It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Ron Paul's discontent supporters get Obama elected?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

With the ongoing disputes between Ron Paul supporters and the RNC, it could be the election may be tipped in Obama's favor simply for that reason. You think?

Of course, latest point of contention is the Louisiana delegate situation detailed here: www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Yeah right. The media portrayed RP supporters as super low numbers of no consequence to anything. But they sure do matter now all of sudden and could cost the GOP the election??

You know what? Screw the examiner and screw the media.
Fricken ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I really don't care what happens if I write in Ron Paul.

I refuse to give my consent to any of the two clowns running by voting for them, for once in my life I am voting my conscious and not for who they tell me to.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I refuse to give my consent to any of the two clowns running by voting for them, for once in my life I am voting my conscious and not for who they tell me to.

You Sir, have my eternal respect for that view and that action, no matter how we may disagree on ANYTHING else around ATS.
That's the way it should have always been- but these media germ rats keep wanting to tell people otherwise.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I truly think it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You Sir, have my eternal respect for that view and that action, no matter how we may disagree on ANYTHING else around ATS. That's the way it should have always been- but these media germ rats keep wanting to tell people otherwise.

Truly no mater our differences we are all Americans, the polarization of the two parties and the death of compromise between them is the down fall of America.

I live in CA, and no matter what I vote CA goes dem, so where is my voice heard? where does my Vote mater? All of a sudden it seems like the media cares what the RP supporters are doing...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I also have a great deal of respect for your position. It's probably the only thing we'll ever agree on, so I wanted to say something.

I don't think Ron Paul's supporters will make a difference in the election outcome. I don't think he's going to come away with any electoral votes.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Nope the blame is on the RNC for not having smart enough strategists.

They knew that the GOP and RNC consisted of of the following voters: "Anyone but Obama" and "Ron Paul supporters"

Mitt Romney= "Anyone but Obama" supporters.
Ron Paul = "Anyone but Obama" + "Ron Paul supporters"

Yet they picked the guy that they knew was going to cost them the most votes within their own base.

Ofcourse that would only matter if their was a difference between the RNC and the DNC. The reason they did it is because they care about which candidate can be controlled and not which party is in control. They also needed to ensure that both candidates are for bigger gov't and hence ObamNey 2012. They win we lose!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What's more important?

Voting for someone that has no chance? (Paul)
Voting for someone Paul opposed? (Obama)
Voting for someone who agrees with Paul at least on some of the issues? (Romney)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There have been other threads on here where I posted my vote for Ron Paul and have received ridicule, one of them accusing me that casting a vote for Paul would cast a vote for Obama. Whatever, like said poster above I am still writing in my vote, even if it doesn't count. If it's rigged like so many here on ATS say, then what difference does it make who I vote for?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, if any of that matters, can you explain to me how we have a democratic prez that continued along the exact same lines as the previous Rep?.

Sure on minor difference they act like it matters, but on overall policy sure seems to be the same crap different name.

What's more important? Voting for someone that has no chance? (Paul) Voting for someone Paul opposed? (Obama) Voting for someone who agrees with Paul at least on some of the issues? (Romney)

Also if your in a majority Dem or REP state, your vote truely doesn't matter in the first place.

The founders of this country had a Snowballs chance of hell beating the British, yet they still tried.
edit on 14-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's too bad that the GOP picked the WRONG Paul.

In fact, the pick of Paul Ryan just cost them the election because once the older voting bloc finds out what Ryan wants to do with SS, etc, they won't go to the polls for him.

Sure, there are party liners but Seniors are very sensitive to SS, etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What's more important?

Voting for someone that has no chance? (Paul)
Voting for someone Paul opposed? (Obama)
Voting for someone who agrees with Paul at least on some of the issues? (Romney)

Whats more important is for the people to WAKE UP and realize the real problem and unite as AMERICANS and not as Republicans or Democrats. This election is a lost and ObamNey 2012 is their win. You are on the American citizens team and the game is:

(American citizens ) versus the (Lobbyist ,special interest groups,RNC,DNC,MEDIA )

Sorry but you are being played , if for a second you even think that the special interest groups and lobbyist are taking 50/50 changes with the amount of money that is being thrown in Washington.

Voting this election is a waste if its a ObamNey ticket: If we have any hope then IMO I think the following has to be done:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The most singular difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats want a larger government.
Republicans have been co-opted by the progressives but not as badly as the democrats.

It all comes down ceding more control to government.

The democrats want us there yesterday.

At least the republicans have been hampered by people within their own party in terms of government growth.

The alternative is to throw hands in the air and raise the white flag.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The most singular difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats want a larger government.

I think Jessie Ventura said it best when he said that the only difference between Dems and Reps is that the Dems go "cash and carry" with their spending. Reps just charge it and try to figure out how to pay for it later.

Republicans have been co-opted by the progressives but not as badly as the democrats.

There are progressives in the Dem party, but I think it jives with their ideology. So I would not say they have been co-opted.

Republicans have been co-opted by Neo Cons. I have never seen one progressive idea come out of the GOP and a progressive would not last 5 mins in the GOP.

At least the republicans have been hampered by people within their own party in terms of government growth.

Whom did the hampering? Even with the election of Tea Party folks to congress, there has not been a slow down in spending by either party. In fact, Tea Party man Paul Ryan is on the Budget commiittee and they have never been able to come up with a budget that both sides can agree with.

They may cut certain things out, but the funds are shuffled elsewhere and spent. So there has not been any force within the GOP to pull back spending. It has gone on as usual.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I do vote for every election and I've never opted for a write in...

I don't remember seeing a write in option and for sure I just never paid attention as I went straight for my candidate....

So for Pres elections, there is a write in option? If so, I will do this... And I can still put in Ron Paul? Only checking man, and yes I could research myself, but since you brought it up that would save me some time...

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Every election there is a write in option.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I will at least vote for someone that is in the race. Gary Johnson has my vote.

Not that it matters.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: page reloaded

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The alternative is to throw hands in the air and raise the white flag.

Thats where my view differs.

To me NOT voting my Conscious no matter the chance of winning is throwing up my hands and raising the white flag.

Every-time an American chose to not vote for who they want to be president, simply because of the fear the other guy would win, That is giving up, That is why America is in the shape it is in.

As is 30% of the pop votes, if we all got off our asses and voted our Conscious we would see the change we really want.

Instead everyone is tied into the "i have to vote for my party" OR my vote doesn't matter.

The result is you get two candidates that pander to the extremes as those people tend to be the die hard voters.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
America has been governed by the republican/democrats for over a hundred years.
For anyone to think one party got us in this mess is buying into the two party illusion.
It has been a group effort, both sides are taking us down the same path to ruin.
To achieve real change sometimes you need to take the path least traveled and break from tradition.
I would think most people would question why the MSM and both partys belittle, demean, demonize and ignore Ron Paul and his supporters.
The answer is, they don't want to go in that direction and they don't even want to discuss it, like Obamas record and Mittens taxes. Out of site out of mind.
If america wants to continue down the same path it has followed for the last one hundred years and maintain the status quo, vote for the lesser of two evils.
If america wants change , then americans need break free from the failed two party system.
There is only one answer and one candidate....
Ron Paul !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join