It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joel C Rosenburg: Israel Strike may be weeks away:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
A few of you have mentioned the MSM and Iran. They do and have been portraying Iran as the big bag bogey man who is going to get us. What I find odd is that the MSM basically ignored the earthquake that just happened in Iran. I also noticed that the fatalities were largely women and children. Not sure what to think on all of this.

They also ignored the Palestinian firefighters who went out on a limb to save people in the Israeli wildfires a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Iran will learn the hard way like Iraq did.Either this will bring in the Battle of Armegeddon or WW3 will result to conquer the evil empire part of radical islam.Not all muslums are like this.

I think after 9/11 the point of no return to destroy radical Islam will eventually happen.That means destroying their entire governments.Never know though I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Originally posted by avatar22
I have been watching all of this fairly closely since the beginning of the "talks".
I have yet to come to a conclusion on who is in the right on this entire thing. The MSM constantly tries to paint a dirty picture of the people of Iran, so it is difficult to gain full in-sight into what exactly is going on.
All I can say at this point is that I hope, for the citizens' sake, that Israel does not strike any time soon.
300,000 people were just hit right where it hurts with the 2 quakes last week, and their own government "seems" to be failing them.

You provided your own answer... The MSM bashes Iran non-stop, why oh why do you think that is? To steer public opinion in the direction of supporting Iran? Lol... They are making it very, VERY obvious who you are supposed to be rooting for, and who you are supposed to be hating.

Now I don't know about you, but when MSM tells me something, I tend to look at the flip side of the coin, and that's usually the actual truth, instead of the propaganda they spew on a daily basis.

Look up Ahmadinejad, look up how he lives, what he does with the money he's paid every month, look at what car he drives and what house he lives in.

NOW look up the Israeli and American fascists that want to get rid of this man, look at what cars they drive and the mansions they live in.

If that doesn't make it obvious to ANYONE, then I don't know what will.

And I don't see what the Iranian government "failing" to help the people after an earthquake has anything to do with this either, there are plenty of countries every year that fail to provide proper care for their civilians yet nobody complains about those things, an earthquake is not something you can easily be prepared for, you never know when it strikes and not where it will either. I'm sure they are doing their best, just like every other nation out there. These are troubled times for a country that is already suffering threats, public scrutiny, economic sabotage,... To deal with an earthquake, on top of that, I'm sure is NOT an easy thing.

Has anyone offered help to Iran yet? I remember when I was younger, whenever an earthquake would hit, no matter where, many nations would send funds and help, I find it really saddening this doesn't seem to be the case anymore... Are we abandoning a population for the things their government supposedly are doing? What will the rest of the world do should the US suffers massive catastrophe then?

Oh well, I guess most of use know how this will most likely end anyway, the general population has no idea they are being lied to every damn time they watch the news, they have no idea their opinions are being manipulated and they are supporting a very, very evil cause, to try and rid of a sovereign nation that has done NOTHING wrong.

Like allowing a murderer (the US, Israel,...) to own a rocket launcher, but a petty thief can't have a knife.

As I have said... my mind is not made up. I don't believe the bull the MSM is trying to feed us on the whole deal, but I know there is more to the story than any of us have seen.
You are right in that many countries are known to "fail the people" regularly. I myself am upset that the US has barely even touched upon the fact that there were even EQ's in Iran. Being in such a precarious position as our government is they don't want to make us sympathetic to the Iranian people, they want to keep feeding us the lines that this is a terrible nation who wants nothing more than to harm the world. I don't buy into it and it breaks my heart. There are aide agencies that have been trying to come in to help. I think it is more of a political move on Iran's part that they are finally accepting outside help. They don't want to look like they don't care about their own people. To me it feels like a Katrina scenario. The people who were affected are poor women and children. If it had been in a higher class area and more men had been injured there would be more done. But, these people have little to no value in that culture.

