It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My eyes has been red for like 3 weeks now and I'm hella scared

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My left eye has Its been a little red throught the day then when its around 8 pm it hurts so I just go to sleep. I dont understand how it started, it just did...I dont know the cause. Some have said I have the notorious "pink eye". I'm scared I might go blind or have some infection or disease or something. Alot of people told me to go to the doctor, I DONT want to. I do not want eye drops I hate them. Last time I went for my glasses they had a really hard time doing it they just gave up.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

I know you don't like eye drops but do you prefer the redness?

Visine works...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Are the eye drops really necessary though. Doesnt it go away? although its taking long now...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I DONT want to. I do not want eye drops I hate them. Last time I went for my glasses they had a really hard time doing it they just gave up.

What do you hate more, Blindness or Eye drops.

Act accordingly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Pink eye possibly. There are over the counter drops that address this problem if it hasn't manifested too much. A good sign is gunk coming out the corner of your eye.

But be it an infection, the drops normally get rid of many kinds in a matter of days. If you don't believe it to be an infection, visine should tackle the symptoms.

Source: Previous eye infection

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I thought this cant lead to blindness..

link   
Better to go see a doctor than to damage your eyes beyond repair.

Pink eye could be a cause, or several other problems.
Take a look at this link and maybe you will find an answer:
Eye Health Guide

Hope that helps a little.

link   
Just GOTO the doc's/optomorists and get it looked at and don't forget you dont have to obey what they say so if they say you have to put in drops or you will go blind you can say FU and ignore them and is your human rights

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
My left eye has Its been a little red throught the day then when its around 8 pm it hurts so I just go to sleep. I dont understand how it started, it just did...I dont know the cause. Some have said I have the notorious "pink eye". I'm scared I might go blind or have some infection or disease or something. Alot of people told me to go to the doctor, I DONT want to. I do not want eye drops I hate them. Last time I went for my glasses they had a really hard time doing it they just gave up.

Dude, go to the doctor.
You probably have pink eye.

You need antibiotics. Don't be daft.

Secret to eyedrops for ultra-sensitive eyes (like me - I had multiple eye surgeries):
You drop it in the corner of your eye (not really quite in your eye) by your nose with your eye closed. You then tilt your head a little and use your fingers to open your eye and let the fluid kind of run in. It's not bad that way.
edit on 14-8-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Are the eye drops really necessary though. Doesnt it go away? although its taking long now...

haha...

You tell me... I don't know if its necessary... I only offered a solution...

IF they don't help i would suggest heading to the doctors

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I thought this cant lead to blindness..

Because you self diagnosed something? do you know what it is 100% ? NO than see a doctor if you value your vision.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

If I have pink eye, will I go blind?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Go to the eye doctor and get checked out. Better safe than sorry.

To drive that point home, here's some info about a botfly infesting someone's eye socket and mimicking your symptoms. Doubtful you've got a botfly larvae, but still you should take the point.

Don't gamble with your vision, hate of eyedrops and whatnot or no.

link   
You might want to see an eye doctor as you might have an infection. Happened to me a few years ago. A couple of eye drops I was taking conflicted with each other and caused it. It was an easy fix, but you have to act.

Edit to add: You have no idea what is wrong. There are people here giving you home remedies and suggesting visine for simple red eye, but you DO NOT KNOW that the issue is simple. It could be an infection which is serious. Get yourself to an optometrist at least NOW.
edit on 8/14/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   

First of all I care about you and your situation; and I want you to heal.

Secondly ....YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR!....3 weeks have passed...please go...don't be foolish anymore.

Thirdly...call and make the appointment today....and/or go to the emergency room or a walk-in clinic.

Do something to help yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I've been a sufferer of dry/red eye for a long time.. for me it is various reasons.. but common causes are

1. Dehydration
2. Allergies of some sort
3. Blepharitis
4. Fatigue ( staring at a monitor for too long, eye strain )

#1 can be caused by too much caffeine, not enough fluid intake, alcohol
#2. could be dust, pollen, animals, mold or mildew
#3. is inflammation which can be helped by cleaning the eyelids regularly
#4. getting plenty of sleep, taking breaks from staring at a computer screen or tv, wearing protection when outside from wind or sun ..

And of course eye drops... artificial tears without preservatives are best.. visine works but I wouldn't take it much .. I REALLY love two products from over-seas that take red eyes and make them clear and white.. but they aren't meant for daily use... Sante NEO FX is excellent and Optrex Brightening Drops..

If dehydration is partly involved ( I do party on occasion with a little too much alcohol ) .. forget water, forget sports drinks.. Pedialyte is one of the best ways to properly hydrate .. it's made for infants with diarrhea .. but it's been adopted by adults who are athletes and .. well.. drinkers alike.. It's far more effective than water or Gatorade ... another good thing is perhaps an omega 3 supplement ...

If all fails, you really should consider a doctor because dry, red eyes can cause damage to your eyes over time.. but in most people I know it's one of those common things.. dehydration, nutritional, allergies or fatigue..
edit on 8/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You NEED a doctor, not an ATSer.

That's all that needs to be said. It doesn't matter what you do or don't want, what matters is you NEED to go to a doctor to get the bottom of it. We can't help you, that's what a doctor is for.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

How did you fix your condition, did it go away?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm going to guess you are kind of young. Go try a five dollar bottle of visine, (gets the red out). Have someone help you put the drops in. I get horrible allergies that make my eyes look bloodshot. They itch and burn like crazy, visine works.

If visine doesn't help, suck it up and go to the dr. If you can't afford one, go to the health department or walk in clinic. (you can get into the minute clinic for under $100.)

Please take care of your eyes, you only get the two you have.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is also something a friend of mine did when they had a similar issue, their problem ended up being clogged up tear ducts...

www.dryeyezone.com...

This involves using a rice pack heated in the microwave to loosen up the blockage in the ducts and clear it out ..

Still .. don't avoid the doctor

top topics

<<   2 >>

join