It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Women and the Princess syndrome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
My god I can't stand those "Princesses" one bit. Walking around like they own the streets with Louis Vuitton bag hanging from their wrist and holding their IPhone 4 on the same hand.
It's all a cover up for their insecurities, and did I mention a little too much cover up and overall make up. I want a down to earth girl, simple yet so mysterious that I can never get enough of her. I feel like I'm typing my profile on Match.com
I just haven't found the right one what can I say, maybe one day.

...lol....that was funny...thankfully, I raised my own daughter to, 'never rely on anyone but herself'. She is 22 now, and has had the same job, & sweet boyfriend since she was 16... Glad I had 3 boys after her though...I do have a niece with that princess attitude. The girl has perfected it, right down to that ear piercing nasally whine...Uuggh.....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Makes sense to me. BAsically you're saying that people with NPD are essentially psychotic individuals and not just toxic individuals to be around.

Totally makes sense. THe self absorption. The objectiveness of their actions. the me first attitude. The what have you done for me lately attitude, when "lately" means in the last half hour. I have a friend married to a lady like that. And every time she doesn't get her way for second she runs around screaming in front of guests that she is going to divorce him because he's not doing enough to make her happy. The guy bought a 5 bedroom house in a nice part of town. She's got her own car. She has no job. She expects him to pay for her hobbies. He takes her on european trips every few months (about 3-4 times a year) because she has family there. She complains that he doesn't take her anywhere. This year alone he's taken her to italy, france, germany, austria, netherlands, and switzerland. Still not enough. So is she pathological. I dunno you tell me. Me and the rest of his friends say yes. One time before he married her we tried an intervention and sat him down with all of his guy friends and we all told him we don't agree with the marriage going through and to make sure he has a prenup.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Essentially we live in and have created a civilization where people in general are disfunctional. There is no 'norm' anymore and both sexes are lost because our 'advanced disassociative technological' society has divided us from each other and even ourselves.

I'm not sure if ever there truly existed a 'norm' because I believe that is an oxymoron when referring to human beings but I do believe we have vastly deteriorated and become degenerate in ways that have isolated us from everything that 'should' matter but no longer does.

Even the compass of ethical and social morays are blurred leaving us internally and socially bankrupt.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by Egyptia because:
edit on 14-8-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

I agree with the above poster. Makes a lot of sense.TY for that info...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

You nailed it…I lived with one for many, many years & found your description about their behaviour is spot on.

In my personal experiences & humble opinion living with a person like this is that its spiritual problem in nature & not so much a genetic thing nor the brain wired the wrong way, it is about competing for energy btw people hence why the dramas so to have energy coming their way from the victims they hurt “energy vampires” it’s a power thing for them. They cant help it but hurt people around them to feel good or for some sort of validation for them by creating a scene & then make their victims fix later, a drama they created in the first place. It is a strategy to win over another’s energy via means of attention or domination.

For them the energy boost they get from their victims is like an addiction & they cant stop it, not only that, most don’t even know why they really doing it.

I base this info from my lifes experiences & I have seen the energy fields being transferred btw the energy vampires & the victims when they converse. Humans just cant help but to try & dominate those they can when they lack energy from attention or when its not going right with them. So sad.

In my humble opinion. It all stems from childhood up bringing, how they were raised & what they saw on how their parents or siblings were treating each family members like when they were growing up. So basically its their families dynamics which was so messed up as they grew up.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well, I try to avoid the big cities where people can become disillusioned with themselves. That's about all I am going to say, this topic is pretty complicated and can be a minefield.

I guess I will also say that I like down-to-earth people who are open-minded, are willing to work together with their friends and significant others to solve issues, and who don't think that money is the bottom line.
edit on 14-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We live in a magic bullet society; people want instant results and quick fixes; instead of enjoying the journey and the fruits which it reaps, people want to reach the destination. They have no desire to experience the journey and actually cultivate long term habits; they think, "if I take this pill I can keep all of my unhealthy, self destructive habits and lose weight!" or, "if I buy this ab machine for 3 payments of $99.99, I'll get washboard abs in 6 weeks!" Of course, what happens is the ab machine collects dust in a closet somewhere and the pills don't work and have all of these awful side effects.

There's also an unhealthy sense of entitlement going on.

This guy discusses this issue very well in this vid:

If you're into self development you'll probably enjoy it; it's well worth the 2 hour investment.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Absolutely. I live with one. My mother. She is in her 70's. After returning to help her after her late divorce, I have rediscovered all those aspects of her nature that I had forgotten or downplayed when I was growing up. I realized she has not changed in all that time.

Narcissism is hell on earth if you are the pin cushion.

One could do well to look at some of the other videos to the right of this one on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's limited to gender! It's Generation Entitlement. It's almost if Histrionic personality disorder is meant to be the norm. Observe the cultural aspects of the "look at me'' shows, movies, music, Facebook...

However, they have another thing coming:
The MSM even covering concerning US economic factors now - Yahoo/NYTimes

A Mutual Fund Master, Too Worried to Rest

“It’s urgent that people wake up,” he says. Why? This is the worst time for investors that he has ever seen — and after more than 60 years in the business, that’s saying a lot.

