It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Just Don't Get It - A Plea as to why Catastrophe NEEDS to Happen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

We live in this narrow focus that history is only within the scope of our living life... it's not ... the world was a screwed up place before you were born.. for a long long time..

But it is the people who live outside of that narrow focus, who live in all of history that sit back and just accept things as they are and don't attempt to change them. Why, because the world has been utter crap before now, and continues to be utter crap only in different ways, should we accept the utter crap and not do anything about it? Not hope for something to come along to get rid of the crap?

The crap has always been there, yes, but in the modern age, it is either so widespread, or seemingly so widespread because of modern communications, that you literally can not escape it for a single day. You cannot escape the war and greed and disease and chaos and just general inhumane treatment of human to human because it is splattered in our face on a global scale and so is the fact that "THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE WORLD AND THERE IS NOTHING TO BE DONE" when in fact that is a lie. There is so much to be done but nobody wants to do anything.

reply to post by seeker1963

Wishful thinking indeed! I think that is maybe the OP's point. Human selfishness and hypocracy has put this planet in a place where the only way to change humanities thought process, is a total reset.

That is my point exactly. Anything short of some miracle will do no better than something catastrophic.

reply to post by 0zzymand0s

And we can do better.

In fact -- it is our moral duty to "do better."

The problem is, you can tell people to "do better" all day and all night. Greater man than you and I have done it for decades, even centuries, and people don't care to listen. The only times that people "do better" is when faced with a joint catastrophe. Think of how people came together after 9/11, Katrina, Haiti, the various tsunamis, - it is only in the wake of our darkest days that humanity shows its brightest colors and then after that, give it a few weeks, maybe months at best, at it all sloshes back to normal.

That is why something global needs to happen that CHANGES the normal so we can't go back to it, so we can't sink back into our caves of ignorant thinking like the rest of the world doesn't matter, only when something bad happens. Something needs to happen to awaken people to the fact that this planet is a daily sphere of bad things happening yet they are content with their lives no matter how bad it gets, questioning and complaining, but continually accepting it the worse it goes.

reply to post by Phage

It's funny and even ironic. Because today, most grown ups "fantasize" that everything in their life is perfect and they are living in some kind of storybook idealistic dream that couldn't possibly be better. They do this because they are drilled that idea in their heads as children, the achieve it, and then they believe it, until their death, with nothing to prove them otherwise because they never try for anything more.

Your "fantasy" is WAY different than mine.

reply to post by namine

If you are that concerned, and willing to throw your life away in some disaster, why not devote the rest of your existence to advocating the change you want to see instead? Admittedly, it's a tall task when you consider the numbers, but it beats sitting around and propagating destruction surely? You never know. Probably won't influence everyone, but if the few you reach out to influence a few more and so on and so forth, change may eventually come to pass. Have hope.

And if all else fails, the inevitable will happen anyway as you've so kindly informed us.

I have devoted the rest of my existence to the cause, at least until the cause is recognized. I have openly given it until 12/21/12 for nature/TPTB to take their course and if not, my plans begin to take form.

I am one man and can not hope to change the world in a day, but many know that I am passionate about America, and I will start here. I have said and I still plan to start the revolution to take back this country should fate not take its course in the coming months.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I believe there is a part of humanity that wants to save mankind and heal this planet; I am hoping this will happen.

I believe in that part of mankind as well. I just believe they are badly outnumbered. The other sides lines need to be thinned drastically before any hope can be achieved.

reply to post by Advantage

Death from disasters, yes - the little people.

Death from those waiting for such a disaster to strike against those in power - the powers that be will feel it just as bad if not worse. They will fall.

It isn't about my life. I've given up hope on a better life for myself and I have resigned to the fact that there is a very great possibility that I will be dead before I see any kind of "better life" for me. But my young relatives and the children I see being raised into this world unknown to what is around them and what is coming unto them - it is they who I worry about. It is they who will shape the future in the end and it is those of use who have already had a chance at life that must sacrifice it so that they may have a chance at something greater.

