It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is this image "glitch" related to image altering/managing or just a simple glitch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
ATS is this image "glitch" related to image altering/managing or just a simple glitch?

Thanks in advance. I was observing the images from this thread

Mars photo with 3 orbs - or are they just birds flying in the distance? LOL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I noticed these image differences. So the Conspiracy Theorist mind in me had me thinking I heard images get SCREENED before reaching the public so I wanted to know if this is possible screening effects. It seems TRUTH is hidden either for National security or Control of the MASSES, noted. So 1 is not trying to cause harm or interfere with national security. I just wanted to get some feed back on these images posted from that original thread of Bilk22.

the images:

ORIGINAL THREAD PIC FROM POSTED OP SHOWING 3 ORBS ECT.

AND THE INVERTED PIC

Is the circled area modified/filtered or is this just normal pixilation. If not then look at the same "glitch" on the mountain surfaces in the background and in the top left?

IN THIS PIC 2 SOMETHING'S IN THE LEFT CORNER PROBABLY GOING TO CALL THEM DUST

AND THE INVERTED PIC

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Look inside circled area it looks like something was there but is not anymore, again asking for clarification /explanations, thanks. And not saying the landing was fake as I feel it was not altered possibly yes.
edit on 8/14/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why bother releasing the picture at all if there was a detectable way to see it was altered? I'm always curious about this with the Mars cover-up ideas that come out.

NASA could take a picture of a rock, with nothing in the background. On the other side could be a space-base full of aliens from Rigel 7, why not just omit the space-base photos and put out a few more of that boring rock. None would be the wiser...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Why bother releasing the picture at all if there was a detectable way to see it was altered? I'm always curious about this with the Mars cover-up ideas that come out.

NASA could take a picture of a rock, with nothing in the background. On the other side could be a space-base full of aliens from Rigel 7, why not just omit the space-base photos and put out a few more of that boring rock. None would be the wiser...

I think they CAN edit them but there MAY be left over or residual effects replaced that may/can offer chance to detect data from data made to be CLEAN. So in short they possibly cannot eliminate every trace of images being modified. Do you think its just normal pic glitch boncho?

@

I agree they could do that but it may cause those professionals in the image sector to pic up on the GAME fast so they need to provide as much as possible of REAL footage as opposed to fake background totally but who knows all we get is fragmented data to try to work with.
edit on 8/14/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Seems its back to the drawing board with this one lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Do you think its just normal pic glitch boncho?

I am not a picture analyst. But I did notice that you highlighted one round circle of pixelation. While if you look to the top left (slowly pan upwards diagonally) you will see three more lines of pixelation that are all contain an area of different colour tone.

In other words, you seemed to have focused only on the part of the photo that ties into your hypothesis that it has been altered. But the same effect is seen throughout the photo....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Do you think its just normal pic glitch boncho?

I am not a picture analyst. But I did notice that you highlighted one round circle of pixelation. While if you look to the top left (slowly pan upwards diagonally) you will see three more lines of pixelation that are all contain an area of different colour tone.

In other words, you seemed to have focused only on the part of the photo that ties into your hypothesis that it has been altered. But the same effect is seen throughout the photo....

I mentioned that at the top left boncho I didnt want to make the image to messy thats why I only outlined the main part in the center of image..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks in advance. I was observing the images from this thread

Mars photo with 3 orbs - or are they just birds flying in the distance? LOL

I think in this case it is probably both a glitch and an effect of image compression.

The three dots you refer to are likely 'hot pixels'. These are common and generally your camera or phone includes software which will eliminate them. You can read more about this here: www.kenrockwell.com...

The pixellation you refer to is likely a result of compressing the image into as small a filesize as possible. In order to do this the algorithm will throw away data that is on the edge of visibility. This often appears as areas of slightly colour variation that are grouped together.

To reproduce this yourself, create an image with a smooth gradient, and save them as JPEG with qualities from 10% to 90%. You will see that as the quality level decreases, the amount of blocks and the size of the blocks increases. Of course this also depends on exactly what compression and algorithm is being used. I haven't checked any of the raws or originals so there are many potential sources for this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I missed the part where you said that as it was sandwiched between two pictures. I think you answered your own question with that though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

exponent, thank you for your feedback on the subject. I am no image pro and seen the differences in the image and wondered what it was. Thanks again

new topics

top topics

join