It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 questions of worth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
here are 3 questions of worth.

Is it better to be praised for what you have done or to be considered for what you can do.

Is it better to be assisted in what you are doing or be undetected so as to act without interference.

Is it better to be happy under false pretenses and not know your true misery, or to be miserable from knowing your true happiness.

I say it is better to be seen for ones potential rather than judged by what you have done in the past or who you were then.

I say it is better to pleasantly surprise people and do so freely than to have people give with expectations set in stone or give finite disappointments.

I would rather cry laughing than smile bitterly.

you?

edit on 14-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think you just earned a Vulcan nerve pinch. Feel better now?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

Is it better to be praised for what you have done or to be considered for what you can do.

Is it better to be assisted in what you are doing or be undetected so as to act without interference.

Is it better to be happy under false pretenses and not know your true misery, or to be miserable from knowing your true happiness.

I say it is better to be seen for ones potential rather than judged by what you have done in the past or who you were then.

I say it is better to pleasantly surprise people and do so freely than to have people give with expectations set in stone or give finite disappointments.

you?

Question 1: Depends on the time of your life. Being a young professional, i would go with being recognized for my potential.

Question 2: I would rather be assisted by others in some form of collaboration then be alone in obscurity.

Question 3: This question again depends on what stage of your life in your in. Its sometimes beneficial to remain in blissful ignorance. But i would rather be genuine.

Thanks for the thought provoking questions, makes for a nice morning. S&F
edit on 14-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

I feel nothing.....very vulcan of you, thank for that.....LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Who is the judge? Why should we be worried about whether or not other people deem us "worthy"?

Also, what IS worthy?

It is better to do what you feel is right and do it well, regardless of whether other people give you recognition for what you choose to do.

It is better to do what you must do, regardless of the situation. Sometimes you may require assistance, and there is nothing wrong with that.

If you are blissfully ignorant, then you will not be concerned with "true misery". If you are miserable, then you are stuck in the past where you remember "true happiness". The first instance is "better" from a successful life perspective, because you can actually move forward with your life. However, I feel that it is important for us to know both the true misery and the true happiness and strive to live our lives despite loss of happiness or presence of misery.

So, it is better to be truly happy under true pretenses, having conquered one's true misery.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

you?

I'd rather that you stuck with the premise of your questions when you answered them.

1. Being praised is not the same as being judged.

2. Getting assistance is not the same as having expectations placed upon you.

3. um....I have no idea what crying laughing or smiling bitterly mean. If you're content with yourself and your life, then you're content with yourself and your life. Someone else, looking at your life and believing that they would not be content with your situation, has no authority to declare you to be "happy under false pretenses and not knowing your true misery". Anyone that actually believes that they can even suggest such a thing is pretty delusional.

So, what's really eating at you? Obviously something pretty important.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

nah, nothing. I am glad that people deconstructed the questions rather than answer blindly. Shows you at least considered the WORTH you placed on them.

I notice most didnt just answer. lol.

I really have nothing to gain besides a little insight. I answered my own questions to be fair since I have a habit of asking but not revealing what I think on the matter at hand.

Let me explain my cryptic language.

Crying laughing....ever hurt so bad you laugh....ever had your heart broken so completely that you feel so much, as opposed to not feeling. Not Living. When you realize that you are alive. As opposed to knowing you should feel something but don't.

smile bitterly.....when you accept what you must and know that the ends don't justify the means. That you know all will be well, but not yet. When things work out but not really for the best. You smile at irony making you the fool, yet teaching you the lesson. Ever been satisfied that good prevailed in a situation but see another in a similar one not doing so hot. You smile for what you gain, but juxtapose it to what you loss.

?
!

I want people to remember they are alive. Sometimes we intellectualize our thought process and lose the feeling. We feel but do not acknowledge it.

I want us to think, but not at the expense of feeling. Having a strong mind is not paramount to having a sound heart. Over emotional is not a word in my vocabulary. I think there is a real benefit to acknowledging your feelings and letting them run their course rather than being ashamed of feeling or thinking you feel nothing.

well....I am going to make a big life change soon and I have been placing my life up to now into context. My next step I take into unknown territory and I place my life in another's hands. I am going through a surrender and I will make it complete. I am going to give myself entirely to something and that makes you at least consider what it is that you are when you are being received. How is it the world might see me, since I only know how I see myself.

I think I should value both since at this point in my life I need to flip the coin. I need a mirror, not a photo.True progress for me is learning to live beyond what I deem fit. I need to learn true sacrifice and surrender, since I have not to a measurable degree given myself to anything. I always chose the path I forge.

