It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian attack submarine sailed in Gulf of Mexico undetected for weeks, U.S. officials say

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
did you see the post about a oil tanker hitting a US war ship?
they did not see that coming!

tho I thing that was just to let the Japaneses
know that the US don't like them buying Oil down their.
and it went bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyoiism
so is this a first? or the first it's been confirmed?? what systems do we have in place to make sure this doesn't happen? i've seen a few mentioned, but are they 100% systems, obviously not since we're talking about it right now.

what systems do the Russians have in place? I'm sure we have done the same to them.

Of course we have. We do it all the time. They do as well. Not just the Gulf... Submariners are submariners (whether U.S., Russian, etc...) They are always trying to outdo each other. I have heard stories of Russian and U.S. sub Commanders and crews playing cat and mouse for days trying to outmaneuver each other then meeting up discretely to exchange war stories. I don't know if these stories were true or not. But the sources seemed credible.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The US never knows #! Its a lie, they did know. They were waiting for Russia to make a move, so that they could make a move. The US saw the Pearl Harbor attack coming. They let it happen so that they could get a free ticket into war, resulting in WW2. But they said they didnt see it coming so that the public wouldnt be all mad and so that other crap against the country wouldnt happen.

It was detected... dont fall for such scum.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
The US never knows #! Its a lie, they did know. They were waiting for Russia to make a move, so that they could make a move. The US saw the Pearl Harbor attack coming. They let it happen so that they could get a free ticket into war, resulting in WW2. But they said they didnt see it coming so that the public wouldnt be all mad and so that other crap against the country wouldnt happen.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

Waiting for something to happen? Neither country wants WW3... Especially if it starts with subs that are carrying nukes... It would pretty much mean mutual destruction of their families back home.... I am sure we knew they were there. Just like they sometimes know when we are in their territory. But the fact that nothing happened and no war broke out just goes to show they were just having a little fun... I guess its the little things in life when you are stuck living in a tube under many tons of ocean... I bet at most our guys were hoping they would have mechanical problems and would need to be rescued...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It's quite humorous how so many of you like to pick and choose what you want to believe.

[color=FFAB91]The government lies! The media lies. The government lies! THEY ALL LIE!!!!

Then unquestionably accept a story that apparently originated in a Washington D.C. Newspaper.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo

Indeed, the US provoked the Japanese by ultimately freezing all Japanese assets in the US and ending all imports and exports including the oil Japan depended on. IMO, we declared war on Japan and Japan even went to great lengths to try to meet US demands because they did not want war with the US, but FDR wanted Hitler and Hitler would not get into a war with the US unless someone else attacked us first. We used Japan and provoked them into attacking Pearl Harbor because FDR wanted Hitler. FDR sat in Britain and watched Japan's planes on radar go to the Harbor for the attack.

This situation with the Russian sub doesn't make sense. Why admit such incompetence? It's war games of some kind, but I don't believe for a second we didn't know they were there. If that was the truth, why would they tell the public that basically, the Russians have sub technology that can elude our radars and scare the S out of everyone. There's some agenda behind this.

It wouldn't surprise me if other nations had technology like this though, either, but the US wouldn't announce to the public that our multi-billion dollar defense system couldn't detect a sub off our coast.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Everything is programmed when it comes to war if you understands what I mean.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxybrain

Are you cyber stalking me... I have a feeling you are watching my every move... Maybe I am just being paranoid...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Most likely you are being paranoid. Why should I even stalk you?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I don't know why you would be... But that would be super if you were.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Tell me why?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I would but that would be going off topic.. Which is not allowed... Probably stalking me because I am a super spy with lots of knowledge about lots of different things... Espeically submarines...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Can you tell me about submarines? I really really want to know...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I have a feeling you are very close... Like the russian sub that was on the coast of Florida. Let me use my psychic powers to determine your location. You are at a desk using a dell desktop... Really a DELL???? wow. You are sitting in a white chair... Maybe its beige... I have to say whitish chair I am not good with colors... There is ablue lamp next to you but it is not on. You are watching something on TV while you sit on the internet... Someone on TV just screwed up...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Okay you might be right but how can you teach me about submarines and else?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

here is everything you wanted to know about submarines...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Do we know how many submarines we have in the US coasts?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

One..there is one submarine

edit on 15-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

There are about 50 in the U.S Navy that I know of. You can probably google that information now... They are not always around the U.S. cost. They travel all around the world... I bet you could probably find out where most of them are at any given time on google. So much for matters of national security being kept secret.

edit on 15-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Actually looks like I was close:

Composition of the current force

Ohio class (18 in commission) — 14 ballistic missile submarines (SSBN'S), 4 guided missile submarines (SSGN's)- missile submarines
Virginia class (7 in commission, 3 under construction, 4 on order) — fast attack submarines
Seawolf class (3 in commission) — attack submarines
Los Angeles class (43 in commission, 2 in reserve) — attack submarines

That was from Wiki...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join