August 13 2012 Video of very clear Second Sun....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's a Sun Dog.
I've seen this before, you see two suns!
It's very cool to see.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Some interesting notes about the OP video:

1) The person NEVER zooms in on the "objects"
2) The person ALWAYS pans the camera from the center of the sun to the LEFT to bring the objects into view.
3) The person NEVER brings the objects into view by panning from the left to the right, from the bottom up or from the top down.
4) As the person moves the camera while showing the objects, their shapes shift to where they are going in and out of round.
5) When the person moves the camera to talk to the UPS delivery man, all objects are casting one shadow.
6) The UPS delivery man is noticing nothing unusual.
7) After talking to the UPS man, the person with the camera again centers on the sun and pans to the left to see the objects.

Conclusion: the "objects" are not really their and are artifacts from the camera lens, and could only be produced if the camera was aimed at a certain angle and panned to the left.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryScotsman

Watch the video and learn. The answer is no. The reflection originates outside of the camera.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
For those that have 10 minutes to waste watch the video. It is as slow as any video, but the person uses a camera to show how to make lens flares and also how to make what amounts to a "window pane" that is not perpendicular to the optical axis.

When the camera is moved, the bright discs in the image move with the Sun.

Originally posted by Haknow

Secondly, for those who say "if there was a second sun we should all see it by now" - you clearly don't understand anything about astronomy, physics, and in particular the nature of elliptical orbits in connection with the earth's own revolution around the sun.

Just like our common stars/ solar planets aren't visible all day in the same location, an incoming object could very well only be visible at specific hours in certain locations at varying angles, with a periodicity very different than those of our solar planets.

That being said, I do not claim this video is legit. Some things about it bother me, though I can't quite make out what it is.

I just believe we should steer clear of ignorant debunking claims.

This is really wrong. Apparently the author of this post doesn't understand anything about astronomy and physics especially the orbital times of such an object. It would NOT be visible only at specific hours.

An object out as far as shown would take many days to orbit the Sun, not hours as suggested. The additional mass in the inner solar system would disrupt the orbits of all of the planets. Tides would be changed. Sunrise and sunset times would be changed. None of that is happening.

Thus astronomy and physics tells us that no second Sun exists.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I won't bother checking ths video because this will be flashing all over EBS, internet traffic would be flooded and ats would be down.

If its on YouTube and CNN or "False"News hasn't broke their necks talking about it then its probably fake.

Thank you for the thread (respectively)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My face when it just occurred to me how many people are going to go blind this year staring up at the sun looking for anomalies:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think it is 2 phenomena happening at the same time.

The first is atmospheric optical refraction which looks remarkably like this image from China (the article is very informative) www.msnbc.msn.com...

The second is a sun dog from the CMOS in his $5 camera.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Some interesting notes about the OP video:

1) The person NEVER zooms in on the "objects"
2) The person ALWAYS pans the camera from the center of the sun to the LEFT to bring the objects into view.
3) The person NEVER brings the objects into view by panning from the left to the right, from the bottom up or from the top down.
4) As the person moves the camera while showing the objects, their shapes shift to where they are going in and out of round.
5) When the person moves the camera to talk to the UPS delivery man, all objects are casting one shadow.
6) The UPS delivery man is noticing nothing unusual.
7) After talking to the UPS man, the person with the camera again centers on the sun and pans to the left to see the objects.
Conclusion: the "objects" are not really their and are artifacts from the camera lens, and could only be produced if the camera was aimed at a certain angle and panned to the left.

1)The guy did say: "This is the ZOOMED IN version of the video". That sounds to me that the camera is already zoomed in.
Have you tried to take a pic or video of the sun? I have... of a sundog, and it's really difficult if you are not protecting your eyes. What he should have done was zoom out so we could have seen both (sun and second sun) objects at the same time.

I'm not saying this is another sun, but based on all the pictures I've seen of sundogs, and my own pictures and videos of the one I took this year while visiting the Dom Rep., this doesn't look to me like a sundog.

