It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Women and the Princess syndrome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I see that rapid increase in the population of the US and it also involves men. It's doubled in the last few years. I refer to it as wanting things we really don't need. The fact that the numbers are increasing so fast shows a collapse of the system in the near future. These people's desires are what got the country into such a big financial mess, they are tied to government spending because of influential connections.

These influential people get funding for Building new roads to make things more unique or prettier and people back them because it creates jobs. Spending everyone's money by creating trends and laws to force or coerce their ways on others. Influential people like this get laws altered to cover up their deeds or allow their desires. This is going rampant all over the USA. It's like a disease. And people are backing this waste because it creates service oriented work. Get these people out of Washington and get sensible people elected before this whole thing comes crashing down on us. The impending disaster from this nightmare can escalate to a bigger event than nature can hit us with in the near future.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
One word.

Disney.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

This is the true problem with society. Everyone is quick to blame someone else for their or other people's problems instead of working to fix them. Look at politics, politicians from both sides of the spectrum spend all their time blaming the other side for the country's problems, but when it's their turn to fix something they say its hopeless and blame it on the last guy or kick it down the road so someone else can deal with it. There is no accountability in society and God help you if you are the low man on the totem pole and your organization screws up, because you can bet that that guy at the top isn't going to sacrifice his position to own up to his fault. You're getting all the blame and most of the punishment. I cite the U.S. Military waterboarding scandal a few years back as an example. Everyone who was enlisted got in major trouble, but the officer(s) in charge got minimal punishment even though they sanctioned it and knew about it happening. This is the exact opposite of what is supposed to happen when you are leading other people. As someone in charge, you are supposed to take the most punishment or at least the same punishment as those below you.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Aww I want the Sloth. They only poop like once a month.. my kinda pet.

Speaking of not getting what you "pay" for with a mail order... my uncle got him a mail order bride. That is the meanest 3 foot tall woman I have EVER met. No wonder they had to mail her off. Then again, she can cook and do things for herself, so he may have gotten exactly what he was looking for.

Had to edit to tell the name of the organization as it just popped into my head.. its Cherry Blossoms. I have no idea if its still in business or whatever.. but men: beware if you get a little lovely chic from anywhere around Indonesia.
She DOES work and DOES send money to her family with her own earnings.. but mean as the day is long. Its nothing to get hit with a shoe. Wields it like a deadly weapon.. and those flip flops HURT.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Advantage because: Remembered name of business.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am SO glad I am not noticing this, but then again I make a conscious attempt to distance myself from groups of Jersey Shore like folks if I see them in public, as in bars, restaurants etc.

I do this, not because I'm better (everyone has a right to live how they wish to), but because it irritates me to see the more gullible in our society succumbing to this brain washing, so I remove my cause of irritation.

I can honestly say that outside of TV I haven't seen any of my female friends acting this way, but I guess I should consider myself lucky.

I do have one buddy though who can't be seen in public in anything but Affliction t-shirts 2 sizes too small, and a cap to match. Acts like what I would imagine Jersey Shore dbags to act like. We just give him # for it, good guy otherwise.

Can't blame them though... the less intelligent female population is given Jersey Shore and Housewives of... type of shows and the slower men are entertained with the many channels of gladiators/UFC fighting. Same purpose, different shows, same end result.

Khar

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

I get it, I get it.

To be fair, what is the male equivalent?

A bunch of man children playing xbox in their underwear eating cheetos that don't want to go to work?

Damn I love cheetos.............

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You have a whole lot of nerve posting this.

You really do.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I hope to god someone has brought to the attention of the OP that it's not just women. There is a huge amount of tools out there!

It has everything to do w/ we are the people and what is being fed to our kids and us on a daily where tv, movies,web,advertising, is.

People want want want on every every level. Whether its success or material things or attention. We've become a bully"ing, greedy, shallow, self-serving race !!!!!

Churchill:

The demise of the American people will be.........drumroll......

Herself!!!!!!!!!

edit on 14-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: Sp chk corr

link   
Eh, this goes both ways. There are a lot of men out there suffering from the prince sydrome. They think all women should take care of them and cater to their every whim. They are overly obcessed with women that have huge breasts. They all think they are alpha males and deserve deferential treatment from everyone they meet. They get everything handed to them and dont really work hard for anything.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
I know what you're saying here OP
I believe it is a lot of the younger girls these days acting in such a way. I'm only 24 and that kind of mentality was not as common when i was in highschool as it is today. With all these reality TV shows the kids are watching these days, its breeding those kinds of behaviours into them.

Humans are easy to manipulate and control. I cannot stand shows like Big Brother or Jersey shore because they are simply too idiotic for me to comprehend. There is no value in them at all. But that kind of attitude is becoming more obvious in schools (around here). Not all girls are like that, i like my girls nerdy
. I like stimulating conversation not idiotic conversation.

Those reality TV shows just breed hate, and to continue the same clique mentality that was oh so obvious in highschool. Big brother is just retarded, its mostly about how to gain trust with people and completely undermine that possible friendship through lying and cheating. And its not just that show either, its all of them. Jersey shore is about getting drunk and #ing other peoples boyfriends and stupid crap like that.

And that is why i have next to no friends. True friends are hard to come by these days because so many people have no considerations for anyone but themselves and will even resort to hurting their 'friends' to get themselves a leg up..

As an example. A guys best friend sleeps with his girlfriend. Are you #ing serious? How can someone sink so low as to sleep with their 'best friends' girlfriend/wife?

