It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 13 2012 Video of very clear Second Sun....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Thanks, I check out that website as well when I'm going to the beach. Some incredibly high readings in the Southern US.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Some of those glyphs seem to me that they are saying that when the sun becomes too powerful (maybe global warming??) it will create a massive hot spell that will dry everything out.....

I see the picture with the dead tree, the dead fish (because the water is dried up??).......Possibly explaining global hot spell that will end all life as we know it.....

When all water dries up, all trees die, and everything dries up, that would mean life as we know it can no longer be....

That is what I see from the pictures anyways....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Sure, good points, I will concede my interpretation is certainly not the only possible one, but two of the pictures have UP arrows, and one seems to indicate people should run upstream, up into the mountains - if these warnings were just about drought you would think they would indicate people should go to lakes, rivers, oceans or rainforests or something like that. What do droughts have to do with going up?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Man, wasted a little bit of my lunch hour on a vid of an internal reflection in a cheap camera...Of course, then I took the time to reply, so I guess I'll quit whining

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
I'm not even going to check the video because the freeze frame looks like that of traffic lights.

Traffic lights ? that stopped you ? Read Much ?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is a really cool find and I agree w/ those that state no to the sunDog theroy. A planet or sun? Don't think that either...

I'm keeping an open mind and can't wait to see what comes of it!

Great thread

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If there was a big bright spot the size of our moon sitting next to the sun in the sky, it would be GLOBAL news... No one would be able to cover it up, and we definitely wouldnt be hearing about it from some moron who swears too much...

If this was true, it would be ALL OVER THE NEWS....
edit on 14-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I just walked outside and put on welders glasses to look at the Sun.
Again.
I do this everytime I see a thread pop up about this lunacy.

*sigh*

There's no "second sun".
Not today, at least.
Sorry to burst any hoaxers bubbles.

Hoax bin, next....

-

Myself personally I just look at this picture:

Astrophotographer Alan Friedman produced stunning results from his backyard in Buffalo, New York, when he put a webcam and a telescope together in front of a high-end filter.

www.happynews.com...

I know these amateur astronomers are out there looking at the sun with good optics, thereby negating most every possibility of the YT videos catching anything more than some idiot directing cheap optics in a way they are not meant to be used.

-

But cheers to you for actually going out and looking. I think I broke my welding goggles purposely after doing that a few times...
edit on 14-8-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Don't know what this is, looking forward to attempts to debunk, as I have no clue. Seems legit, I just wish the UPS guy would have taken a look but indeed, too stuck in the matrix

this is so true and why "millions" of people would never see it coming. is 30 seconds worth not seeing a second sun? according to random UPS person : yes. we have been brainwashed to look down.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I checked out part of the video.

1. We see a bright object on the right - probably the Sun
2. We see a bright object move with respect to the Sun when the camera moves
3. We see 2 bright objects which do not move relative to the Sun

The bright object that moves relative to the Sun is a lens flare.

The seemingly stationary pair of objects are reflections outside of the camera and thus not lens flares. They are reflections of the Sun right in front of the camera probably due to a window.

This is not the first posting of such a hoax. These sorts of videos have been posted multiple times and they are hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If this is real then it should have been spotted on the STEREO images or by any of thousands of solar observers worldwide.

This is such an obvious hoax it is amazing this hoax has not been branded as such by the third post.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Secondly, for those who say "if there was a second sun we should all see it by now" - you clearly don't understand anything about astronomy, physics, and in particular the nature of elliptical orbits in connection with the earth's own revolution around the sun.

No one needs to know anything about astronomy to ascertain a second sun. If there was a second sun, we would all see it by now. Certainly, everyone is this joker's neighborhood would have seen it...everyone in his immediate vicinity would have seen it, and we would have news reports pouring in from all over...please, spare us the irrelevant crapola about needing to understand astronomy and orbital mechanics in this case.

There is a video here. The person who recorded the video posted the video, purporting a second sun. If it was, this means all other people in the area were able to also see the same thing. If they saw it, then they did not think it a big deal and understood what they were seeing. If they did not understand, then they would be asking questions en masse.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
how can anyone believe anything about there being a second sun or nibiru or anything in these type of videos?

What, its too hard to go outside and look up?

We havn't been brain washed to look down, its just that if we looked up and saw something like that video, everyone would know and the majority would panic.

The only way you could even think its real is if you think the sky is a hologram and the guy was able to catch a glimpse of it cracking. Even then more people should see it

Reality, the universe is awesome. People need to stop looking for reasons to be terrified or fear the end
edit on 14-8-2012 by streetcleaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
I don't see why we all HAVE to see this second planet either. We're living in an infinite universe, how arrogant to come here and dictate that what little laws of nature we know, should rule over the entire universe...

Everything is possible in infinity, I don't have an explanation, but to me, that's better than trying to fit everything in the current frame of knowledge we have, and when it doesn't fit, just simply discard it as a hoax... It's not because you don't know it that it doesn't exists, I'm sure there are plenty of possible explanations for a star that would not be visible the entire time or to the entire globe, even if you have to go as far as interdimentionality etc, who are you to tell me it's NOT possible?...

Generally speaking, 3rd density reality as we are currently experiencing it is a relatively stable thing. Probabilities of things happening "outside the norm" are in the 1 : (insert ridiculously large number here), not exactly 50/50 or even 1%.
edit on 14-8-2012 by fourthmeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Don't know if this was pointed out in the thread or not, but people looking at the Sun would NOT see the object if it's only visible in infrared spectrum. Now if one uses any kind of digital camera, the object would be visible, because digital cameras detect infrared light. You can test it yourself by pointing your TV remote to your phones camera.
Now keeping that in mind and the idea that the object is only visible in certain areas of the world and at certain times only, this all idea doesn't look that much crazy, or does it?

edit on 14-8-2012 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

please, spare us the irrelevant crapola about needing to understand astronomy and orbital mechanics in this case.

Science is never irrelevant, in my view.

But then, perhaps it is for those willing to deny, distort and twist the evidence, or other member's replies?

Please, spare us your ignorant comments - and, when quoting a response, be sure to include ALL of the relevant paragraphs, not just the ones that fit the angle you're trying to push.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

well apparently according to Aristotle your wrong. this is something above the sun. Aristotle says:

Aristotle (Meteorology III.2, 372a14) notes that "two mock suns rose with the sun and followed it all through the day until sunset." He says that "mock suns" are always to the side, never above or below, most commonly at sunrise or sunset, more rarely in the middle of the day.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

If you watch the whole video he is outside the entire time, I know he is annoying to listen to, but it is kind of weird.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Myself personally I just look at this picture:

Oooooooo!

That's pretty! Thanks for sharing the pic!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

I was going to call you an idiot and a few other choice words for making such a wise-ass comment.Then I watched the video.I somehow feel stupider for having done so.My Bad. Although it is obviously not a traffic signal,neither is it anything newsworthy.Just your common sundog.Moving on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join