It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Women and the Princess syndrome

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

If there is a solution it rests with the Sisterhood... and that means there will be no solution coming from the women responsible, ever. But I do think that many years down the road, after the coming hard times, that future women will (must) embrace traditional values again and focus on their strengths.

4 generations of American male children have been destroyed... and the women have done it... so what's your solution? Do you realize that if this country is ever to be rebuilt it's men that will do it, not women and not little boys that act and sound just like their mothers?
edit on 15-8-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

Yeah women are the sole reason 4 generations of male children have been "destroyed" /sarcasm

How will men have to rebuild the country? Because in fairness, if we wanna make sweeping generalizations about gender, the 21st century male population cant build a bloody tree house and that's nothing to do with mothering or lack of it.

edit on 15-8-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Oh yeah, I do. And your point? It sets people up for failure having them think that life is supposed to be all sunshine and farts. The world is a cruel place and that person you think is your princess or your prince charming is actually the villain of the story. What Disney portrays is not reality but a brainwashed existence.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

What does a single second-hand story have to do with anything and why should anybody care except to note that you've based a life decision on it. Wow your cousin spent 2 whole weeks in Europe... can you be any more shallow?

it has to do with your own quote,

The reason 50% (I think the real figure is much higher) of the women in America stay single is because no decent man would have them. Anyone who has traveled the world knows that American women are the bottom of the barrel. That's the reason European and Asian women are increasingly popular.

WHat I posted has everything to do with what you wrote. Not even European men want American women according to not only my cousins 2 week trip, but also many men who immigrate here feel the same.

The reason European woman are more desirable is because they are considerably better educated than American trash and certainly more cultured that America women who have none at all, and for the most part, take considerably more attention with their appearance as well. In addition, they do a much better chance of raising their kids. It was just the opposite 40 years ago. American women have nothing to be proud of.

I don't think it's all American women. There are diamonds in the rough. I've met 2 real awesome down to earth organic and genuine women recently, however they're married and taken. They're out there, you just have to dig deep.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I once dated a beautiful lady who was like a princess. Then we got married and she became Cthulu. LOL...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I remain open to everything. Should I hide myself and pretend like hunger, wars, hatred, and princess syndrome doesn't exist? Do these things not distress you? Are you sheltered from seeing the world as it is?

No they don't really. It's outside of my control. I worry about things I can actively do something about. They are all bad things to be sure, but I can't make people act right and worrying about these things won't make them go away.

I know 3 guys tat did this and are madly in Love with their wives and happy. Believe me when the beers start flowing while we work on a motorcycle in the garage, thats when the truth comes out. So far only 1 of the 4 people that I know who married from over seas had bad experiences.

And I've know plenty who end up getting ditched after wifey gets the green card. Selfishness is not something only American's suffer from.

On the other hand, the average U.S. divorce rate is hovering close to 60% ...... thats saying something.

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=Russia

U.S. actually does not have the highest divorce rate. There are many other countries with higher rates of divorce yet you want to marry a woman from one of those? As for your later accusation of those who called you out having princess syndrome well, that's just an ad hoc attack because you don't like what I am saying. I've never been in the position to be a spoiled brat and I'm ugly to boot. No one would support me in that. I'm not bitter, just saying, I've been married 7 years so I'm doing ok.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Reminds me of the old addage -

Remember before you start romancing her, that regardless of how intelligent she seems, how beautiful she is or how fantastic she may sound at the time - some guy somewhere is out with his friends having a great time because he was sick of her %$#@#$.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Your comment "Hell, if there was only guys like you about - I'd pick the lightening".......

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear
Women are responsible for raising the kids in every society...

I must have been absent the day they outlined gender roles in schools. Whoops!

and they've produced little girls like you.

Hey, im a healthy 5ft 4 and you know very little about me. Lets be clear though, you're not getting to know my better side and that is because you have proven yourself to be undeserving of it.

Nothing to be proud of there...

Well im proud of who i am anyway whether you like it or not lol

but interesting to watch your future unfold. The writing is on the wall there.

Let me guess, you've come to some magical conclusion that no one wants me because im not begging some guy to marry me so that i can pop out some kids and play the role of a good little mother and wife?
That's a stretch of reasoning but not uncommon for your type of person.

Incidentally little girl... sole is spelled sole, not soul.