When the world ends, it will be these douchebags that will die, not the nice people of the world who care for one another and have compassion for their fellow human beings. Clearly the weak-minded are not capable of survival if great change is on the horizon. Im glad i dont watch TV. Im not judging all women, my girlfriend is not like that (thank the universe for that). And neither are any of the friends i have that are female. Or male for that matter. guys are just as bad for it too. They have garbage personalities to match the garbage TV they watch.

Just as a game. See how many people 'like' Jersey shore and big brother on facebook.. And try to figure out how 20+ million people like those two shows.

Lets not even get started on those dumb shows like "My sweet 16" and "teen mom" and all that crap.
Did you know there are 14 and 15 year olds kids who are spurting out kids and have no sense of maturity whatsoever?
How will those kids turn out?
Stupidity gets worse as the generations go on.
edit on 14/8/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

link   

I just wanted to bring to attention that I have been noticing an increase of the egotistical "Princess Syndrome" in American Women.

Op here, replying to and quoting myself in reference to those who say I am stereotyping. I was not stereotyping. My point is that I am seeing more of this. I do live near one of the 3 largest cities in the U.S. and have been on dates and found out they are Princess syndrome drama queens.

Not all are. I understand that. I have female cousins who have been humbled after having kids and all the bills they have to pay and living check to check.

But I also have cousins and a sister with some stupid brainwashed reality tv brainwashing induced Princess syndrome ...and im seeing more and more of it when im out in the world (weddings, get togethers, at work, etc)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

"My sweet 16" dissected by Charlie Brooker.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Haha not only us women, trust me

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Somebody please pity me I live in Los angeles the capital for tools and princesses. I think we may have Jersey Shore tied. If you ever want to vomit try out the dating scene in any bar where the demographics are between 18-30. Don't go in there to actually find a date. I'd suggest someplace where you can meet someone wit similar hobbies etc. Just buy a beer and people watch. you'll see more than you ever wanted and t will ruin your faith on humanity.

I've always said that if a psych student ever wanted to get their senior thesis prepared in one night on pathology simply go to any bar in hollywood or LA and talk to people. I think LA has the largest ratio of pathological narcassistic types than anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am no princess!

I'm the Queen...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I live in Dallas which seems to be Princess capital of the country. Every weekend grocery trip I see women pushing shopping carts with big hair, tons of make-up and high heels. Most of them are gabbing on their cell phones while their kids are tearing down the aisles. I can't figure it out. Is it a confidence thing?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Somebody please pity me I live in Los angeles the capital for tools and princesses. I think we may have Jersey Shore tied. If you ever want to vomit try out the dating scene in any bar where the demographics are between 18-30. Don't go in there to actually find a date. I'd suggest someplace where you can meet someone wit similar hobbies etc. Just buy a beer and people watch. you'll see more than you ever wanted and t will ruin your faith on humanity.

I've always said that if a psych student ever wanted to get their senior thesis prepared in one night on pathology simply go to any bar in hollywood or LA and talk to people. I think LA has the largest ratio of pathological narcassistic types than anywhere else.

Oh my god, I totally forgot about L.A. and I lived there for a while. You are completely right about the bar scene, although Dallas is almost exactly like it!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I live in Dallas which seems to be Princess capital of the country. Every weekend grocery trip I see women pushing shopping carts with big hair, tons of make-up and high heels. Most of them are gabbing on their cell phones while their kids are tearing down the aisles. I can't figure it out. Is it a confidence thing?

Yep

Now I love my heels dont get me wrong, but Ill be damned if I EVER go grocery shopping in them.
Then there is the flip side of the multitude of women I see around here makin the groceries with PJs and slippers on.
I strive to fall somewhere in the middle.. elegant but not prissy. Not royalty yet not homeless looking.

In all honestly, my husband likes it that Im princessy, but can do things for myself as well. He treats me like a princess and I treat him like a prince. Cant go wrong there and we've been happily married for ever. Longer than some posters here have been alive.
I will say that when my middle daughter ( who has an ego the size of texas already) tries this princess thing.. she is shut down. Some just have the personality naturally, but Im doing my best to curb it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Its mostly women, lol, how often you seen a girl slaving for a guy?

i'm mainly talking about maintenance of a guy, both physical and mental.

Its always the guys who are obliged to keep girls happy.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well, it's already been said about every other post, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in with you OP. I will grant you that teenage girls are annoying(and sometimes that persists at least well into their 20's... or beyond....) , but the entitlement problem that is bothering you so much is indeed becoming more pronounced, but it is

Not.

Just.

Girls.

I suspect you are not that old yourself. I also suspect that the animosity that was the impetus behind this absurd little diatribe has a great deal more to do with lack of success with women/girls, and almost nothing to do with an actual pertinent social observation. Your (probable, although certainly to be denied) dry spell, not withstanding, I think you are failing to see the pot and kettle in your own sense of entitlement, and I find the irony in this whole thread as irritating as any giggling, squealing, self absorbed herd of outrageously entitled princesses. Psychological projection is always kind of a bugger.

So you go ahead and get your mail order bride, and that way you can indulge your own ridiculously entitled yearnings, while placating yourself with some idea that you are helping her, or giving her a good home or whatever. The fact that the thought even crossed your mind enough for you to put it to text (jest or not) tells me all I need to know about where the trouble for you started.

Look to your own selfish, immature, self absorbed, entitled nature before you start trying to paint the other half of the population with a black brush.

There somebody said it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join