I don't know. Maybe that might be something I am "going through" though, I enjoy the process. I am growing and it has pains and trials. I just thought I would place into context the worth we give to our perception of ourselves. Not necessarily what that worth is to us. The process over the actual result.

I got a Vulcan neck pinch so far out of it...lol.

I just don't want to be full of myself. I want to learn how to be more for others. My own self worth is fine but if it is paramount to my perception of the world I see, I will always come short to true surrender.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I cannot claim victory if I am still at my mercy, even after conquering the world.

When you are too smart for your won good or think you are, you end up thinking that you are as smart as you see the world dumb.

I don't want that to happen.

When you are too humble for any good to come of you. If all I do is try to blend into a nonconformist view of myself I lose the pride that can be beneficial to knowing the real worth of people. That which they value about themselves that I might find in me.

I don't want to miss one.

I want to love us all and learn from us all.....that is something I cannot claim to do now.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

So, then I will ask you, Bihotz: When are you worthy to yourself?

Do you ever feel like you are good enough?

If so, when?

If not, what prevents it?

If we are always measuring our worth by the perspectives and achievements of others, we are blinded to that which we should already know: We are worth just as much as everyone else.

You, Bihotz, are worthy.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by BIHOTZ

So, then I will ask you, Bihotz: When are you worthy to yourself?

Do you ever feel like you are good enough?

If so, when?

If not, what prevents it?

If we are always measuring our worth by the perspectives and achievements of others, we are blinded to that which we should already know: We are worth just as much as everyone else.

You, Bihotz, are worthy.

I am worthy to myself always....I Really like me. I think I have proven to myself many times that I can get done what I set my mind to. When I am with my family, when I have been emotionally wrecked and recover better for it. When I do something good for another person. When I am a good friend, neighbor, ect...

When I know I do the correct thing at a loss.

I am too defensive. I become very adversarial when I see an "adversary". That is all well and good. I need to now learn to let go. Learn to sacrifice for others in a meaningful way. I need to grow. Who I am got me here intact. I need to let myself grow. Become more for others. I need to do for others.

I sometimes question THEIR worth....based on my own standards. That is short sighted and dumb.

I need to do something for others beyond what I see fit. I need to sacrifice for those I deem unworthy and learn to see their real worth....their....pricelessness...their Divine.

I need to give back. That is all. If not there is no point to being who I am. What I think I wanted to be and who I know I am has no purpose if not.

Good is "worthless" in idle hands to everyone else for example. I think I have done good so far as preserving who I am and growing. I have reached a point where an honest and complete surrender is necessary for my next step.

I need to take the good I have found in me and give it to the world. Act on it. Surrender and sacrifice.

Make it honest. Make it true. Right now it is just in my head. I need to take it to my hands. That makes you value your life up to the moment to try and see where you were doing just that and where you were not. And WHY?

The process is the focal point for my curiosity not necessarily the effect.

EDIT:
Thank you sir / maam. That is always good to hear. We don't hear it often enough. Thanks!
You are not too shabby either!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To do so freely you will understand that the answer to the question which lies beneath is the cause of only more suffering. Come to the foreground, let your heart be troubled and create the mess. Life never has been so fruitfull.

What was life more than just a pile of sh*t. Cross your arms and behold. The fruit of death? Intertwined with life is.

Crazy compass.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PillarOfStrenght
To do so freely you will understand that the answer to the question which lies beneath is the cause of only more suffering. Come to the foreground, let your heart be troubled and create the mess. Life never has been so fruitfull.

What was life more than just a pile of sh*t. Cross your arms and behold. The fruit of death? Intertwined with life is.

Crazy compass.

me finding I. Thank you.
?
!

-answers usually do leave one wanting-

Suffering is not necessarily "bad" unless it is what "good" you give to others, no. Being blind like that of infinite eyes seeing their mortality die. Their immortality then to rise as the far becomes close and the distance irrelevant. The path we forge home. The eyes become the eye.

-A heart that flows from the sweet spring of life. From the creating, from the great chaos. The wild man birthed from the bitter ocean and his mad dash but for the fruit or the flower? -

Land black with minerals, planted with the seed of loving men´s hearts. Their toil always a burden of love. The skilled plough in men´s hands lighter than the spoils of the sword by a beast and its claws. To the delta from the field with care our spirit flows. Intertwined the bitter and the sweet that the tree of life may grow and its seed falls to the wind for all who truly wish to know.

That from which we came, we go. A direction.....a circle. The reflection of humanities eyes upon the soul.

That which we harvest after we carefully choose for it to grow. Or the seed we cast at random into our neighbors field for him and all to sow.

Wings for long free fall. only one way but down to go. and quick to rise.....only one way back. Up.

grow.

new topics

top topics

join