It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 13 2012 Video of very clear Second Sun....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ParacelsusPontifex

The poster who took the trouble to post this definitely has "thought this through." I very much doubt he would have just unleashed this on us (and risk ridicule and scorn) without anything to "back" this up

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Please tell us where the OP has backed up anything at all.

PS This is the 9th page.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by randyvs

I do. not care what you have been doing for years...unless you have a freaking medical degree or can post a valid authoritative source that clearly contradicts what I have posted, then you and your opinion is just that and both of you can go take a flying leap...

You can do as you wish with your own eyes but you are misleading others and acting deliberately ignorant.

No one is misleading anyone, if one wishes to follow a path is it not on their own choices, whether they have been deceived or not, responsibility for ones own actions rely solely on themselves and to try and blame others for their own actions is ignorant.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow im convinced......... Those 'petroglyphs' where probably drawn by bored kids back in those days. They are about as meaningless as this reeeeeetarded video..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The poster who took the trouble to post this definitely has "thought this through." I very much doubt he would have just unleashed this on us (and risk ridicule and scorn) without anything to "back" this up

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Please tell us where the OP has backed up anything at all.

PS This is the 9th page.

I did not say he has necessarily backed this up-------

I am saying he is definitely confident in his assertions and has definitely considered whether he can be laughed out of here or not.

OTOH, people immediately jumped on this as a "sun dog."

Ok-----can "sundog" be proven definitely? Explain why you think this is definite. Or something else.

Just like the OP has to back this up, so do the skeptics as well.

I am at least saying this deserves more careful consideration. If it is just a natural "illusion," so be it.

Not total dismissal off at the beginning without evidence itself.

That makes one a debunker, not a skeptic.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You might try reading the thread. It is clear you have not.

The OP has responded multiple times and has not made any effort to back up this obviously hoax video.

On the other hand I posted a video which shows how it is simple to make such a hoax.

I am at least saying this deserves more careful consideration.

Read the thread. I provided reasons for and against certain issues.

That makes one a debunker, not a skeptic.

You mean scoffer.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by miniatus

As for #1 .. for all we know, these guys could be hoaxers and have a piece of glass mounted in front of the camera to get that effect =) could explain why the video quality is horrid.. pushing it, but hey..
edit on 8/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

I know what you are saying and this could be a hoax, but if you watch the whole video you'll see it pans it around the yard when the UPS or FedEx guy shows up at his apartment complex, so there is nothing taped/attached to his camera. He may have hung some lights in the yard........that is what I am trying to discern - I can't see any wires or strings, they don't appear to be swaying, where could he have hung them from etc.

I am open to the possibility that this is real or fake. We certainly have hundreds of tales of such things from ancient cultures in the past - it is not like Nibiru/Planet X is some new phenomenon.

edit on 14-8-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

Open to the possibility?

So you won’t accept that it’s a sundog or other atmospheric phenomena or anything scientific for that matter. You might accept that it’s a hoax…

Okay, respond to this: If it’s there, how come I can’t see it? How come millions and millions of people cannot see it? Just this video, that’s it.

Think!

It does not take much to discredit this video, so why are you so determined to claim that it is something it is not?

Also, if an object that bright, assuming that is a star (a star! can’t be a planet/brown dwarf it wouldn’t be that bright, not even with a high albedo), would be close or massive or both. Think about what the moon does to the Earth – TIDAL FORCES. Let alone a real double star would have on the earth.

THINK!

I understand the desire for there to more in life. I do. But there are far more interesting and real phenomena to be in awe of.

edit on 16-8-2012 by kisharninmah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There is going to be one hell of a battle when it comes. Obviously the military is getting ready for it. Many would probably die from the quake.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
I'm not even going to check the video because the freeze frame looks like that of traffic lights.

