It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 13 2012 Video of very clear Second Sun....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Originally posted by totallackey

Does this look like a video taken in the infrared spectrum to you?

Try to read my post once again, because obviously you did not get it...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Everyone is ignoring the obvious as to why he's not outside. If you look closely, you can see where he pans across trees, there is a slight movement to them, if he had been outside and not inside behind a window, you would hear (as everyone who talks on a cellphone outside knows) the faint rustling and wind blowing across the mic in the phone, it's an annoying sound and most if not all cellphones suffer from that issue. Strike One.

Swearing to get a point across, never a good thing, it covers up that you have no idea what you're talking about and really ruins credibility... Strike Two

Does not give a definitive location for further research, nor time of day or even a clue as to what the weather was like. Almost seems like the bright area he's claiming is the sun is the reflection off of another object and he's catching our normal sun behind some thick clouds which would potentially give the look of the video we are seeing. Strike 3.

C'mon PlanetX people are killing themselves over this drivel, isn't it time you gave up on it and saved a few lives by not furthering this hoax?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

I haven't really seen anyone debunk this idea yet and it seems the most plausible to me. If it is a hoax, I don't think it's been exposed yet in this thread in that none of the debunkers have provided a hoax explanation that produces a similar enough image, from what I've seen.

I guess you missed the fact that I debunked this video by pointing out why it was a reflection due to a double paned window effect. I also posted a video that provides instructions on how to make these hoaxes.

It's a hoax video using cocked filters attached to the camera.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Sorry but I don't need to look at a youtube video. There are 7BILLION people on this planet and the sun has shone down all but about 200 of them in the past 24 hours. Do you not think that the whole world would be going mental by now? There would be millions of religious folks all across the globe on their hands and knees.

Sorry but a simple reality check is all that is needed as is the case with anything in the sky that is visible by everybody on the planet. eg sun, moon, second sun, inverted moon, motherships next to moon or sun, sunrise, sunset etc etc

FYI - 200 at the south pole which is midwinter right now and no sunshine.....

Originally posted by violet
It's a Sun Dog.
I've seen this before, you see two suns!
It's very cool to see.

Many think this is a sundog, and many say "Why didn't more people see this?", very legitimate points and questions.

If you google images of Sundogs, you will see they look nothing like this. The pink and white orbs in this video are well defined, whereas sundogs are not.

Also, why didn't millions of people see this yesterday? Well, I sometimes look at the sun close to sunset or sunrise, and I believe like everyone else avoid looking at it in the middle of the day.

The poster below also provides a logical reason why these objects are not seen by many, apart from the reason most avoid looking at the Sun in the middle of the day:

Originally posted by Haknow
Those who claim this is a sundog clearly don't understand what a sundog is.

Please, inform yourselves first: en.wikipedia.org...

Just google "sun dog" and you will see for yourself a "sun dog" doesn't look like that at all...Also:

- if it were a sundog, it should have a twin on the opposite side;
- sun dogs do not present perfect spheres, let alone a white and a red one quite distinct from each other.

So, whatever it is, it's not a sun dog.

Secondly, for those who say "if there was a second sun we should all see it by now" - you clearly don't understand anything about astronomy, physics, and in particular the nature of elliptical orbits in connection with the earth's own revolution around the sun.

Just like our common stars/ solar planets aren't visible all day in the same location, an incoming object could very well only be visible at specific hours in certain locations at varying angles, with a periodicity very different than those of our solar planets.

That being said, I do not claim this video is legit. Some things about it bother me, though I can't quite make out what it is.

I just believe we should steer clear of ignorant debunking claims.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Everyone is ignoring the obvious as to why he's not outside. If you look closely, you can see where he pans across trees, there is a slight movement to them, if he had been outside and not inside behind a window, you would hear (as everyone who talks on a cellphone outside knows) the faint rustling and wind blowing across the mic in the phone, it's an annoying sound and most if not all cellphones suffer from that issue. Strike One.

