It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My eyes has been red for like 3 weeks now and I'm hella scared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Dam I hate going to a doctor. Especially when it has something to do with my eyes. Why me!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Aren't you a big boy/girl?

Why would you ask a bunch of strangers on the internet about your medical problems?

GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
K thanks guys..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I had this as well.. recurring every few weeks. I had a sinus infection and the buggaboos were ascending my tear ducts and infecting my eyes. You may need more than eyedrops

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
reply to post by miniatus

How did you fix your condition, did it go away?

I used visine for a while but over time it actually stopped helping.. it treated the symptoms but as with most things, your body gets used to it..

Keeping properly hydrated, getting more sleep ( I only got like 5-6 hours a night average before ), taking breaks from a computer ( hard as a programmer ) as well as other simple things like not having fans blowing directly at me, keeping my room free of dust.. and if I'm going to use drops then I use drops without preservatives just to keep my eyes hydrated.. that solved 99% of the problem .. I mentioned NeoFX by Sante and Optrex.. those are my goto drops if I've been out .. I didn't sleep well .. or whatever.. they clear my eyes in minutes and the issue is usually gone.. but those are not to be used every day =) drops treat the symptoms not the cause..

I also take flax seed oil every day.. that has been said to really help with eye health ( omega 3 )
edit on 8/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

This is the health section , I'd figure some of ya are pro lol...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I had this as well.. recurring every few weeks. I had a sinus infection and the buggaboos were ascending my tear ducts and infecting my eyes. You may need more than eyedrops

Very good point... Neti Pots are EXCELLENT for that... funky first time you use them, but I actually use a neti pot every few weeks just to keep my sinuses clear ..

For those that don't know .. I can just say google it ... I don't care to explain it
what I can say is they really really help if you're a sinus allergy sufferer .. and if the red /dry eyes are sinus related.. this could potentially really do a lot

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I rarely exercise and usually on computer or on phone...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

I'm going to guess you are kind of young. Go try a five dollar bottle of visine, (gets the red out). Have someone help you put the drops in. I get horrible allergies that make my eyes look bloodshot. They itch and burn like crazy, visine works.

If visine doesn't help, suck it up and go to the dr. If you can't afford one, go to the health department or walk in clinic. (you can get into the minute clinic for under $100.)

Please take care of your eyes, you only get the two you have.

I think it is funny how people always talk about these "clinics" like if they are everywhere! Some places have no clinics and no health dept. clinic and some don't even have an emergency room! If you can't afford a Dr here and not on aid of some sort you can forget it, or use a credit card...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I have a scar on my eye and wear contacts, the one eye gets infected at least once a year. The way I know it is an infection is because it itches and the eye Dr said they itch when there is an infection so for me to come in immediately if it itches as a few days and I could loose my eye sight.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Oh dam.

My eye doesnt itch per say it just hurts to have it open so I go to sleep and put pressure on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

dam those pics have scarred me for life now..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Lay down for a while with a couple of green tea bags, wet, over your eyes. If you haven't let it go too long, it might help.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks.

Do you have any other tips?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Oh dam.

My eye doesnt itch per say it just hurts to have it open so I go to sleep and put pressure on it.

I have a rare hereditary eye disorder. Sometimes one of my pupils will freeze, not constrict in light, like a normal pupil would. My symptoms are very much like yours. Severe redness and I can't stand any light hitting that eye, due to pain from over exposure to light. Even causes a headache. Only thing I can do, is go to my eye Dr. and get the drops that are used to dilate your eyes, to unfreeze my pupil. This eye disorder I have, can hit anyone, at any age, anytime.

I'd get it checked out if I were you. If I hadn't gone to an eye Dr. for my problem in the beginning, I was told I would have permanently damaged the rods in my eyes, and gone blind.

DON'T MESS AROUND WITH YOUR EYES.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Well, there is no location mentioned so I took a guess. Walk in clinics are usually a little cheaper and faster than a dr. I didn't know if it was a price or insurance issue or not, once again I guessed. I just wanted to throw it out there so that the price didn't seem as scary as a dr. visit. Anything to get them care without screaming GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Sometimes people take for granted that everyone has the same easy access to medical care as they do. I can't drive three minutes without passing a walk in clinic in any given direction. Even our grocery stores have them now.

Sorry to possibly recommend a possibility that you may or may not have access to. However, I am sticking to my first suggestion.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Conjuctivitis is common to many people. The causes may vary though, even rain in certain areas. It's fairly harmless, but sometimes medical treatment is needed to clear it up more swiftly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Oh dam.

I have a rare hereditary eye disorder. Sometimes one of my pupils will freeze, not constrict in light, like a normal pupil would. My symptoms are very much like yours. Severe redness and I can't stand any light hitting that eye, due to pain from over exposure to light. Even causes a headache. Only thing I can do, is go to my eye Dr. and get the drops that are used to dilate your eyes, to unfreeze my pupil. This eye disorder I have, can hit anyone, at any age, anytime.

I'd get it checked out if I were you. If I hadn't gone to an eye Dr. for my problem in the beginning, I was told I would have permanently damaged the rods in my eyes, and gone blind.

DON'T MESS AROUND WITH YOUR EYES.

Des

same here, the permant scar which now causes endless trouble and risk for my eye, would never have happened if I would have gotten help the first time my eye was in pain and itching for days, I waited a week and now I have permanent damage.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The only things wrong with this thing here is its your EYES for gosh sake! You are taking chances with your most prized possession: your sight. Stop looking for advice from everyone and his brother and go to the DR.
Dont play around here: go. Now. Please.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
do you have more white mucus stuff in the eye ?
do you have a small red bump on the eye lips ?
is your eye look pink/red swollen ?
when you wake up the morning .. is your left eye messy ?

Then you maybe have a small Chalazion on the eye lid

You will be okay .. and will not go blind
trust me

edit on 8/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join