Looks like one of those lights attached to wires. You can clearly see wires of some sort at the beginning. thats when I stopped.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
An excellent video clearly showing 2 Suns. The smaller sun is not a "sundog" or "lens flare" as many have claimed. Any time an excellent photograph or a video clearly showing 2 Suns is filmed, the same empty, factless excuses are given by the " Arm Chair Scientist's " who claim to know everything but actually know nothing.

Also excellent photo's of the ancient petroglyphs of ancient peoples clearly depicting in their paintings and carvings Exactly what they had seen in their time.

I also find it extremely hilarious how that all of the " Arm Chair Scientist's " will Instantly Believe Any Photograph that Nasa will show them of the moon landing, or the mars landing photographs taken Millions of Miles away from earth. Then turn around and declare that a Photograph taken from right here on Earth is somehow " Not Real " or is a Hoax. And always using the same " Buzz Word " Excuses for their - Quote: " Scientific Evaluation's " which in fact displays their Ultimate Hypocricy of any real knowledge in any known scientific field of research.

edit on 8/16/2012 by chrisb9 because: correct typo

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9
An excellent video clearly showing 2 Suns. The smaller sun is not a "sundog" or "lens flare" as many have claimed. Any time an excellent photograph or a video clearly showing 2 Suns is filmed, the same empty, factless excuses are given by the " Arm Chair Scientist's " who claim to know everything but actually know nothing.

Also excellent photo's of the ancient petroglyphs of ancient peoples clearly depicting in their paintings and carvings Exactly what they had seen in their time.

I also find it extremely hilarious how that all of the " Arm Chair Scientist's " will Instantly Believe Any Photograph that Nasa will show them of the moon landing, or the mars landing photographs taken Millions of Miles away from earth. Then turn around and declare that a Photograph taken from right here on Earth is somehow " Not Real " or is a Hoax. And always using the same " Buzz Word " Excuses for their - Quote: " Scientific Evaluation's " which in fact displays their Ultimate Hypocracy of any real knowledge in any known scientific field of research.

edit on 8/16/2012 by chrisb9 because: correct typo

You don’t need to be scientist. Just basic physics and astronomy that you learned in grade school. Of course, anything anyone says that contradicts what you believe will be met with the same pseudo-logic that you just displayed. So, I won’t even bother. I will inform others who would read your comment, don’t take anyone’s word for it then. Go get welder’s glasses (google it) and look for yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Seems rather clear that you fit into your own category of someone who actually knows nothing. The video is not clear and certainly does not show 2 Suns. The smaller Sun is a reflection made by a double pane in front of the camera.

And just what is it that they had seen in their time? There is zero evidence that petroglyphs record anything they saw. Petroglyphs often show 3 horned big horn sheep. Was that a creature they hunted?

I also find it extremely hilarious how that all of the " Arm Chair Scientist's " will Instantly Believe Any Photograph that Nasa will show them of the moon landing, or the mars landing photographs taken Millions of Miles away from earth. Then turn around and declare that a Photograph taken from right here on Earth is somehow " Not Real " or is a Hoax. And always using the same " Buzz Word " Excuses for their - Quote: " Scientific Evaluation's " which in fact displays their Ultimate Hypocricy of any real knowledge in any known scientific field of research.

You are easily amused and quite mistaken. You also seem rather prone to hoaxes. Talk about being gullible. Did I mention arrogant? I should have mentioned it.

The means of producing such a hoax has already been posted as a video and explained as well for those like me that are video intolerant.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Where did I ask anyone for anything in that post? I said this: "Please...there is no day that should be described as being able to, "comfortably able to look at the Sun." You should never look at the Sun without appropriate protection. Even welding glasses is inadequate. Recommending or insinuating persons can do this at anytime without appropriate protection is extremely irresponsible."

You replied to me:

Its the opposite actually, listening to claims without truly understanding them is irresponsible.

What does this sentence mean, relative to my post...

Claiming not to know then claiming what it isn't is irresponsible and ignorant.

What the hell does this mean???

Continuously posting youtube vids of wild claims that can be debunked by going outside is irresponsible.