So, you would not wish a death, or many deaths for a better life for yourself. But what if it was one death for a better life for millions. What if it was 1000 deaths in exchange for a billion better lives - BILLIONS of better lives from generation after generation to follow?

You may not see it as a fair trade off, but I do. Thousands die every day. Deal with it. I have no emotion or qualms about death. I have learned enough in study to know, at the very least, that death is not the end, thought I cannot say what it is. I and those that sacrifice for the betterment of generations infinium can only hope that that next existence is better then what we leave behind here in a world of suffering, hate, and hardship.

reply to post by trysts

I think you should refrain from wanting, or causing a catastrophe, gwydionblack. A revolution can happen. I think the complexities involved in a revolution should be the topic of conversation all-the-time, and worth anyone's effort who is as frustrated as you are.

Complaining leads to nothing. Complaining did nothing to stop the King from continuously harassing the Colonists in colonial America. What DID do something were events - the Boston Tea Party, the Bostom Massacre. Both rallied support for a cause and brought people into a battle that otherwise they would have sight on the sidelines and accepted their contentment with the same old same old.

Just as today, protests and complaining do nothing. People complain an argue and they want action, but no one is willing to act. And action is needed to ignite a fire under people. An action inspires. The action that inspires must be large, but reach the entire nation, must create awe, and it must symbolize a statement. Most times - it must be chaotic and it must be destructive... because people respond to that, and people will act.

People will never act unless someone acts first, but they need some kind of trigger in a revolution to do so. They want the government to make a stupid move first which will never happen, but it makes them feel better cause none of them ever have to act. But no worries - action will be swift and it will be done soon enough. The revolution will be inspired.

reply to post by Suspiria

Yes, because as seen by all the catastrophes of the past century, they all result in utter lawlessness, a complete breakdown of society, and a revert back to cannibalism. A very realistic viewpoint.

reply to post by RealSpoke

You compare sticks to stones, apples to oranges. The people of Liberia never asked for a military coup to kill their government, suspend their Constitution, destroy their country and their rights, and instate an ethnic dictatorship over them. They breakdown in their society resulted in them trying to fight off such a system and the fight lasting for so long. Now, the road to recover is a long one, but it will happen so long as peace can be maintained.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by trysts

I think you should refrain from wanting, or causing a catastrophe, gwydionblack. A revolution can happen. I think the complexities involved in a revolution should be the topic of conversation all-the-time, and worth anyone's effort who is as frustrated as you are.

Complaining leads to nothing. Complaining did nothing to stop the King from continuously harassing the Colonists in colonial America. What DID do something were events - the Boston Tea Party, the Bostom Massacre. Both rallied support for a cause and brought people into a battle that otherwise they would have sight on the sidelines and accepted their contentment with the same old same old.

Just as today, protests and complaining do nothing. People complain an argue and they want action, but no one is willing to act. And action is needed to ignite a fire under people. An action inspires. The action that inspires must be large, but reach the entire nation, must create awe, and it must symbolize a statement. Most times - it must be chaotic and it must be destructive... because people respond to that, and people will act.

People will never act unless someone acts first, but they need some kind of trigger in a revolution to do so. They want the government to make a stupid move first which will never happen, but it makes them feel better cause none of them ever have to act. But no worries - action will be swift and it will be done soon enough. The revolution will be inspired.

reply to post by Suspiria

reply to post by RealSpoke

Well, I can't side with you if you don't take into account the need for millions of people in this country to be on the side of revolution. The only way to know if millions are behind you in this, is to allow for the people's complaints to be voiced and respected. A real tension has to be in the air. Millions have to devote their lives to a revolution in such a gigantic country as the U.S. A specific problem must be articulated, and used as a driving force. For me, that problem is the United State's continual violence against innocent people around the world, whose only hope is the people of the U.S. rising up against the crimes of their government to end them.
This is the most important reason for revolution in this country, and it must have a positive ground to build upon. Empathy is the positive ground.

You seem a nihilist. You waiting for some imaginary prophecy about a global disaster to come true, or else you'll apparently make some disaster happen, is wrong in my view.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Wrong. Not a nihilist. I'm not going to create a disaster if it doesn't happen. I'm going to create a revolution. If revolution begins there will no longer be need for a disaster.