Which is why i saw the mistake and edited it. Its night-time in the UK and im tired so sue me if i make a spelling misteak here and thure.

Get an education and stop boring your betters with your noises.

Did you not get the memo? Science has proven that there is no way a girl/woman could be smarter than a boy/man, This is SOLELY to do with men possessing a set of testicles and a penis!
So basicly, education is wasted on the female gender. What we need to do is marry them off earlier, knock em up before 18, chain them to the kitchen and only let them leave the house on special occasions i.e to give birth at the hospital or to get married. Also, if we keep them barefooted they'll be less chance of them escaping

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Your comment "Hell, if there was only guys like you about - I'd pick the lightening".......

Hahaha, threads like this need the humour it seems!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think a lot of it stems from these crap TV shows that show the housewives from wherever that are some of the most horrible people in this country. I can't stand those shows.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I've actually considered a mail order bride from a country where they come from nothing, which means there is still a possibility they may appreciate what they have here and stay humble. Even that though, can end up with the girl becoming completely polluted by our Princess culture.

Here is a bit of wisdom, forget marriage.

Live with someone, commit to them, but don't get married. Marriage is a legal union made by two, but dissolved by one, if you remember this bit of advise you'll fair well.

There are plenty of good women out there, but I hear you loud and clear the narcissism is completely out of control these days.

Peace,

RT

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hello everyone. It seems we're in a rather heated gender argument.

Let's please remember our focus. Opinions are fine but personal attacks are not. Let's please keep it civil and respectful.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

No they don't really. It's outside of my control. I worry about things I can actively do something about. They are all bad things to be sure, but I can't make people act right and worrying about these things won't make them go away.

So if you worry about things you can actively do something about .......thats exactly what I'm doing with this post, but bringing it up to the publix attention so that men won't fall for this and make the wrong choice in marriage. Its simply a warning signal, to watch out. If your not one of these and your married for 7 years already and so far so good, then this doesnt apply to you and your good to go.

And I've know plenty who end up getting ditched after wifey gets the green card. Selfishness is not something only American's suffer from.

Im sure there are plenty of situations like this. Just saying though

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

about things you can actively do something about .......thats exactly what I'm doing with this post, but bringing it up to the publix attention so that men won't fall for this and make the wrong choice in marriage. Its simply a warning signal, to watch out.

Most people don't think about who they marry so you are really wasting your time. To act like men are the innocent victims here is silly. There are plenty of men just as bad as the women in this regard. Most people get what they deserve. This is why so many women took offense to what you said. You pin it all on women when it's not really a women only problem. Stereotypes are generally offensive to the people being stereotyped.

And trust me, this is not simply some American problem. I've seen plenty of women (and men) from outside the U.S. who act like they are god's gift to earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by nightbringr

Oh yeah, I do. And your point? It sets people up for failure having them think that life is supposed to be all sunshine and farts. The world is a cruel place and that person you think is your princess or your prince charming is actually the villain of the story. What Disney portrays is not reality but a brainwashed existence.

You sound very bitter and jaded. Sorry life has been so hard for you!

If you look at movies like "The Princess and the Frog", it actually teaches something i believe in very much. And that is that life is what we make of it. If you want to be happy and successful, work your ass off for it, and it will be yours.

You can teach your children what you want, but i prefer to use an optimistic approach. I dont teach them (nor does Disney as far as i can tell), that everything falls into their laps and the world is a perfect place.
edit on 15-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The reason women act this way is because men let them. Men let women walk all over them, men get so lonely that they'll do anything. As long as men keep being overly "nice" for no reason whatsoever then women will continue to act this way. A woman can do whatever she wants to a man then leave him without asking any questions because the men don't have enough confidence to put their foot down.

Just my two cents.

link   
You can find many different kind of girls, and if they're stupid enough to be conditioned into thinking they are princesses they are stupid enough to be conditioned into whatever you like in a women with enough time and effort. It's insidious, but if you like the chick, then why not use their weaknesses to mold them into what you like? haha

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
The majority of the women that suffer from this are suburban girls. If you want a down to earth dime, try dating women that are from the city.

City girls can be just as superficial. Living in their lil downtown spots, plz, sex and the city.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yup, it's called brainwashing and it comes from television. I don't watch tv anymore because it's pretty stupid nothing but advertisements and propaganda. If I want to watch a certain show or movie...I'll download it or buy it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join