It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Sub Commander Fakes Death to End Affair, Relieved of Command

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Navy Cmdr. Michael P. Ward II, who has been accused of having an affair with a 23-year-old Chesapeake, Va., woman and faking his death as a means of ending it, has been relieved of his duties as the commanding officer of the USS Pittsburgh, just one week after he was put in command.

www.wnd.com...

According to a press release from the Navy, Capt. Vernon Parks, commander of Submarine Development Squadron 12, relieved Ward on Friday “due to lack of confidence in Ward’s ability to command based upon allegations of personal misconduct on the part of Ward.”

Well if this guy would fake his own death over getting a young lass knocked up, what other things would he fake? I just thought this story was pretty bizarre. Definitely not the kind of person worthy of commanding a nuclear powered submarine, equipped with Tomahawk missiles- which can also have nuclear warhead variants (W80).

So in this case, that was probably a good call by the military to relieve him of command.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I heard about it this morning, what an idiot..

I agree and have the same thought as you TrueAmerican! No way you can trust a guy like that as your superior..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
After reading this story.......WTF....ROFLMAO...good lord......you'd think the Navy folk would have become more creative than this over the years.

I had a buddy who had a rule for swabbies.....do not get married......and always wrap yer whopper...

You do those 2 things and its smooth sailing....you don't..and you'll be swabbin decks for the rest of yer life.

What a tool.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I saw this a couple days ago in Stars and Stripes. I'm still laughing at this idiot

I'd say his character, integrity and decision making are in question.

14th Navy CO relieved this year and counting. USS Porter CO will be next after that tanker collision.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
14th Navy CO relieved this year and counting.

Military can fail in their personal lives and be relieved of command, but when true professional, military failure happens like on 9/11, no one gets axed. Which is another reason in itself why to be extremely suspect of 9/11. There was no true professional military failure. It was a resounding, covert military success.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elexio
I heard about it this morning, what an idiot..

I agree and have the same thought as you TrueAmerican! No way you can trust a guy like that as your superior..

Even more alarming: someone with a penchant for faking his own death in order to shake himself free of romantic red tape got a job as the CO of a NUCLEAR SUB.

The idiocy of an employee is always dwarfed by the idiocy of their employer. It's like, Earth Rule #781.

top topics

join