Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

August 13 2012 Video of very clear Second Sun....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Considering the video is shot in the USA, how is it that this "second sun" is not visible to everyone.....everyday?.....why does it only seem to magically appear on crappy youtube videos?

Surely on a day with high altitude cirrus cloud, where you can comfortably look at the sun, we would see this "second sun" right besides it wouldn't we?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Please...there is no day that should be described as being able to, "comfortably able to look at the Sun." You should never look at the Sun without appropriate protection. Even welding glasses is inadequate. Recommending or insinuating persons can do this at anytime without appropriate protection is extremely irresponsible.
edit on 14-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
whatever it is, im fairly confident in saying that it is NOT a sundog. nibiru/planet x ..probably not. a nearby planet maybe? i mean he does say like 1000 times hes zoomed in. it could be a star, just zoomed way in? sometimes video camera capture alot of light and things appear brighter then normal, and next to the sun, im sure his camera autofocus is having a field day.

maybe its whatever planet/object this is?

Remember everyone is right, until proven otherwise.
edit on 14-8-2012 by shadowplaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Another sun? Lol. Sorry that is funny.

It takes 365 (366 this year) for Earth to rotate around the big sun. Wouldn't the additional sun be visible at night when we rotate a few months down the road?
edit on 14-8-2012 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well, 5 pages of comment and still no-one has a viable opinion on what the hell this guys video shows.
He does a lot of panning around so ruling out the usual window reflection hoaxes. If its fake does anyone have any idea how it was done? It's clearly not a sun dog, there are hundreds of examples of that phenomena on the net and this doesn't match any of them. Also, this would not explain the creepy, almost face like red spherical image above the "second sun".

I think a real star appearing so large in the daytime sky is pretty impossible (I hope) but the only other viable explanation, other than a really expensive studio standard fake (which this sure don't seem like) is an object reflecting the sunlight in a particularly weird way. In fact, given the scale when compared to the real sun next to it, it would have to be huge.

Or else Blofeld is alive and well and has made his solar powered laser satellite operational!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If someone has some legitimate ideas of how this was possibly perpetrated as a hoax I'd be happy to hear them.

This second Sun stuff is driving me crazy as well, many of them on youtube are hoaxes, sun dogs, lens flares - but like UFO's there are a small minority that can't be explained away.

Anyway, I was doing some futher research on Second Sun's today and came across this video series which could be entitled: Second Suns Explained

The answer is a little different from what I thought, but still mind blowing. Much of what is presented in the video series is straight from NASA's own footage - much of which is gone now or heavily edited.

I'm not convinced about the conclusions of the author, however after watching these videos there should be no doubt that NASA has heavily edited and censored much footage - FACT - and you have to ask yourself WHY?

Not trying to prove myself right, but I have said all along NASA cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Watch this and you'll laugh at their little dog and pony show distraction on Mars.

Sorry, these are a little long, only for the true intrepid sleuths/truth seekers, in some I'd skim over the scroll bar to get to the points of the video that brought up new text on the screen to speed things up.

Even though the person seems somewhat knowledgeable, they unfortunately have poor spelling, but this wouldn't be a major make or break factor for me - I have known many very smart people with poor spelling.

Parts 1-5 in order:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm curious why he could film this sun, then I can step outside, take a photo of the sun and not see this "second sun". Does it zip in/out of our solar system? Is it only visible at a certain time? I can step outside and take a photo of the sun anytime you want (well, as long as it is daytime).

Please, tell me when this second sun will be out again so I can photograph it as well.

(or maybe I work for "the man"....
)
edit on 14-8-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Have you heard of the story "the boy who cried wolf"?

READ IT!!

Great moral to the story.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
I'm curious why he could film this sun, then I can step outside, take a photo of the sun and not see this "second sun". Does it zip in/out of our solar system? Is it only visible at a certain time? I can step outside and take a photo of the sun anytime you want (well, as long as it is daytime).

Please, tell me when this second sun will be out again so I can photograph it as well.

(or maybe I work for "the man"....
)
edit on 14-8-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

That is certainly a legitimate question and one I ask myself.

This poster however has an answer and said it better than I could.

Originally posted by Haknow

Secondly, for those who say "if there was a second sun we should all see it by now" - you clearly don't understand anything about astronomy, physics, and in particular the nature of elliptical orbits in connection with the earth's own revolution around the sun.

Just like our common stars/ solar planets aren't visible all day in the same location, an incoming object could very well only be visible at specific hours in certain locations at varying angles, with a periodicity very different than those of our solar planets.

That being said, I do not claim this video is legit. Some things about it bother me, though I can't quite make out what it is.

I just believe we should steer clear of ignorant debunking claims.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes
Have you heard of the story "the boy who cried wolf"?

READ IT!!

Great moral to the story.

Have you read the story of how Winston Churchill warned of the impending Nazi threat in the 1930's and was all but ignored by everyone?

From what you are saying does it logically follow that warnings that are repeated and ignored never come to fruition?

Are you saying we shouldn't speculate about conspiracies on a conspiracy website?

edit on 14-8-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I work outside 7 days a week trimming hedges. Every hedge I do makes me look up at the sun pretty much, and yes, I wear shaded safety glasses for protection.

I will conclude my comment by saying I have not seen one double sun ANY TIME SOON...well, at least not in Canada. I also carry my HD camera for before/after pictures of the work I do. And TRUST ME, if I had seen something like this in the sky, it would have already been posted here on ATS in full 720 HD.

This is a HOAX. Move along people. Now I am hungry, time to eat a hotdog.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

He answered nothing why don't you answer the question

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Nazis most certainly existed... there is a difference

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryScotsman

I still think the person is using a window pane to create the hoax. That window pane could be something directly attached to the camera to produce this effect. It does not have to be independent of the camera.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You Dufus Moron!!! You think that a homemade video taken on the streets apparently of traffic lights with no corroboration of any kind from anyone of any respected field of study into astronomy should be posted on here as ground breaking news to the world.

Grow up and get a life.

Now I do believe in the "possibility" of Nibiru, Planet X, Wormwood of the Bible, A Second Sun in the far outer reaches with its own planetary systems hidden because it doesnt admit the same light ours does and circles our sun as a binary system".

But I'm not going to post up any bull crap homemade video without any corroboration from respected fields of study in those areas that matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's a sundog...
ALSO, why are there labels right before opening this thread that says UN on each side in red and blue????

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The reason lens flares and sun dogs show up is most camera lenses are comprised of multiple elements. The light is reflected off an inner element back to an outer element and the CCD picks it up as a "second source" of light.

Due to the spherical shape of the lenses, the reflected light orbits the primary light as you move the camera. That effect is clearly obvious with the red lens flare. What is weird about this is we don't get the orbiting effect with the second sun just the flare from it.

The red color is caused from a prismatic effect from the optical coating of the lens. If you wet a camera lens with water or lense cleaner you can more easily see the prismatic effect.

I give it a rating of most likely reflection of the flat lens protecting filter and the red flare from the coating on the main lens.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It is a reflection in a "window pane." The issue is to get 2 pieces of glass that are parallel, but not parallel to the optical axis of the lens system of the camera. Here is a video showing how to create this hoax.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

If he had anything attached to the camera, would the reflection not move as the camera panned?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davolobos

Try saving the petty insults for the playground and apply your obviously limited intellect to working out HOW this video could be faked.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join