It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apologize! Stop whining - It's just more theorizing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is in response to posters calling for apologies concerning the Olympic false flag threads.

Are you serious? This site is dedicated to conspiracy theories.

Calling for an apology means that you are somehow emotionally distraught because of people theorizing that TPTB are planning a false flag.

We are conspiracy theorists here.... some of us are more skeptical than others and ignorance applies to all of us. If you find yourself the opposite of this, then why are you here?

If I contribute to a thread that has to do with false flag at the 2012 Olympics, there is nothing wrong with that. We are theorizing that a possible conspiracy is afoot based on Hollywood symbolism and a little paranoia. That's what we do.

Yes, conspiracy theories usually aren't happy stories with prince and princesses living happily ever after.

Almost ALL 2012 Olympic threads were theories. With titles that have words like "possible" "maybe" or "there could be" ....... those all indicate that the author is simply theorizing a possibility.

Apologize you say? ....screw off
edit on 14-8-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm not asking for an apology personally.. I would ask that they stop defending their failed conspiracy theories with silly rebuttals like "It only didn't happen because we were onto them!" .. that's just nonsense.. these theories were born out of seeing things and making too much of it .. like the middle eastern man on the olympics poster.. they actually some how believed these evil master minds would leave clues to their dark plot only to pull out when we happened to catch the clue? .. why would they leave a clue in the first place.. this isn't scooby doo .. it's reality..

So I just ask that they stop defending the failed conspiracies/predictions.. I don't care about apologies.. this is old hat at ATS.. it will always happen, there will be a new doomsday/false flag thread in the next day or two.. that's my prediction.. and I bet I'll be right.. maybe even today!
edit on 8/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

stop defending their failed conspiracy theories with silly rebuttals like "It only didn't happen because we were onto them!" .. that's just nonsense..

I'm not defending the actual theory.

I'm defending the act of theorizing about conspiracies.

Sure, some theories on this site are ..... well .... out there. That doesn't mean you stop them from posting their theories.

Let them post.

Let them get flamed during their post.

But to go back and rehash something that almost every poster never claimed to be "fact" .... is lame.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Really...no matter what a conspiracy is; there are always going to be people who believe it; and others who don't. That is just a part of life and ATS.

I don't think anyone should have to apologize for what they believe in; even if many disagree.

Everywhere any of us go in life; from time to time we are going to run into beliefs that we think are ridiculous and absurd; but I do think we all need to respect each individual's right to believe what they so choose.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Calling for an apology means that you are somehow emotionally distraught because of people theorizing that TPTB are planning a false flag.

You also appear to be " emotionally distraught".. Seriously your post is as pointless as the other said post.. You are correct we are conspiracy theorists that is why we are all on this site.. Well for the most part.. So stop making posts "whining" about other posters "whining"..

Get back to business as usual. that is all.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Really...no matter what a conspiracy is; there are always going to be people who believe it; and others who don't. That is just a part of life and ATS.

I don't think anyone should have to apologize for what they believe in; even if many disagree.

Everywhere any of us go in life; from time to time we are going to run into beliefs that we think are ridiculous and absurd; but I do think we all need to respect each individual's right to believe what they so choose.

The issue I think is that conspiracy theories like these need to be scrutinized .. there are also a lot of hoaxers out there that inject things into the ATS vein just to watch the results.. Dr. Salvatore Cortini comes to mind.. So when a theory is posted I think it's absolutely important that it be dissected and analyzed .. I'm a skeptic first and a believer last.. I rely on evidence or at very least, plausibility ..

Yes this is ATS and all theories are welcomed, but the act of posting that theory to the public invites scrutiny, and it puts it back on the poster to respond to that.. both sides should be respectful .. though in my experience that usually isn't the case.. I've been called a disinfo agent, sheeple or simply "not awake", "close minded... and numerous other things.. then inevitably the event comes and goes without disaster..at least so far.. and yet we are the bad guys for questioning it at all .. even if it made no sense or had no evidence to support it in the first place.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I like reading about these theories, it makes me laugh(i admit there are some theories that makes you think..), i'm not gonna stop them or criticize them, but when the time comes i want them to admit that it was wrong and move on...they don't even have to say sorry, heck, they don't even need to say anything about their failed prediction...... instead

"we were the reason it was stopped ..."
"we influenced them to stop the massacre..."
or "its just being delayed..."
"we got the dates switched.."

All i see is denial.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I like reading about these theories, it makes me laugh(i admit there are some theories that makes you think..), i'm not gonna stop them or criticize them, but when the time comes i want them to admit that it was wrong and move on...they don't even have to say sorry, heck, they don't even need to say anything about their failed prediction...... instead

"we were the reason it was stopped ..."
"we influenced them to stop the massacre..."
or "its just being delayed..."
"we got the dates switched.."

All i see is denial.

Exactly .. that is when it crosses over into being annoying.. I've also saw annoying posts made just to rub it in the faces of those who made the predictions in the first place.. those are equally as un-necessary .. But I do wish the defending of the failed predictions for nonsense reasons would go away.. Get busy inventing the next big one before someone beats you to the punch.. I've seen dates now stretching out to 2016 ..

I did see one person who made predictions and had a popular thread apologize for it though and I thought that was absolutely awesome and humble of them.. I deeply respected it.. it wasn't needed

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

"we were the reason it was stopped ..." "we influenced them to stop the massacre..." or "its just being delayed..." "we got the dates switched.."

Really? You didn't sense any humor or sarcasm in any of those posts or the many who starred them?

I think most people weren't being literal when they said that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

You also appear to be " emotionally distraught".

IF .... IF I was .... I wouldn't call for apologies across the board.

new topics

top topics

join