2)That's because the "objects" he's looking at are to the left of the sun, not to the right.
3) He did it from the bottom up, but he's using the sun as point of reference to then go to the "objects" that are to the left of such.
4) The "objects" shape shift not to where the camera is going, they just shift or change shape. I though that was due to clouds in the sky, but I think is because of the poor quality of the video.
5) That's because the primary source of light is the sun, which happens to be the most powerful source of light at the moment. Besides, he moves the camera too quick and doesn't focus for a period of time to see any details of another weaker shadow.
6) Some people just don't want to be bothered. The guy didn't tell the UPS guy that there was another "sun" in the sky. The guy with the camera could have been dressed weird, thus the UPS guy didn't want to be bothered by some one like that. I know, I lived my whole life in NYC; people have places to go and things to do.
7) Again, read explanation 1.

Your conclusion could be right, but then again, he shows the flare from the camera and then move to the objects.

The guy could be fooling all of us just to get some attention. I look at he sun everyday (because of my job I could do it for hours), protecting my eyes of course, and I have never seen another object or "sun" yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Please...there is no day that should be described as being able to, "comfortably able to look at the Sun." You should never look at the Sun without appropriate protection. Even welding glasses is inadequate. Recommending or insinuating persons can do this at anytime without appropriate protection is extremely irresponsible.

Not at all.....When there is sufficient high level cirrus cloud, you can look at the sun quite comfortably, the same if there is fog....you can see the sun as a white disc, not particularly bright at all.

I would certainly not advocate looking at the sun directly on a clear day.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
My face when it just occurred to me how many people are going to go blind this year staring up at the sun looking for anomalies:

Not me sun dog I got my grey lite 14 on hand.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Great post and the guy filming was right when we go into 5th d we will be a binary system.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmacev
Don't know if this was pointed out in the thread or not, but people looking at the Sun would NOT see the object if it's only visible in infrared spectrum. Now if one uses any kind of digital camera, the object would be visible, because digital cameras detect infrared light. You can test it yourself by pointing your TV remote to your phones camera.
Now keeping that in mind and the idea that the object is only visible in certain areas of the world and at certain times only, this all idea doesn't look that much crazy, or does it?
edit on 14-8-2012 by gmacev because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-8-2012 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

I think gmacev made a good point here. Digital cameras do pick up infrared light and his point about the TV remote is an excellent way to prove it. Just press any button on the remote such as the power button while pointing your cell phone camera at the end of your remote and you should see a light being emitted from it that you can't see normally.

I doubt a whole lot of people sit around looking at or filming the sun with digital cameras but I do have to admit that someone else probably would have. Maybe it was only visible like that for a very brief time. The person filming never said whether the second sun was visible to the naked eye or not and when he asked the mail man to look, he may have been asking him to look through his camera which could also explain why the guy didn't want to look at it.

I haven't really seen anyone debunk this idea yet and it seems the most plausible to me. If it is a hoax, I don't think it's been exposed yet in this thread in that none of the debunkers have provided a hoax explanation that produces a similar enough image, from what I've seen.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The second sun only reveals itself to the worthy. You must use a cheap camera and not a telescope, otherwise little sun will run back behind big sun and hide.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Lost on page 6...

That's the best video of a "2nd sun" that I've seen.

Here's the obvious debunking sundog instructional video...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If you think that is adequate protection for looking at the Sun, then you are foolish.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I am sorry, but unless you can post supporting documentation for your claim, then you are in error. I do not care what kind of clouds obscure the sun...you should never view the sun without adequate eye protection...and welder goggles/screens do not cut the mustard...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Sorry but I don't need to look at a youtube video. There are 7BILLION people on this planet and the sun has shone down all but about 200 of them in the past 24 hours. Do you not think that the whole world would be going mental by now? There would be millions of religious folks all across the globe on their hands and knees.

Sorry but a simple reality check is all that is needed as is the case with anything in the sky that is visible by everybody on the planet. eg sun, moon, second sun, inverted moon, motherships next to moon or sun, sunrise, sunset etc etc

FYI - 200 at the south pole which is midwinter right now and no sunshine.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
edit on 15-8-2012 by InfiniteConsciousness because: erroneous post

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteConsciousness

And for those who wish to view the Sun, here are safe ways to do so...Note the welder glasses serve as filters for sighting, not to be used as direct eye protection...

Safe Viewing of the Sun
edit on 15-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join