I have never posted a youtube vid on this site. Are you sober?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

An excellent video clearly showing 2 Suns.

Which is the second Sun, the red or white "object"?

Not counting lens flares there are three "objects" in the video. One of them is actually visible in the sky and that would be the Sun. Your claim of 2 Suns leaves one of the objects unidentified. What then is the "object" that is not the second Sun?

Any time an excellent photograph or a video clearly showing 2 Suns is filmed, the same empty, factless excuses are given by the " Arm Chair Scientist's " who claim to know everything but actually know nothing.

It's your time to shine. Dazzle us with your brilliance.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Oh, you mean this post...where I was talking to another poster and you saw fit to interject a coment about your personal experience...

Like I said to the other people here...what you do with your own eyes is fine and dandy...but you cannot tell me anyone with any kind of intelligence would look at the Sun with unprotected eyes...only uninformed and ignorant people would do such a thing...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The really sad part is the person that shot the video has the right to vote.

Maybe there should be a test you have to pass first.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I posted a number of videos showing the following thread that illustrate why this thread should be moved to the hoax bin.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video in the OP is a lame hoax.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You must be kidding.

You posted a video "showing how easy it is to make such a hoax"? And how is that supposed to be a valid form of "debunking"?

The attitude with which you systematically, immediately and arrogantly dismiss anything that is even scarcely outside the norm, the passive-aggressive way in which you try to marginalize other people, the pseudo-scientific language in which you parade in an attempt to appear "rational" and "credible" is frankly ridiculous and intolerable.

The more I read your posts, the more I realize there is nothing rational about them, nothing sincere. But it is the way in which you appropriate and confiscate science for the purpose of shutting down debate which is most shameful.

This thread is presenting compelling visual evidence of something that has yet to be explained. Either you explain it based on the evidence, or you admit you can't. But don't try to intimidate people and shut down the discussion, I don't care who you think you are. This site is for all members. the OP is making an honest and laudable attempt to discuss this evidence. If you are not able to have a real discussion, please leave this thread.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Haknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

You must be kidding.

You posted a video "showing how easy it is to make such a hoax"? And how is that supposed to be a valid form of "debunking"?

The attitude with which you systematically, immediately and arrogantly dismiss anything that is even scarcely outside the norm, the passive-aggressive way in which you try to marginalize other people, the pseudo-scientific language in which you parade in an attempt to appear "rational" and "credible" is frankly ridiculous and intolerable.

The more I read your posts, the more I realize there is nothing rational about them, nothing sincere. But it is the way in which you appropriate and confiscate science for the purpose of shutting down debate which is most shameful.

This thread is presenting compelling visual evidence of something that has yet to be explained. Either you explain it based on the evidence, or you admit you can't. But don't try to intimidate people and shut down the discussion, I don't care who you think you are. This site for all members. the OP is making an honest and laudable attempt to discuss this evidence. If you are not able to have a real discussion, please leave this thread.

Whining gets you nowhere, but whine and complain all you want.

You seem to have missed the point of the videos I posted. They show how easy it is to create a hoax video. That is in response to all of those that suggest it would not be easy to hoax the video and that the video shows a second Sun rather than a bright spot.

The video is in no way compelling. It is a typical lame hoax video.

Maybe you fell for the hoax and can't bear to admit it? Maybe you are close minded and unwilling to accept the evidence which clearly shows that hoaxes such as the lame video in the OP are easy to make.

You also neglect to consider the other evidence against such a situation:
1. Earth's orbit has not changed
2. No increased heating of the Earth
3. Lack of multiple shadows
4. No changes to sunrise/sunset
5. No changes to tides
6. No evidence seen on solar telescopes
7. No evidence seen by STEREO
8. Nobody else sees this

Sometimes when posters spend too much attacking other posters they forget to read the thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

We really need a 'Face Palm' and 'Banging Head Against The Wall' emoticon on this site.

Question Everything...but use some COMMON SENSE.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join