There are many problems with this country and many things for people to get behind, yours is just one of the many valid points that can be brought up to rally people - and it will. However, even when such points are brought up, people pay them no mind. They continue about their lives and ignore the speakers.

Now say something happened to make everybody take notice. Everyone is now watching with open eyes awaiting what is going to happen and then you pinpoint those problems. You make them aware of what they already are aware but something they can stand behind and fight for. You make it aware that what happened was done so that people can unite and begin fighting and it is for the hope of the future and that unless people unite and fight against the powers the hold us down, there will never be another chance greater than that.

And in one single moment, everyone who has ever though about revolting or standing up for what they believe in will be thinking it at the same time - not only that, but they will see that there is someone that has actually done something about it it. They too will begin doing something about it and as more begin to do things about it the revolution will begin and there will be NOTHING that the powers that be can do to stop it.

I am an idealist. I will see the world to either fall and rebuild itself better out of necessity or out of self preservation of people's on rights and freedoms. They just need the push to do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

It's funny and even ironic. Because today, most grown ups "fantasize" that everything in their life is perfect and they are living in some kind of storybook idealistic dream that couldn't possibly be better.

"Grown ups"? Ok.
I don't fantasize that my life is perfect. Hardly. I have a lot more worries now than I did as a teenager. A major catastrophe might give me fewer things to worry about but it wouldn't make my life better.

They do this because they are drilled that idea in their heads as children, the achieve it, and then they believe it, until their death, with nothing to prove them otherwise because they never try for anything more.

I was never told that my life would (or could) be perfect. I was told, and understood, that life is full of up and downs. A major catastrophe wouldn't change that. In fact there is no doubt that it would make my life a lot worse, further from perfect than it is now.
edit on 8/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by trysts

There are many problems with this country and many things for people to get behind, yours is just one of the many valid points that can be brought up to rally people - and it will. However, even when such points are brought up, people pay them no mind. They continue about their lives and ignore the speakers.

Now say something happened to make everybody take notice.

And in one single moment, everyone who has ever though about revolting or standing up for what they believe in will be thinking it at the same time - not only that, but they will see that there is someone that has actually done something about it it. They too will begin doing something about it and as more begin to do things about it the revolution will begin and there will be NOTHING that the powers that be can do to stop it.

I am an idealist. I will see the world to either fall and rebuild itself better out of necessity or out of self preservation of people's on rights and freedoms. They just need the push to do it.

just becareful most have fallowed the rules for so long they would revolt on you
some would just be lost if there car didnt start for them by its self ,
take away the web they lost all there freinds ..you would caught on fire alive in the streets,lol
i would just cut more would & go fishing you would be a God...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

i know ,lol wood lol you would be A GOD ,lmfao

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i deal with people every day, i live way back in the woods,when we get snowed in its great..if i wake up & go into the city and come up on a road block & my power is out at home i will thank you for all your blessing.,lol

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And, I guess you have already considered whether or not anything would stop the world from quickly developing into what it is now...all over again, even if a catastrophe happened?

Yea, you probably didn't think about that.

Things are bad. They have been for a very very long time. They will probably stay that way.

You have to be delusional to be happy in life. I feel convinced of that.

Anyway, while I wish the scum of this Earth would all be sucked into a volcano and then spit out into outer space, eh, the scum probably stand a better than average chance of surviving compared to the people at the bottom. So, be careful what you wish for.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

What will stop it from becoming this way is the fact that those of us who fight for it to become better will then have the foresight to know how easy it is to come tumbling down. It is a matter of principle, a change in ideologies, and passing down the right ideas and leadership skills to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

There simply has to be changes and safeguards put into place knowing what we know today, but at the very least we will be able to have a BETTER world for a little while until the bastards figure out how to sabotage that one as well. Hell, maybe the ones we pass the burden onto will be able to think outside the box and develop new means to sustain the streak that we create or it could get even worse than it is now. All I know is that the chance, even the slight chance of a better world is something worth fighting and dying for and sustainability is something that must be dealt with when the time comes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join