Swearing to get a point across, never a good thing, it covers up that you have no idea what you're talking about and really ruins credibility... Strike Two

Does not give a definitive location for further research, nor time of day or even a clue as to what the weather was like. Almost seems like the bright area he's claiming is the sun is the reflection off of another object and he's catching our normal sun behind some thick clouds which would potentially give the look of the video we are seeing. Strike 3.

C'mon PlanetX people are killing themselves over this drivel, isn't it time you gave up on it and saved a few lives by not furthering this hoax?

Interesting points, I detest the language as well.

However, he is clearly not inside.

If you watch the video at about the 2:20 mark, you can see him walking on a sidewalk up to a UPS guy, and panning around catching trees, telephone lines etc.

So even though this video may be a hoax, is certainly has nothing to do with him being inside.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone

1)The guy did say: "This is the ZOOMED IN version of the video". That sounds to me that the camera is already zoomed in.
Have you tried to take a pic or video of the sun? I have... of a sundog, and it's really difficult if you are not protecting your eyes. What he should have done was zoom out so we could have seen both (sun and second sun) objects at the same time.

Actually, I've recorded the sun many times.

Here is a video of it yesterday. No large planets near it. No extra suns, etc. My camera is not a cheap one either (all though I noticed that I need to clean the outer lens):

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Interesting points, I detest the language as well.

However, he is clearly not inside.

If you watch the video at about the 2:20 mark, you can see him walking on a sidewalk up to a UPS guy, and panning around catching trees, telephone lines etc.

So even though this video may be a hoax, is certainly has nothing to do with him being inside.

proves my point though... there is no way he could not have the wind noise on his cellphone if he were actually outside narrating it as he went along. He added the crappy audio later, most likely in a program designed to mux audio and video together, thereby negating the validity of the video.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The ignorance and bad faith of some Members here is sickening.

Well done, great job...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It is not a sun dog.

Sun dogs do not often appear as a pair. They can, but that is not typical. I usually see only 1 sun dog on one side of the Sun.

Sun dogs can be round orbs. I have seen that. It is not common. But sun dogs do not present themselves as a pair of bright spots next to each other.

As far as orbits goes, there is no chance this is something orbiting the Sun. That orbits would be days if not weeks in duration and would mean that the object would be seen day after day after day.

Not a sun dog.

It is a reflection due to a pair of glass layers immediately in front of the camera.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Can you please explain to me whether this is a threat or a warning?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Can you please explain to me whether this is a threat or a warning?

Neither... it's a proven fact.. Kids have been killing themselves because they read this stuff and think it's real, and think they have nothing left to live for. It would certainly save those lives if people stopped perpetuating this don't you think?

No more Planet X is coming to kill us all threads on this and other places, no more Nancy Lieder lies and John Moore lies and people may stop taking such drastic action..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryScotsman

First off sorry about typos I am typing this on my phone and my lunch break is almost over so im in a rush, ill edit later if time allows.

Hi there scottsman. You are correcrt to much dismissal or nibiru devotion and not enough debating. I agree with most its not a sundog. He is outside so not a window reflection. But after carefull review I think I know how this could be hoaxed in 10 steps. Its kind of a stretch but It would give these same result and you dont need to be a special effects guy either just imaginiative.Something was off and I couldnt figure out what it was the first time I watched it. So I rewatched it.

It is very bright and white and it seems to dim or slightly move so I kept watching and then I noticed the phone lines in the video all of a sudden EUREKA! So ill tell you how I would hoax something like this to get a similar effect.

Step 1. find some fishing line
Step 2. obtain a small mirror. similar to a dental mirror or cosmetic mirror.
Step 3. attach said fishing line to your mirror
Step 4. attach your line and mirror to the telephone lines. this would be the hardest part to do but any 1 who has drove through the city has certainly seen so many sneakers hanging from the wires.
Step 5. once your mirror is in the correct position grab a buddy.
Step. 6 wait until the sun has gone into the correct position fairly close to your mirror, then go and grab your old camera.
Step 7. have your buddy grab a spot light or powerful flash lite.
Step 8. have your body find the correct angle, then you stand in the reflection of the light from the mirror and start filming.
Step 9. Recall some acting lessons from drama class.
Step 10. Post video on youtube.