As to who is right and who is wrong...
I guess we shall see.
I think Israel is going to make a huge mistake if they strike Iran... now or in the future.
China and Russia have both taken stands against the sanctions placed on Iran. If Iran is hit by anyone I truly believe it will be the start of WWIII. The US thinks they're all that and a bag of chips, but if we have to stand against these countries again I don't think we have a chance.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Regardless of religious affiliation or nationality it's abundantly clear that a confrontation with Iran is certain to follow after failed sanctions and diplomacy. Iran is full steam ahead with its nuclear program. What a lot of people fail to observe is that Iran already has functional ballistic missiles and claims to have intercontinental ballistic missiles as well. See the following:
www.americanthinker.com ...

They have indeed launched a satillite into orbit:
www.space.com ...

The new satellite launch follows Iran's failed attempt to launch a live monkey into space in September 2011. That mission used Iran's Kavoshgar-5 rocket (Kavoshgar means "Explorer" in Farsi).

Prior to the failed monkey spaceflight, Iran had made progress in spaceflight technology. A June 2011 Safir rocket launch sent the Rasad-1 (Observation 1) satellite into orbit on an Earth-mapping mission. The country launched a Kavoshagar-3 rocket in 2010 that sent a rat, two turtles and a worm into space.

Iran launched its first domestically built satellite into space in February 2009.

This is the real deal folks. Only months or years away from acquiring enough nuclear material to produce a bomb, they will likely have the capability to deploy them to distant targets.

Let nobody tell you that you weren't warned. If I recall, Hitler gave plenty of warning, but not everyone listened. I hope and pray that history does not remember us as ignoring the signs.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

This is the real deal folks. It's a real threat. Only a year or so away from acquiring enough nuclear material to produce a bomb, they will likely have the capability to deploy them to distant targets.

Let nobody tell you that you weren't warned.

But Iran isn't the threat. The US and Israel is, and always has been.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

By golly, I guess it's all true:
www.nytimes.com - Israeli Minister Asks Nations to Say Iran Talks Have Failed ...

Referring to the Iran negotiations led by the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council plus Germany, the minister, Danny Ayalon, told Israel Radio that those nations should “declare today that the talks have failed.” After such a declaration, if Iran does not halt its nuclear program, “it will be clear that all options are on the table,” Mr. Ayalon said, not only for Israel, but also for the United States and NATO.

Asked how long the Iranians should be given to cease all nuclear activity, Mr. Ayalon said “weeks, and not more than that.”

You should learn your history.

Start here:
Follow that by learning about the anti-war movement before and during World War 2.

Keeping all that in mind, look at how Iran thinks of Woman's Rights:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Iran will learn the hard way like Iraq did.Either this will bring in the Battle of Armegeddon or WW3 will result to conquer the evil empire part of radical islam.Not all muslums are like this.

I think after 9/11 the point of no return to destroy radical Islam will eventually happen.That means destroying their entire governments.Never know though I could be wrong.

Where the hell do you come up with this??

WHAT is Iran gonna learn??? They've committed no crime!!!!

And what does Iran have to do with "radical Islam"???

When have you heard of an "irani terrorist"?

Jeeeeez

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This is the real deal folks. It's a real threat. Only a year or so away from acquiring enough nuclear material to produce a bomb, they will likely have the capability to deploy them to distant targets.

Let nobody tell you that you weren't warned.

Bingo!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

By golly, I guess it's all true:
www.nytimes.com - Israeli Minister Asks Nations to Say Iran Talks Have Failed ...

Referring to the Iran negotiations led by the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council plus Germany, the minister, Danny Ayalon, told Israel Radio that those nations should “declare today that the talks have failed.” After such a declaration, if Iran does not halt its nuclear program, “it will be clear that all options are on the table,” Mr. Ayalon said, not only for Israel, but also for the United States and NATO.

Asked how long the Iranians should be given to cease all nuclear activity, Mr. Ayalon said “weeks, and not more than that.”

The US is circling Iran with military bases, the US is operating it's navy in such a way to cause distress to the Iranian government by intimidating them just outside their waters, the US is funding and arming the Israeli regime to launch war across the middle east. Do you deny that the US has been poking Iran for years before they started their legal nuclear program?

Iran is still the threat though, right? Israel (with its undeclared and non signatory status to the NPT) is just the poor victim in this whole thing, right?

