It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Pesky Ego

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Honestly! In my opinion, we have hidden in plain view all the technology and knowledge that we need to solve all the world's problems. It's just that we can't use it because the human ego won't allow it. We're smart enough but we're not wise enough.

It is incredible the lengths people will go to to protect that precious ego from being challenged. All manner of obfuscation is used to avoid taking away ego gratification so that truths can be recognized and acted upon.

How many more centuries it will take for humankind to grow out of it? To get to the point where dealing with the truth is more satisfying than stroking the ego?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
truth is by far the only choice we have. Being true to others and ourselves, technology is in our grasp yes, but as soon as new green technology that actually works is brought into "public" its being bought as soon as possible, and then withhold by TPTB. Its all about the $$ when we start to realise what our elite of the world does with our money, how they fund both sides of war, how they make deals under the table with REAL dictators, how they act solely on spreading fear and propaganda for god knows what reason...
I just fear that were in for quite a ride... Iran invasion? economic collapse? war? a even more sophisticated dumbing down of our generations?. Time will tell i guess.

But in the end the only thing that matters is that we stay true to ourselves. True to what is correct and what is not. We all have our moral compass', some more then others.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Honestly! In my opinion, we have hidden in plain view all the technology and knowledge that we need to solve all the world's problems. It's just that we can't use it because the human ego won't allow it. We're smart enough but we're not wise enough.

It is incredible the lengths people will go to to protect that precious ego from being challenged. All manner of obfuscation is used to avoid taking away ego gratification so that truths can be recognized and acted upon.

How many more centuries it will take for humankind to grow out of it? To get to the point where dealing with the truth is more satisfying than stroking the ego?

Ya I agree for sure. I think much of this is put on us by externals though as a form of mass hypnosis.

for example I think if you look back even a 100 or more years ago people still had a lot of wholesome family values. They weren't so ego driven, materialistic, self absorbed etc. But around after ww2 I think is when a lot of changes started. The US started competing with Russia and the world to have the most advanced and materialistic society on earth. Then add to that television, the ultimate hypnosis device and then later the internet, and mass media starting to not do independant stories as much but rather just reading of the news wire, then it all works together. And really I'm just scratching the surface.

What I'm driving at is everything is designed to keep people from waking up to understanding anything. They want checkered men, they want people to stay in base conscienceousness. They don't want anyone to understand the system, how it's all designed, how it works to keep the common people down, and or asleep.

So what seems to arise is the ego which seems to somehow dominate a persons inner being. But I think it's somehow cultivated via all the brainwashing and propaganda we are feed in school, tv, main stream media etc.

I think without the right sources you can't actually wake up and understand jack sheatt. Personally I like Alex Jones I've learned tons from that dude. You can listen to some of his shows here: radio archeives

But again I don't think it's something that is natural as much as it is cultivated by external influences we grow up with now a days. That's why most people will never really understand much other than basic slavery. But I think it takes all types for the world to go around. I sometimes think maybe it's almost better off that most people don't know much. Life is just simplier that way.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
America produces enough food to feed the world, yet their are starving people everywhere. Think about how much food goes to waste, all it takes is the infrastructure to distribute.

Why because we have a greed based economy, no one is willing to help their fellow man with out getting something in return.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Personally I like Alex Jones I've learned tons from that dude.

I have, too. God bless him.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
America produces enough food to feed the world, yet their are starving people everywhere. Think about how much food goes to waste, all it takes is the infrastructure to distribute.

Why because we have a greed based economy, no one is willing to help their fellow man with out getting something in return.

My oldest daughter did a project on food production in the US versus statistics on hunger in the US for a school project. It was staggering. She factored in the farmers paid for not producing, and all of the little things that most of us really dont know about that goes on concerning waste and factory farming. She also added in all of our 'open" land that would be suitable for farming things, plus some that we import only and how many more people woudl have income etc etc. Basically, the US could feed every citizen WELL plus offer aid to others. Our agricultural ability here is astounding.. but it isnt done. Its all really a shell game with money. Seems to always boil down to "our" endemic greed.
Mouths of babes....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It'll go away naturally as we progress forward, unless we go extinct first. The key thing to realizing the ego isn't there is realizing we're all connected to not only each other but to the natural world itself. It may sound like hippie-talk to say something like "living in harmony with nature" but we must realize that we ultimately come from nature. We damn the womb, and people think we are a materialistic society. In a way, yes, but we're more anti-material than material. We love material to the point that we crush it in our hands and kill for it. There's no respect for nature or ourselves. When we realize our connections, that we're an extension of all that is, we'll get our minds back.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

While there are problems with our food production and distribution, there are also even more problems on the other end with countries that are starving. TPTB in 3rd world countries that we send aid to tend to withhold our aid from the people, and they continue to suffer

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

While there are problems with our food production and distribution, there are also even more problems on the other end with countries that are starving. TPTB in 3rd world countries that we send aid to tend to withhold our aid from the people, and they continue to suffer

Im talking people in our own back yard, not just third world.

Children still go hungry in America today.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

"That pesky ego!"

Being without ego is good (1), being with ego is bad (2).

There are world problems (1), and they need to be SOLVED for better living (2)

This is just another form of duality. As you move into unity thinking you'll see that all the piece fit the puzzle, and the "pieces" will melt and become one picture when you see through unity.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Humanity oscillates between periods of truth and ego-stroking. From golden ages to ages of ignore-ance...and it can't be any other way because its the tension between pairs of opposites that forms the stuff of reality.

Both periods have their own kind of beauty. Find and extract it, no judgment.

edit on 14-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This portion of a description for this YouTube video caught my attention:

. . . . A radical transcendence of an ego-centered worldview opens the doorway to a compassionate life of authentic expression, service and alignment with the Absolute. . . .

top topics

join