It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While everybody is looking at the ME, they are only glancing at Europe. A real possible path to WW3

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

From the outside looking in it is my opinion that euro nations would benefit (in the long run) by withdrawing from the EU & at the very least retaining full--dare I write--sovereignty of traditional political structures. For that matter there had been forward thinkers who cited optimal currency theory as one good reason not to form a monetary alliance. Those forward thinkers appear to have made the right call.

Besides all that Chancellor Merkel--I think it was Chancellor Merkel, made a comment in 2011 that security in Europe ought not be taken for granted. If I remember correctly this comment was in relation to growing economic concerns throughout Europe & the continued possibility of a euro break up.

Anyway, the euro is a peculiar beast. To my knowledge it's the first pure form of fiduciary media (i.e., the euro did not evolve from a commodity money to a fiduciary media over time as other national currencies have) to exist. My instinct is that this feature of the euro makes it dead(er) weight.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Classic case of misdirection.

2nd

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

So u have right to breed but the people living in poverty not?
Ur nickname says it all.....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, but it's a start, surely? Also, not everyone does get to "live and eat", even if prisonersare usually guaranteed these things.

In Britain, fuel poverty is at such a rate that, come winter, many people, including pensioners who rely on a state pensions (despite having worked all their lives and were still unable to have proper savings), are faced with a choice of 'heating or eating'. Considering the climate of much of Britain, that's hardly ideal. A guarantee of being able to eat would be a pretty amazing thing, even in a supposedly 1st world country like Britain/UK.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slave NO MORE

You hit the nail on the head.

I can grow a crop and raise livestock, they cant. Therefore they are useless eaters, I am not.

Anyone who can not support themselves should not be breeding. This also includes all the DUDS in the USA on the dole and food stamps. Thin them out for crying out loud.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou

Originally posted by Slave NO MORE

You hit the nail on the head.

I can grow a crop and raise livestock, they cant. Therefore they are useless eaters, I am not.

Anyone who can not support themselves should not be breeding. This also includes all the DUDS in the USA on the dole and food stamps. Thin them out for crying out loud.

But with your theory u are a useless human being urself also! Because u didn't built your house yourself.
Even when you built your house urself, u needed all the materials like cement, bricks, nails and so on (also tools, electricity for the tools, roads for transportation). so u also depend on others unless u tell me u live in a cave.
But living in a cave won't make u be able to be here on ATS or u must have a stone modem where ur internet comes in and ur PC is made of wood

Humans are herd animals. We need eachother!!
edit on 14-8-2012 by Slave NO MORE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Darn EU and the European Nations...their laziness and lazy ways always ends up in WWs

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Darn EU and the European Nations...their laziness and lazy ways always ends up in WWs

I hope I am getting your dry humor correct, but I've never seen the Europeons as lazy.

Just like I don't see Americans as lazy...until the last decade anyways.

But Europe has been the battleground for the past century. Now, it'll be the world. Everyone will feel the pain if it comes to fruition.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You may not be wrong, as yes we do have a dangerous situation in Europe, Russia has told the USA it wont allow missile defences to be built up in Poland, Germany, Iraly, and I feel this will get nasty as the UK & USA are attackig all Russias friends these days.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join