It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Ron Paul's discontent supporters get Obama elected?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Im glad you realize whats going on. I am with you in that only 34% of all ELIGIBLE voters actually voted for Obama. 70,000,000/205,000,000. How is that a majority? What if there were only 15 registered voters? Would the man with 8 votes still win majority even though our population is in the millions. If you CAN NOT secure 50+% of ALL REGISTERED voters, then obviously we didnt like our choices and we should try again. Thats the problem, the system sucks and a small majority gets to dictate to the REAL majority.

I think thats also why you are seeing corruption, cronyism, and hypocrisy run rampant through Washington. They KNOW we are disenfranchised with this farce democracy and they are doing EVERYTHING they can to hold onto their precious 'power'. Problem is, we truly have the numbers to put behind a candidate or stand up and fight if we need to. With all the dissent among the Democratic party and the unpopularity of Romney, I think there are upwards of 100 Million citizens whom are eligible to vote that could really bring about some change.

I guess im just stupid though, and going with a man who won with like 34% is a much better option.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I decided a while ago that I am better than voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and so is our country. Either way you are still voting for evil and i like to think there is no evil in my heart. So therefore I cant back an evil candidate, no matter how much less evil he/she is than the other option.

(On a side note, i am not saying i cant be mean at times, just that i feel my heart is filled with love and not with hate, at least thats how I feel and try to conduct myself)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes We Can!

A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Liberty and Freedom. What's the point in voting for puppets? They're inanimate.

This comming from someone who was fooled into voting for Obama in 2008. He seemed "real" and I didn't do enough of my own research. Look at us now.

The lesser of two evils does not apply when they are both bought and paid by the same source of evil.

So free yourself, vote Ron Pual.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Regaurdless of how you veiw things, It is not the Ron Paul supporters that may get Obamma reelected. It is the morons that vote for Obamma that might get Obama reelected.
Based on your logic it will be the Romney supporters that may get Obamma reelected.
Really quit trying to blame the Paul supporters for everything. Ron Paul is the only real candidate out there....
So what we are supposed to vote for Romney cuz we might split the vote.
Maybe you should vote for Ron Paul cuz you might split the vote....
Ron Paul suppporters stand for justice and freedom( the constitution).... We Will not change our minds ,nor should we be expected to.
What do those other two candidates stand for? Never mind we already know....
Ron Paul 2012 Acept no substitute...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

What's more important?

Voting for someone that has no chance? (Paul)
Voting for someone Paul opposed? (Obama)
Voting for someone who agrees with Paul at least on some of the issues? (Romney)

That is chicken fodder and you know it....
I would have expected more from you.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
"Will Ron Paul's discontent supporters get Obama elected?"

The OP's question seems to ask if Ron Paul has discontented his supporters to the extent they will vote for Obama in droves large enough to get him re-elected?? No. There might be a scant smattering but not enough to matter. Can't please everyone but I doubt it would be Dr. Paul that caused their discontent.

Does the OP's question really ask if Ron Paul's supporters might otherwise vote for whoever the RNC nominates instead of Paul? Same answer, no, though there might be a few, but why should they?

All along it would appear the RNC, with help from the media, has been doing what it can to marginalize Paul. Now the RNC is doing everything possible to disenfranchise Paul's duly elected delegates. If they cannot play fair and allow their own voters their vote in the Convention then it would seem it is no longer the Grand Old Party it once was. Are they really afraid that on a fair and even play field that Paul might pull out a win? Or do they simply want to avoid the appearance that they are not as united behind their candidate as they actually are not? In that case I don't care to contribute to their deception either.

Now more than ever I want to see what happens at the Convention before deciding how I wish to proceed and what I will have to say and post about the state of affairs. Paul had more than enough states' plurality of delegates to be nominated, and it remains to be seen if he could wn that nomination. My hunch is that he would not but if the RNC has their way we will never know and the answer to that question will have been obscured by dishonesty among the party officials. My faith in the process is shakey as it is so the Convention for me will be all about honesty, integrity, and trust in the system.

Come what may I will not be voting for Obama. If he should get re-elected it will not be for receiving my vote. If his opposition disgraces themselves and Obama wins then that just might have played a part in his victory.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join