It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance -- Site Details Every Vote of Any Federal Politician, Like Paul Ryan's for Example

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here is a great resource to instantly pull up the voting record of ANY federal politician. To give an example, I pulled up Paul Ryan's record and its an ugly one that shows support for massive government expansion, completely anti-woman, a massive assault on civil liberties, a hatred for gays, a champion to limit corporate accountability, a war-mongering mindset, an enemy of the environment and pretty much everything against the common good. Remarkable really. Only block of his votes I largely agree with are his government reform votes (i.e. lobbying transparency, protecting whistle blowers, etc.).

www.ontheissues.org...

I mean, even on the obscure things:

Voted NO on regulating the subprime mortgage industry. (Nov 2007)

Who is protecting here?

Prohibit transporting minors across state lines for abortion. (Jan 2008)

This includes parents trying to get way from draconian state laws.

Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations. (Mar 2008)
Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
Voted YES on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)
Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Values your civil liberties, right?

Voted NO on letting shareholders vote on executive compensation. (Jul 2009)

I guess the real owners of a company should have no say how much their hired execs bilk the company.

Voted NO on enforcing against anti-gay hate crimes. (Apr 2009)

Hey, it's open season on gays!

Voted NO on investing in homegrown biofuel. (Aug 2007)

But oh how he loves big oil and votes to give them everything they want.

Voted NO on requiring negotiated Rx prices for Medicare part D. (Jan 2007)

I guess having guaranteed profits for the drug companies is more important than the budget deficit.

Voted NO on strengthening the Social Security Lockbox. (May 1999)

It is so much easier to claim its insolvency if you use SS revenue for the general fund and issue an IOU.

Voted YES on making the Bush tax cuts permanent. (Apr 2002)

Trivia question: What's THE single greatest continuing contributor to the growing deficit?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Paul Ryan... Nothing much more to say other than "Ugh, what a creep". Is anyone besides me completely shocked that most politicians voting records do not actually reflect the interests of the middle and lower classes.

The old saying regarding those "having the most gold making the rules" has applied to humans since the dawn of time. It should be no surprise that they make the rules to benefit themselves, it helps them keep the gold.

Nothing changes.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Are you kidding? You just made him a hero around here. This board has become redstate lite. they'll love all of these positions.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I did a similiar thread yesterday..also citing the same website.

It seems that the Patriot Act, Indefinite Detention etc. only equals "taking away our freedoms!!!" and a Marxist, Communist, Hitler like crackdown on civil liberties when there is a Democrat and the first African American in the White House...

When Paul Ryan enthusiastically and consistently votes for those things...it is as American as apple pie!!!

BTW - He voted to extend and renew the Patriot Act 4 times in 2011...just in case anyone thought it was a knee jerk reaction back in 2001 and 2002.

He also voted for the TARP bailouts, the Auto Industry Bailouts etc. etc.....But expect the GOP base to pretend not to notice.

Paul Ryan on Patriot Act, NDAA and Warrantless Wiretaps

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by pajoly

Are you kidding? You just made him a hero around here. This board has become redstate lite. they'll love all of these positions.

Damn, that'd be sad if true.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Present

join