If you were the leader of a country being surrounded by such overwhelming evil, would you not do anything to ensure the safety of your people and nation?
edit on 14-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

If I were surrounded by such overwhelming goodness I'd have the presence of mind to stop my nuclear ambitions and to put my weapons down in favor of educating my people and embracing the world community. I'd stop indoctrinating my children, so I can get them a real chance at life. I'd stop funding and/or giving information/weapons to Hezbollah and Hamas and other terrorist groups. I'd stop my anti-western policy which is just a cover for anti-freedom policy. I'd stop imprisoning people for defaming Islam. I'd stop discriminating against people who choose religions other than Islam. I'd stop discriminating and/or punishing woman and homosexuals and others. I'd stop restricting access to the internet and international news programs. I'd cooperate freely with the NPT and tbe IAEA.

Until you open your eyes and realize that Israel is on the good side of things, I don't believe you will understand the things I say. You're not the first person to experience brainwashing.

Did you miss this:
That video may take some freedoms with its choice of words, but its facts are mostly right.

This is one of the facts it covered briefly:
en.wikipedia.org...

During December 2001 Mughrabi gave the ship detailed instructions to sail to the beaches of Qeshm Island, Iran.[1][2] There a ferry approached it—most likely from Iran. This ferry contained the weapons stored in 80 large wooden crates, which were transferred onto the ship. The personnel of the ship then placed these weapons in special waterproof containers—which were produced only in Iran. These containers are floatable and have a configurable system that determines how deep they are submerged.[1]

When the loading was completed the ship needed to alter its heading towards the Hodeida port, due to technical problems.[1] After the ship crossed the canal it was expected to meet with three smaller ships and to transfer the load onto them—these smaller ships were purchased in advance.[4] They were then supposed to drop the weapons near El Arish, Gaza.[4] The commander of the Palestinian Naval Police, Juma'a Ghali and his executive Fathi Ghazem, would then collect the weapons there

See here for more recent news:
www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
"This may really be it"

Yeah right. Yawn.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A war in Iran has been "weeks away" for about the last 20 years. I'll believe it when i see it. lets hope we don't see it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by binkman

If I were surrounded by such overwhelming goodness I'd have the presence of mind to stop my nuclear ambitions and to put my weapons down in favor of educating my people and embracing the world community.

You're clearly sick in the head.......

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

If I were surrounded by such overwhelming goodness I'd have the presence of mind to stop my nuclear ambitions and to put my weapons down in favor of educating my people and embracing the world community.

Sorry. Hang on. "Goodness"? What kind of nonsense have you been brainwashed with? What aspect of the USA's actions in the Middle East have been "good"? Sorry, but if your nasty country is an example of the "world community" but I fully encourage any nation to regress into impenetrable isolationism.

I'd stop indoctrinating my children, so I can get them a real chance at life. I'd stop funding and/or giving information/weapons to Hezbollah and Hamas and other terrorist groups.

Which is absolutely nothing like the way every single schoolchild in the US stands every morning to recite the pledge of allegiance? You're telling me that your children have a chance at life when they are taught daily that their country is better than any other in every respect, despite the fact that it is nowhere near as good as others?

Of course, the US never, ever funds terror. Except for the Taliban, and now it seems various Muslim Brotherhood sects and Al Qaieda in Libya, Syria, and anywhere else in the Middle East engaged in a manufactured overseas rebellion?

I'd stop my anti-western policy which is just a cover for anti-freedom policy.

It is solely because of the west that Iran has the government it does. The people suffered under the inept and brutal leadership of the US imposed Shah. Their anti western mentality is a self defense one borne not through a lack of respect for freedom, but genuine and real fear that they will simply become yet another western client state.

I'd stop imprisoning people for defaming Islam. I'd stop discriminating against people who choose religions other than Islam. I'd stop discriminating and/or punishing woman and homosexuals and others.

That reminds me of another state in the middle east. This state is one of your biggest allies on earth, Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, women aren't allowed to drive. In Saudi Arabia, women are beheaded if they get raped, because it is their fault. In Saudi Arabia, criminals have limbs amputated for spurious crimes, and the state imposes a brutally fundamentalist Islamic legal system, backed by a few hundred thousand state sanctioned thug "morality police". In Saudi Arabia, gay people are beheaded publicly. Did I mention that you went to war in the defense of Saudi Arabia in the 1990's? That's right, this bastion of personal freedoms for Iran to look up to hosts a massive portion of your military in that region.

