and said the plan would "put y'all back in chains."

I agree with that sentiment, even if it wasn't a well-delivered speech. Who's scarier - Romney wanting to unchain Wall Street (which worked out so well for the last administration) or Biden for claiming unchaining Wall Street would "put y'alll back in chains". (not that those chains have ever come off...)

But the reaction to the "y'all" is overblown, when you look at Romney doing the same thing;
"Morning, y'all." Romney seeks acceptance in South

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spacejosh

Yes too bad Charlton Heston isnt still around (sans Alzheimers). If actor Ronald Reagan could make a good president then Charlton Heston could have made a great president.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spacejosh

Sorry to disappoint, I have already populated the earth with my off spring..MUAH HA HA HA HA

SO...does this mean you'll be voting democrat?

Remember, Tylenol for headaches, and Midol for cramps.......

In all honesty elections in this country are a joke....and if you actually think for a second that one is better than the other and that they will bring us to where we need to be...then so are you.

We need to start over....period. Either one of these clowns is gonna continue business as usual, and by the time you realize that...you'll be shopping for a new card board box to live in.

And whats wrong with the Nuge? Seems down to earth to me...LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

And whats wrong with the Nuge? Seems down to earth to me...LOL

Do you know what the topic of this thread is?
You sure as hell cannot build a case that Obama and Joe are the hateful ones when a man who talks about killing Obama is the one you think is down to earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

So your saying that Obama and Biden have never said anything equally offensive ever in public?

I guess you cant really say that can you?

And honestly, anyone is better than obama or romney or biden.........seriously.....your statement doesnt hold water. Your talking to someone who could care less about the status quo that the current running mates represent.

Like I said....if you think either one of those a**clowns are any better than the other......your a joke...and asleep.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Putting people back in chains? The first thing Obonzo did when he moved to Washington D.C. is get rid of the "poor" black kids who were attending his fancy Sidney blahblah blah private school on the voucher systems so that his precious daughters who won't be "incumbered" by unwanted pregnancies won't have to be in class with them.

Chains of slavery - no dam good educations.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

So your saying that Obama and Biden have never said anything equally offensive ever in public?

As Ted Nugent? No, they have not.

I guess you cant really say that can you?

And honestly, anyone is better than obama or romney or biden.........seriously.....your statement doesnt hold water. Your talking to someone who could care less about the status quo that the current running mates represent.

Like I said....if you think either one of those a**clowns are any better than the other......your a joke...and asleep.

So you are just rambling then.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Putting people back in chains? The first thing Obonzo did when he moved to Washington D.C. is get rid of the "poor" black kids who were attending his fancy Sidney blahblah blah private school on the voucher systems so that his precious daughters who won't be "incumbered" by unwanted pregnancies won't have to be in class with them.

Chains of slavery - no dam good educations.

When did he say anything about chains of slavery?
I missed that part.
Can you quote it for me?
As far as Obama and his daughters at school, that seems off topic as all hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join