It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Women and the Princess syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

There's a new religion sweeping the planet like wild-fire - it's called Meism, and applies to both sexes. Although it seems to be more pronounced in the female gender.

The fundamentals of this new religion are greed, narcissism, self importance and histrionics !

Be very wary of falling prey to this most attractive yet sinister belief system. It will not only destroy your spirit, but every relationship you have ever had or will have in the future.

Peace Out

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

I suspect you are not that old yourself. I also suspect that the animosity that was the impetus behind this absurd little diatribe has a great deal more to do with lack of success with women/girls, and almost nothing to do with an actual pertinent social observation.

Touch a nerve did I? I know that when I read a post and find something in it that does not apply to myself, then I have no need to reply, especially in a manner that you have here. It seems that this post has stirred you up so much, that perhaps it is possible you may also be part of the Meism movement princess entitlements program.

For myself, i have plenty of access to various genres of women for i have friends that are musicians, cubicle workers, blue collars, welders, college scene, and many others across the board since i do not limit my freindships by bias, and still find Meism Princess syndrome in all of these circles. Just the other night,an opportunity for a 1 night stand presented itself, so trouble in the woman dept is not a factor. Eary 30s btw.

Look to your own selfish, immature, self absorbed, entitled nature before you start trying to paint the other half of the population with a black brush.

There somebody said it.

I think u may be in the princess club, judging by the reply. Good chance of it anyway. As for me, yea im a work in progress and do self inventory weekly to see if there is selfish absorbed entitlement in my nature and instead find that im grateful to have another day above ground, lots of friends, family, etc...... unfortunately I dont see much of the same genuineness in others, as i do the Meism princess nature that really is running rampant.

Dont get me wrong, there are cool genuine women out there, most of the good ones already taken. If thats you then dont worry about this thread as it does not apply.

If you are of the princess entitlement all about me bs, then im sure this thread will have you on the offensive

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In my opinion women have a lot of problems (not that men are not without faults). As I was growing up I saw girls so involved with themselves and select friends etc, that it was a total turn off to me. Some thought they were so beautiful that they deserved only the very best looking boys. I knew a lot of average looking girls who you could be with and enjoy the company of without all of the female ego stuff.

Now that I'm older I see a few basic types of women. There's the one who questions everything, every motive, and is suspicious of every intent. Can't stand that kind. Then there is the faker who pretends to be something they're not. Can't stand that kind either. The beauty queen. Stay away from me. And then there is the attractive, easy going, self assured woman. When I say attractive, I mean both inside and out.

Women need to get a grip, lighten up, get some smarts about men, and be normal. Anyway that's my take on this subject. If any ATS woman got a problem with that viewpoint, know that I'm not alone in it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
In my opinion women have a lot of problems (not that men are not without faults). As I was growing up I saw girls so involved with themselves and select friends etc, that it was a total turn off to me. Some thought they were so beautiful that they deserved only the very best looking boys. I knew a lot of average looking girls who you could be with and enjoy the company of without all of the female ego stuff.

Now that I'm older I see a few basic types of women. There's the one who questions everything, every motive, and is suspicious of every intent. Can't stand that kind. Then there is the faker who pretends to be something they're not. Can't stand that kind either. The beauty queen. Stay away from me. And then there is the attractive, easy going, self assured woman. When I say attractive, I mean both inside and out.

Women need to get a grip, lighten up, get some smarts about men, and be normal. Anyway that's my take on this subject. If any ATS woman got a problem with that viewpoint, know that I'm not alone in it.

Mysoginy rears its head, yet again.

So you state that every woman needs to get a grip. In other words, women don't understand reality.
Try telling that to the single mother of two who's working three jobs just to keep her children fed.

Women need to lighten up....meaning they are constantly doom and gloom? Or just not interested in tolerating the juvenile tactics of others? Hmmmmmm....

Women need to get some smarts about men? I agree with this. Too many women are willing to devote their lives to a man who has no interest in being a MAN.

As for women being normal, I'm not going to bother.

What you've stated is true for SOME women, but by no means all women. Likewise, the same can be said of men.

As a little exercise, reread the quoted text and replace the word "woman" with "Hispanic" or "black.". Changes things just a bit....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm pretty neutral about this topic in general so I don't want to get into a fight. In your opinion what are women looking for in a man that makes the guy a "Man." I've just heard that term thrown around a lot by women (not in regards to me) and I was just wondering if you could sum up women's thoughts on the manlyness of american men these days.

I have an opinion about the manlyness of american men. I'll share it if you want.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Damn well screw moving to Dallas then!!!

Every time one of my friends visits another country or even leaves LA all they talk about is how normal the people are and how its so much easier to simply converse with strangers. I totally know what he means. Hope more of the country doesn't go the way of LA, Dallas and Jersey Shore.

went to Tipton Kansas a while ago to visit my buddies farm. So we get there thinking the women were going to be a little better than the LA scene. Well they were friendly, easy to hang out with. he only problem. Tipton is a small place and these kids (both men and women) do nothing but drink and screw each other all day apparently. THis one girl, who to be fair was very friendly, acted like and had the reputation of that she could froth a Gonorrhea fondu of in her crotch and infect an entire third world nation if she chose to. Pretty gross I know but thats what we've been running into these days.
edit on 14-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: to share nasty Tipton story

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

...I know EXACCCCTLY what you're talking about. If anyone saw my "Should I Stay" thread, 'Chick' was that kind fo girl. Still is, actually.