I'd stop restricting access to the internet and international news programs. I'd cooperate freely with the NPT and tbe IAEA.

The USA would never restrict the Internet. PIPA and SOPA would never, ever be proposed in the free, democratic USA.

Oh, Iran is a signatory to the NPT and cooperates with IAEA. The downside is that the IAEA is a thinly disguised arm of the US government.

Israel isn't a NPT signed state.

Until you open your eyes and realize that Israel is on the good side of things, I don't believe you will understand the things I say. You're not the first person to experience brainwashing.

Oh yes, let's talk about "good" Israel shall we? Non signatory to the NPT, never had its weapons or programs inspected, regularly engages in illegal and unlawful clearances despite UN rulings, imposes a disgusting flavour of Apartheid against Palestine, imposes a blockade preventing food, aid and medical supplies entering the Gaza Prison, also they attacked your USS Liberty.

You have some serious nerve to talk about me being brainwashed. You are a sick, sick man.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I haven't said anything to warrant your statement.

I've offered facts and a viewpoint apparently not popular in this thread.

I'm already well aware of how toxic the truth can be.

See this:
Many thousands of rockets have been launched from gaza and palestinian areas by Hamas militants.

This actually mentions some of the attacks on Ashdod (2009):
en.wikipedia.org...

(over 750 rocket and mortar attacks were executed during that period of time)

You should go over this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks on Israel from the Gaza Strip have occurred since 2001. Between 2001 and January 2009, over 8,600 rockets had been launched, leading to 28 deaths and several hundred injuries,[1][2] as well as widespread psychological trauma and disruption of daily life.[3] According to research done by the Social work department at the Sapir Academic college, Estimated 15,000[4] people from Sderot are suffering from PTSD and estimated 1000 are treated within the mental health[5] community

The quote from the wiki link (above it) references Sderot. This quote is from the same wiki link:

Rockets were originally fired mainly on Sderot, an Israeli city on the border of the Gaza Strip.[29] Sderot's population density is slightly greater than that of the Gaza Strip. Due to this, and despite the imperfect aim of these homemade projectiles, they have caused deaths and injuries, as well as significant damage to homes and property, psychological distress and emigration from the city. Ninety percent of the city's residents have had a rocket exploding in their street or an adjacent one.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I haven't said anything to warrant your statement.

I've offered facts and a viewpoint apparently not popular in this thread.

I'm already well aware of how toxic the truth can be.

See this:

Many thousands of rockets have been launched from gaza and palestinian areas by Hamas militants.

This actually mentions some of the attacks on Ashdod (2009):
en.wikipedia.org...

(over 750 rocket and mortar attacks were executed during that period of time)

You should go over this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Israel killed 2000 people in the war crime Operation Cast Lead. 750 rockets over a few years = Israel getting off lightly

How many people has the state of Israel made homeless by bulldozing their houses for the sake of illegal settlements. If any other country done that, they would be keelhauled all the way up to the useless UN, then foisted on a gallows of international isolation and sanction. Not Israel though.
edit on 14-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Operation Cast Lead was in response to the rocket and mortar attacks preceding and following the cease fire. You act as though Israel attacked without cause.

Are you advocating that Israel sit back and allow the rocket and mortar attacks to continue? Their attack may have killed greater numbers than Israel received, but Gaza is not innocent, either.

You know, Gaza is a tiny piece of land. It's really, really small. 17 sq. miles. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the US and it has 1,214 sq. miles. The West Bank, by comparison, is 2,263 sq. miles. Yet I think all of the rocket attacks originate from the Gaza Strip. It's something to wonder about.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

Operation Cast Lead was in response to the rocket and mortar attacks preceding and following the cease fire.

You act as though Israel attacked without cause.

Israel created a problem, then attacked because the people they persecute fought back. You can spin it as much as you like, but the cold hard fact is that the people in Gaza are responding to Israeli cruelty.

