It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coven's Question of the Day - August 14, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My apologies for the wait; I have just returned

For a discussion of relevance: my heart has yearned

Soon to return; to the daily grind

I must take this opportunity; to infect my mind

A bringing together; of the ATS elite

Always a thread of knowledge; ignorance we will defeat

I poke and prod; and lead your minds astray

From your own daily grind; back to Coven's question of the day!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coven's Question of the Day - August 14, 2012

What do you think decides where we are born?

I have often wondered why I was born in the US. All of our lives US citizens are indoctrinated to the belief that we have it better than everyone else and that we should be grateful for the honor of having been born here. But what decides where we are born? Is it God using the hand of fate to dictate events throughout time? Is it just a random occurrence that has no meaning at all? Do you get to pick to where and in which form you are reincarnated? Dont get me wrong I love my country. But had I been born somewhere else I imagine that I would love that country the same.

Are people that are born into war torn regions being punished? Perhaps they are being given a chance to change the world, or at least the region they are born into.

Or perhaps the question is null in void. Maybe all consciousness is is a spark that ignites in birth and is extinguished in death. So ATS what do you think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“But you know as well as I, patriotism is a word; and one that generally comes to mean either my country, right or wrong, which is infamous, or my country is always right, which is imbecile.” ― Patrick O'Brian

“I don't care a damn about men who are loyal to the people who pay them, to organizations...I don't think even my country means all that much. There are many countries in our blood, aren't there, but only one person. Would the world be in the mess it is if we were loyal to love and not to countries?” ― Graham Greene

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I would say God decides where you are born according to the Karma you've accumulated...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So then if you were not necessarily a good person in life then you get reincarnated into a crap hole?

Guess that would lead you to live a decent life if you believed that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I suppose that might influence people to live a good life...

Though that isn't my reasoning... I try to live a good life because its the right thing to do. This world is a mess, and i try to do my part to help those in need

IF we are all connected (one) Anything we do to another is actually done to ourselves...

People wonder why God doesn't speak... but he is within every person alive... so every time you speak to another person, you are speaking to a part of God.

One man knew God personally... And that man said, what you do to the least of these you have done to me...

Make sense?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Time/Miracle=Change
The longer your spirit has been stuck to the third and fourth dimension the more you learn on what needs to happen so you can evolve or ascend to the fifth dimension. Also if your trying to change who you really are then you might be brought to certain place which can help you

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I like your threads and will always read them.

Back to the question - I don't think there is a way to know for sure, so I'll just make something up. I think that before we are born, we reside in a world with other spirits and we talk to our spirit guides in order to decide where we think we should go to learn what we need to in order to progress, and / or where we should go in order to help others progress if we are at that point.

Of course, where we are born is not the only factor, but who our parents are, and possibly what happens to us during our lifetimes. Also, the time period we are born into could be chosen.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

That is really close to my belief on the subject. I dont necessarily think it is a fifth dimension, but I do think that if we learn in this realm where we are and why we are here. I believe that then you or your spirit/soul is allowed to transcend into the next realm.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Fifth dimension meaning spirit and body as one

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well I am glad you enjoy the threads and welcome you back.

For an off the cuff answer that is very intriguing. It correlates with some of the Native American beliefs I have learned since meeting my wife. She is Navajo. Perhaps these guides also influence us further into out lives, staying with us and helping us to walk the correct path. Maybe even dolling out grief when you stray from the path.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I see. I think that the body as we think of it is just a construction of this physical realm, to hold our spirit.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I wondered what covens questions were lol, I stumbled upon a few the other day, but failed to open them... I might just have to back track

Good question to ponder. I think its just circumstance, maybe mixed with fate, is that a contradiction?

I was and am, born and raised in Birmingham Uk, my large family moved from Belfast, Northern Ireland in the late 70's after the "troubles" arrived on their doorstep.

My grandfather made the decision after we lost family members over there..

To this day I'm still convinced my vocal chords were built for the Irish accent and not the humdrum Birmingham one lol.

But being here has provided me with the friends I couldn't imagine life without.

As for "who we are born to"..

I actually ended up with the short straw, on my mom and dads side. The Irish family are great decent people, even though I clash with some of their Irish ideals and indoctrination, The Roman Catholicism runs deep. My mom how ever fell into depression after the death of my uncle and grandmother, topped of a few years ago with the death of her "Da", shes never dragged her self out of that dark deep hole, and my life and suffered greatly due to that fact, even up till right now, as she kicked me out yesterday, for the 6th time in my life, for no apparent reason! lol.

Same on my dads side, most of his family are rich, and live in Australia, France and New York, he was a plaster and builder by trade, and never really strayed from the UK, he wasn't much to do with my life, until frequent letters from the age of 15. I saw him a handful of times up to last year when he committed suicide, also through depression, and i'm still left to foot the bill at the moment.

I turn 21 next month, I'm half way through a diploma in business management, and wish to start my degree in international studies in the next few months.

Depending on finances and living arrangements that is.

I feel I've done everything I can to further my self, and yet life just keeps on throwing these curve balls at me.

I figure I've just got to keep my head and keep moving forward. Hopefully I might catch a break.

I always tell me self "It could be worse".

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Welcome Sinny

Yes I have given consideration to changing the name of the thread. But I am not really in it for the flags and stars, and prefer to hold onto my artistic integrity. I have a feeling that if I keep it going it will grow in time.

No I don't think that is a contradiction. One leads to the other.

Just keep on a path that you feel is beneficial and you will make it through anything that life can give you. Trust me I know.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I never really thought about it honestly but now I am.

The one thing I have always wondered was why was I born with a twin. I think about that more than why I was born in the US. It's weird to have a twin to be honest. I never really have my own identity because I"m always "the twin" instead of my name. I will always have someone who looks and sounds like me. I have often wondered why I was born an identical twin instead of having a little or big sister.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Being born with a twin is something I had not considered....

Maybe you are indeed the same soul, just split. If that is the case you and your twin have the same "destiny" or goal to achieve in this life. You have an advantage since their are two of "you". If one achieves the goal perhaps the other is allowed to transcend through shared knowledge......

This is something I will give more thought to. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why were you born where you are……? Why were you born who you are, why were you born when you are, why were you born looking like you do?

Physically we were once all one, spiritually are we still all one? What will then happen when every experience has ever been experienced? What do we take from one life to another? Is there only one life? If time and space are illusions are we multiple awarenesses travelling forwards through time or would it make more sense if there was only one awareness travelling backwards, forwards and concurrently on a timeline which is merely another illusion.

Who life quality is better – the obese American kid who sits laying xbox all day or the smiling kid in the wartorn nation playing with sticks and rocks?

Every conceivable experience locked up in one universe yet still so many questions ….

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Hey Sinny, good to see you here on Coven's Question of the Day! Check out the one from today, it is a good topic, and see what you think of my answer.

Good luck out there!!

new topics

top topics

join