We had this cookout yesterday...KFC, fried Spanish rice, bread, chips, all of it. It was going to be a good night, until this dude showed up drunk off his hindquarters and started dropping profanity everywhere. He was removed from the setting, but Chick acted like nothing had gone wrong, like everybody was stupid and everyone overreacted and blah blah blah. She didn't even walk the guy (whom she had accompanied there) back to wherever he was going.

I swear, it's the media, it's the food, it's everything. I don't care where it comes from, just don't put them Princesses in my path because I'm not afraid to say what's what. You want it, you work for it or show you deserve it!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

It's "manliness", for the record.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I percieve that there is a growing trend in the young at this time to be as described in the OP.
Perhaps it is just the media, and those reality shows, or ones about Sweet Sixteen parties that create this impression? I am no longer living in the US and I am of the X Generation which is almost the opposite (I've never felt entitled to anything and never had hope I'd get much of anything in life), but I have had four different young (teen) american girls come to stay with us at different times, and every one of them suffered this princess syndrome!

My kids and their friends were all excited about the american guests and wanting to hang out with them, but within the first hour, found them repulsive in their arrogance and self centered attitude - as did I, sadly enough (because some of them were my family!).

Of course any generalization doesn't apply to EVERYONE- it is refering to a trend, a large percentage of a specific population.

But why might this be? Why do american parents right now buy their toddlers clothing that says "Princess" on it? Why do they encourage their little girls to feel special or extraordinary, instead of normal? I guess we've always just gone over the top and to extremes in everything we do, and can't just stick to "normal" or "moderate" in anything!

I guess we overdid it in the "positive reinforcement" department???

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My 14yo niece who is in my care would rather starve than take sandwiches to school, as she explains it "That's embarressing, Only the poor kids take sandwiches to School".

I make just enough money to pay the bills, whatever is left over will not be spent on school canteen lunches.

It's not just her, my son (also 14yo) will duck down in our old 4WD if he see's his mates in the shopping centre carpark, he always complains that we don't have a modern ($30-$40 Thousand Dollar) Car.

I try to teach them the right way, but it seems that the Princesses and Douchbags on Reality Television has won them over.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

What you should do is when your son ducks down from seeing friends in the parking lot, roll the window down, stick your head out the window and yell out to them so you can embarrass your son. Little humility goes a long way, and my parents never skimped on the embarrassing moments.

As for your niece, I'd tell her to go get a job so she can afford to pay for her own lunches. However keep the offer to give packed lunches on the table. See how long she wants to starve herself of a lunch and hey if she gets a job then she can learn about fiscal responsibility. Win-win.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My god I can't stand those "Princesses" one bit. Walking around like they own the streets with Louis Vuitton bag hanging from their wrist and holding their IPhone 4 on the same hand.
It's all a cover up for their insecurities, and did I mention a little too much cover up and overall make up. I want a down to earth girl, simple yet so mysterious that I can never get enough of her. I feel like I'm typing my profile on Match.com
I just haven't found the right one what can I say, maybe one day.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Question for the OP:

First, I agree, there are way too many people acting like they are on reality tv - both men and women.

But in general there's more women than men who want a stable marriage/relationship. (Not just my opinion but this is based on many real studies).

So if you can't find someone, I'm wondering if YOU are focusing on looks? Most people don't naturally look like models - they ones who do spend a lot of time, energy and money to get that way. So if you only go for the 10s, they look that way because they value material things. (And yes I know there are some good looking people who were just born that way - but not many).

So how many overweight, older, minority women have you dated?
edit on August 14th 2012 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks Dude!!!! I was typing on the fly at work and didn't even bother to spellcheck. Good Looking Out!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Older women do have it together. There is no set age it can occur either. I dated a 20 yr old that had more maturity then women ten years older than her. Having a child sometimes helps with that....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It's part of the mind control towards the materialistic society. Like George Carlin said, it's called the american dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Ah but the definition of a stable marriage/relationship has changed with this new generation of kids. A lot of women today view a stable relationship only on how much money you make and can supply them. I get the whole need to make sure the guy has enough resources to raise a family being basic biology. But what about the fact that a lot of the guys these women end up with are complete douchbags who only have money. So its OK for the marriage/relationship to be dismal in regards to emotional connection, respect, and general communication. But the moneys there so here cares right>

Just asking cause I see that in LA all the time these days.

Hey guys next time you are at a bar and start talking to a new girl time how long it takes for her to ask qualifying questions like. What do you do for a living? Where do you live? (If its an apartment the next question will be 'do you have a roommate?') What kind of car do you drive? etc... these days its probably asked within the first two minutes of conversation. It's pretty untactful an insulting to the guy who is aware of the stunt the girl is trying to pull...ie trying to measure whats in your pockets.