Are you advocating that Israel sit back and allow the rocket and mortar attacks to continue? Their attack may have killed greater numbers than Israel received, but Gaza is not innocent, either.

No, I'm advocating a cease to the policies that allow innocent people to be evicted and their houses torn down for settlements. I'm advocating freedom for the people held in Gaza and other areas Palestinians are being held prisoner. I'm advocating an end to the crimes against humanity perpetrated by Israel in the forms of restricting access to medical care, food, water, building supplies and travel imposed on the people of Gaza. I'm advocating an end to the aggressive military and foreign policy Israel foists on the other middle eastern states. I'm advocating an end to the Apartheid system which keeps Palestinians and other Arabs in Israel down as second class citizens - this includes travel restrictions, employment restrictions, coverage in the healthcare system restrictions, disparity in the education system and the right to vote. And until those things come to an end, I can see no reason why the people should give up their fight for equality.

You know, Gaza is a tiny piece of land. It's really, really small. 17 sq. miles. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the US and it has 1,214 sq. miles. The West Bank, by comparison, is 2,263 sq. miles. Yet I think all of the rocket attacks originate from the Gaza Strip. It's something to wonder about.

There is nothing to "wonder about", listen to what the people want, then give it to them. Then the rockets and mortars would stop falling down on Israel.

I cant imagine US Americans putting up quietly with the circumstances Palestinians are held under.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In the event of an Israel strike against Iranian facilities there would likely be reprisals by groups and individuals with differing capabilities directed against targets whose legitimacy may be entirely based on guilt by perceived association.

I would imagine these reprisals could also take place further afield against Israeli citizens for example the recent bus bomb attack. Hatred can cloud judgement and also vision, groups of people associated with the west may also conceivably become targeted, accused of allowing such action to happen or perhaps assisting in it.

Ban ki-Moon is due to visit Damascus on August 26th according to WP, street lamps are being painted and hotels prepared, so it is no secret in Damascus that an important UN delegation is visiting soon. It would not be difficult to cast the UN delegation as a Western presence and from that associate them as a legitimate target in a time of popular rage.

The Washington post does not think this is a good idea;

www.washingtonpost.com...

The Jerusalem post claims Israeli PM Netanyahu has personally asked Ban Ki-Moon to not attend Syria and they do not believe this visit to be a good idea either.

www.jpost.com...

Then today a bomb attached to a fuel truck exploded near the hotel that the UN delegation could be visiting;

www.guardian.co.uk...

Is this the work of anti Assad groups seeking to deter UN missions to Syria? Among such turmoil and frequent attacks against regime forces it would not be unlikely.

Do Mossad and Mossad trained groups operate in Damascus also?

www.alarabiya.net...

Potentially also, and they also have a hall mark of using bombs attached to vehicles;

www.globalresearch.ca...

Just throwing a few events from a maelstrom of such events out there, it would be interesting to see if any parts of the explosive device are recovered by regime forces for any atypical size/construction compared to the usual suspects.

Will Ban Ki-Moon change his mind? There is still more than a week to go and a lot can happen in that time.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Rosenberg is a very interesting guy. A Jewish Christian, and a former White House and government communication specialist. He has many current contacts in the US, Israeli, and other Mid East governements. I think his degrees are from GeorgeTown. His novels have been uncannily "prophetic" (by that I don't mean he is a prophet, but they not only ARE about Bible prophetic events, but they are earily predictive). His most recent novel ended with an Isreali Air Strike on Iran. That came out last spring.

Some of his previous novels "predicted"

Terrorists using airplanes as missiles, in production before 9/11.
Israel discover oil off it's coast, about 5 mths before announced.
Certain inner workings and political events in side Israeli politics.

Lot's have people have said we are weeks, or months away. And I agree it's gotten a bit overdone. BUT I think if there is any single person, not currently employeed by the government(s) involved, but has the contacts and information to connect the dots on "predicting" this, I would say it is Joel Rosenberg.

Note on his blog he says that there are definate things that could change the course of this. But I agree with him.....the statements by the Israeli Govt, the way certain forces of NATO and the US have been in the area, the situation in Syria...it's starting to look pretty grim.

edit on 15-8-2012 by SrWingCommander because: add info

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join