So thats my take on it, it would explain the darkness moving around it because if your buddy slightly moves the light the reflection path will also move causing the darkness which would simply be an absence of reflected light. And the reason its so white and right can be attribute it to the spot light.

Im not claiming this is exactly how this was done but it would achieve a similar effect, but outside of sundogs and reflections I hadnt read much debunking going on in this thread. So thats my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I know these amateur astronomers are out there looking at the sun with good optics, thereby negating most every possibility of the YT videos catching anything more than some idiot directing cheap optics in a way they are not meant to be used.
reply to post by boncho

Exactly Bonch.....I find it incredible that thousands of telescopes and professional photographers, and astronomers record the skies daily and nightly....yet the only video or pics of the "second Sun" or "Nibiru" come from "doomer of the day" @ youtube. I have an open mind, but there is NO WAY another planet could approach the Earth without everyone knowing it. Think of all the satelites and telescopes orbiting the Earth (not to mention the space station)....no way a planet or star could hide from all that......
edit on 8/15/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Your idea has a problem that the mirror has to be aligned with the camera.

It is much simpler to use the method shown in the video in which a double paned glass is attached to the front of the camera. It works well and works independently of the position of the camera.

No need to come up with a complicated solution when a simple method is available.

Still a hoax and a simple hoax at that.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If this is true, then obviously it is being covered up by many agencies - who cover up information all the time.

Yes, many agencies indeed, because they need to ensure every human being on earth only sees one sun, and that's a pretty huge task right there.

But, it's a sun dog. Well... in my opinion, it's a sun dog.

But, lets pretend we don't know that.

If it's a second sun....

Twice the radiation incoming, and wouldn't a giant extra body near the center of the solar system have a massive impact on orbital patterns? Besides the fact that no one else sees a second sun.

edit on 15-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Almost reguardless the appearance of our suddenly having two suns.

Has anyone thought about the implications of the gravitational effects which would be invloved.

With this much mass pulling on earth, we would not be here for very long.

IF we did not pile headlong into one of them, planet and all. Surely a lot of material could be drawn off the surface of the earth.

This would mean somebody would have a bad day.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight
reply to post by minettejo

I don't claim to know what it could be, but it is CERTAINLY not a sundog. Sundogs don't create perfectly round spheres beside the sun, they create a ring around it, with non-spherical shapes that sometimes show up in that ring. I wouldn't jump to conclusions that it is NIBIRU but it is certainly weird!

That's what I was thinking, certainly many people in the past have confused Nibiru with Sun dogs, but I have not seen Sun dogs with such clear definition.

Well does that in your thinking mean that they cannot exist or that you have still a lot to observe.

This image now serves as piece of educational material which shows you sun dogs with such clear definition.

And to Tylerknight, to say you don't know what it is and claim what its not goes against the motto of ATS

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Exellent breakdown of the vid, thank you. You're a star.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Still can't believe how dumb and gullible some people are. There is no 'second sun' and there won't ever be. If there was... You won't be reading about it on a forum, because we'll be long dead.
If people's understanding of 'How the Universe works' simply extended beyond being an infant throwing their arms up and down going 'goo goo ga ga' then we wouldn't even have dumb threads like this. Do everyone a favour, stop spending time reading forums and LEARN.
edit on 15-8-2012 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

If you think that is adequate protection for looking at the Sun, then you are foolish.

Oh really then you don't know much Pal.
I been welding for years and you can check out the sun through welding glasses just fine. I'm 53 and I don't use glasses ( except I always have shades on even at night ) to read and at 40 yards, I can take a birds head off with a 30/30. Now what ?
edit on 15-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join