I know some girls will respond with "no, no thats just the girl trying to get to know you, maybe judge your maturity or something" but in reality in most places in LA and probably other major cities its a gold digging question.

edit on 14-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

No it is not just women, however the ratio is somewhere around 9:1.

I am a manager at a retail operation which sells plants/flowers and the ratio of 'princess' complaints is virtually no different then when I worked for a major upscale fashion giant.

Your claims that it is mostly younger women is totally bunk as old women are the absolute worst. If they can't get their way they throw absolute fits, sling personal insults left and right and be overall Bit@#es.

I have to agree with the OP in large as most women my age (mid 20's) all EXPECT a trust fund baby smooth talking man-pet that does everything they ask and more.

Oh and absolutely never ever EVER should there be any repercussions to their actions or words, this is what drives me totally crazy.

The underlying issue I see is that there is truly no substance to these people, they do not see beyond their own wants and the appearances of others.

That and by in large women don't seem to understand the concept of respect outside of men doing things for them. LoL and by that standard idk when the last time was that I saw a women spend half her paycheck on a man or help them do anything aside from sexual gratification.

PS

Men if it makes you feel any better women treat each other far worse than they do men, at least until they have you by the short and curlys.
edit on 14-8-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A week ago I was woken up in the middle of the night around 2:15 AM to hear some princess screaming at he top of her lungs. She was mad at her boyfriend for calling her a bitch while at the bar. From what I can tell she was a bitch. She screamed at him at the top of her lungs. Neighbors lights were turning on. People were out looking at the spectacle. She was punching him. the works. She was dressed in all designer clothes, and he was just standing there taking it. He was actually being very polite. Eventually he got tired of being punched by her and tried to walk away and get in his car.

He says he's had enough and drives off without her. She runs down the center of the street screaming "You can't leave me here!!!!!" uh yeah he can. In fact he did. Remember the whole part where you were punching him? Anyways she goes on some fit calling him and apologizing for acting like a bitch and he eventually comes pack and picks her up. But the racket she was making over something as trivial as being called a bitch at a bar by some dude was unacceptable. Everyones got opinions. Grow up and take it like an adult not some spoiled princess. People seriously thought she was getting attacked or something until they went outside and saw her throwing a tempertantrum in the middle of the street on some surprisingly calm guy.

From what we could tell from the fit she was throwing was that she didn't get her way at a bar, he murmered that she was acing like a bitch and the rest is history.
edit on 14-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I authored a book on this topic/disorder. I have experience with these types of people, as this disorder also runs in my own family. I hope the following information is helpful.

It's called 'Narcissism' or NPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder and it's actually very serious -- not for the person who has the disorder, but for those involved in any way with the person. Unfortunately, it's an untreatable, incurable emotional disorder. But, many people don't believe that until after they've spent a fortune on therapy only to find out the person with NPD was playing them. They get their kicks out of playing head games.

They lack the ability to empathize -- to put themselves in the place of others. That inability never improves or changes. They get high off of being the center of attention and when they aren't the center of attention they are down. They are shallow, very superficial. They also get high off of drama, even if they claim to hate drama. They also specialize in destroying relationships, tearing apart families and fracturing emotional bonds -- and with absolutely no remorse. Sometimes, others don't even realize that these Princesses were actually the source or cause of a break-up or an estrangement b/c they usually cover their tracks.

They lack the ability to accept responsibility for their actions.They will destroy you if you have a relationship with them. They are, essentially, an out-of-control or an unruly adolescent in the body of an adult ... even in their 30's, 40's, 50's and beyond. They also have limited coping abilities.

A specific part of the brain never matured beyond late adolescence.

Some experts believe 'the emotional center' of the brain is underdeveloped and that this particular center or region of the brain did not properly develop along with other brain regions that did develop (children are narcissistic) ... AND then other experts believe the circuitry of 'the emotional center' of the brain is faulty or improperly wired ... AND others believe it's genetic plus an environmental component triggered the disorder.

Anyone who co-parents with an individual who has this mental disorder is doomed to a lifetime of sheer misery. They use innocent children as objects or pawns to make others 'dance to their tune'. They have children with those who are not narcissistic as a means of keeping them tied and connected to them for life. NPD goes way beyond entitlement issues and self-absorption ... way beyond. These people are real bad news. Never confront them or tell them you suspect they have this disorder.

If a teenager with narcissistic tendencies does not outgrow narcissism by their early 20's (mid 20's at the very latest) when the brain's emotional/social development center achieves maturity, then chances are that it's not a phase. It means they have the actual disorder. Reality TV exploits them and gets paid to do so. But, then, they live in fantasy, not reality, as they're so full of themselves they're actually unaware they are being exploited.

It gets progressively worse with age and there is no known cure. My advice -- stay away from these people. They will slowly take you down in every way -- emotionally, financially and ultimately physically, meaning they slowly destroy your health. Sadly, many people take this disorder way too lightly.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Jana12 because: spelling error

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join