See here
edit on 14-8-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A real princess just is one, acts like one and gives out more than she takes.

The rest are just pimped up girls wannabees with some serious issues. Most of this is created by what Amercia has created itself over the years.

I first noticed it in 1984 where I couldn't believe how shallow ordinary American girls were. That was in 1984 and it was because my country wasn't as commercialized I was sheltered from seeing it till then.

Now I look at reality TV shows and realize that ordinary Americans really are in a very very sad state emotionally. I love American passion and honesty.... but shallowness in their women is almost a disease that no one recognises.. or attempts to treat.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

A histrionic culture is spot on! Well said.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just nevermind.
edit on 14-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

So if you can't find someone, I'm wondering if YOU are focusing on looks? Most people don't naturally look like models - they ones who do spend a lot of time, energy and money to get that way. So if you only go for the 10s, they look that way because they value material things. (And yes I know there are some good looking people who were just born that way - but not many).

Looks are definitely important, because if im going to spend the rest of my life with someone and see them everyday, i might as well have someone nice to look at. However looks arent everything. Ive dated 10's who have been dumber than a box of rocks, like no one's home or something.

Im more into whatever comes my way, eyes lock, bump into each other, or mutual friends tell me acertain girl would be perfect for me. But alas you scratch the surface and find that there is still the princess there, waiting to erupt from the depths.

So how many overweight, older, minority women have you dated?

Overweight? None. Im not overweight and take care of myself so i look for the same. Older? Been there, done that. Sometimes older women are bigger princess drama queens then their younger counterparts. Add kids to the picture and the ever present baby-daddy still coming around(sometimes drunk and with threats) and you could easily see how that can be a no no. Minorities? Dated 1 for 7 years and almost got married. Open to that possibilty.

What else ya got?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Well, it's already been said about every other post, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in with you OP. I will grant you that teenage girls are annoying(and sometimes that persists at least well into their 20's... or beyond....) , but the entitlement problem that is bothering you so much is indeed becoming more pronounced, but it is

Not.

Just.

Girls.

I suspect you are not that old yourself. I also suspect that the animosity that was the impetus behind this absurd little diatribe has a great deal more to do with lack of success with women/girls, and almost nothing to do with an actual pertinent social observation. Your (probable, although certainly to be denied) dry spell, not withstanding, I think you are failing to see the pot and kettle in your own sense of entitlement, and I find the irony in this whole thread as irritating as any giggling, squealing, self absorbed herd of outrageously entitled princesses. Psychological projection is always kind of a bugger.

So you go ahead and get your mail order bride, and that way you can indulge your own ridiculously entitled yearnings, while placating yourself with some idea that you are helping her, or giving her a good home or whatever. The fact that the thought even crossed your mind enough for you to put it to text (jest or not) tells me all I need to know about where the trouble for you started.

Look to your own selfish, immature, self absorbed, entitled nature before you start trying to paint the other half of the population with a black brush.

There somebody said it.

Was waiting for this.

Instead of posting an argument you seek to emasculate him. Really well done, you're contributing to this culture. To be fair, you do have a point in there, but the "Dry Spell" jabs are really gross, this is so destructive.
edit on 14-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
A real princess just is one, acts like one and gives out more than she takes.

The rest are just pimped up girls wannabees with some serious issues. Most of this is created by what Amercia has created itself over the years.

I first noticed it in 1984 where I couldn't believe how shallow ordinary American girls were. That was in 1984 and it was because my country wasn't as commercialized I was sheltered from seeing it till then.

Now I look at reality TV shows and realize that ordinary Americans really are in a very very sad state emotionally. I love American passion and honesty.... but shallowness in their women is almost a disease that no one recognises.. or attempts to treat.

Just so you know, we're not all shallow. Some of us are very good, kindhearted people.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I do not suffer from this princess syndrome,I will let my avatar
speak for itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I just wanted to bring to attention that I have been noticing an increase of the egotistical "Princess Syndrome" in American Women.

But I also have cousins and a sister with some stupid brainwashed reality tv brainwashing induced Princess syndrome ...and im seeing more and more of it when im out in the world (weddings, get togethers, at work, etc)

I totally agree with you. You nailed it with this...a BIG part of the problem is the reality shows and I've noticed it's more the younger women that are like this though.Certainly not all,but it seems to be the majority of the younger ones. I see it with my female cousins as well. I'm sure the young ladies on here will be chirping in and telling me how wrong I am and how men are like that too. Sorry,but I don't know any guys who think they should be treated as a prince.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon

The best way to deal with these types is to ignore them.

Drives them crazy when you are not feeding them attention!

Doesn't really bother me though.

Most will grow out of it.

Yep or making it conscious to them, when their cover is blown wide open they are forced to change. If they go violent, run run

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Unreasonable expectations , yes I think you've hit the nail on the head. Hollywood and TV supposed role models are shaped ro receive attention, not all of it good or praiseworthy. I think sports role models in general like the Olympians are more grounded, imo.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The Feminist movement started it all. Also, with commercialization and reality t.v. and things like that, it just added to it to make it worse. IMHO.
edit on 14-8-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join