It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Syrian PM: Assad's government an 'enemy of God'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Former Syrian Prime Minister Riyad Hijab referred to President Bashar al-Assad's regime as an "enemy of God", in his first public appearance since defecting from the government.

He told a news conference in Amman that he defected and joined the 17-month-old revolt against Assad of his own will, and was not dismissed as reported by Syrian authorities.

Source 1

Here's a part of his speech, uploaded to YT by Al-Jazeera:

edit on 14-8-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well, what does that make of the theory that all of Assad's defectors are doing it because they simply don't want to be on the losing side?
Here we have the defecting PM openly denouncing the regime.

I fully know this thread will become a crapfest full of baseless claims and pointless accusations, as usual for ATS, but I thought I'd give a shot to some people to justify that statement.

So, discuss.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
They are peaceful protesters.

Really

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

they just demand democracy.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
each of those 3 links looked very much like a copy and paste of each other.

2 of them clearly state the original report from Reuters.

We can go from here if you like, but using 3 links to justify the report is truthful would have required a little more than a copy and paste
first link

Former Syrian Prime Minister Riyad Hijab referred to President Bashar al-Assad's regime as an "enemy of God", in his first public appearance since defecting from the government. He told a news conference in Amman that he defected and joined the 17-month-old revolt against Assad of his own will, and was not dismissed as reported by Syrian authorities.

second link

AMMAN (Reuters) - Former Syrian Prime Minister Riyad Hijab referred to President Bashar al-Assad's government as an "enemy of God", in his first public appearance since defecting from the government. He told a news conference in Amman that he defected and joined the 17-month-old revolt against Assad of his own will, and was not dismissed as reported by Syrian authorities. (Reporting by Suleiman al-Khalidi; Editing by Jon Hemming)

third link

Former Syrian Prime Minister Riyad Hijab referred to President Bashar Assad's government as an "enemy of God", in his first public appearance since defecting from the government. He told a news conference in Amman that he defected and joined the 17-month-old revolt against Assad of his own will, and was not dismissed as reported by Syrian authorities. (Reuters)

edit on 14-8-2012 by munkey66 because: added quotes

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Which god?

They're muslim of course, and are a state based on the teachings of the koran.

So Allah must like them, no?

The christians have been living there peacefully for centuries.

Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus, just sayin'.

Jewish sects have also been around for centuries, even fleeing to Syria from elsewhere.

So YHWH must look upon them kindly.

Buddhists probably doesn't know where it is, preferring mountaintops and such.

In the Oneness, Syria is the sandy feet, or something ... no hard feelings there either.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
They are peaceful protesters.

Really

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

www.farsnews.com...

they just demand democracy.

Nobody said anything about the protests being peaceful. I'm not going to step into that hole you so want me to, but I will say this - when you're planning on taking down a dictator, using peaceful methods won't ever work.

Besides, this is not even the point of this thread. I'm not going to try and portrait the rebels as right or peaceful. IMO they are Islamic Extremists which is a no-no in my book.
Still, there have been sayings around in ATS that the defectors are either defecting due to fear, not wanting to be on the losing side, or even some were talking about them being sacked from the government by Assad himself.

This thread goes to show that these claims are false. People from Assad's own government do not agree with the things he has done to the country.
The fact that the rebels are savages makes people overlook the fact that Assad is a cold blooded dictator who was no lesser evil than Saddam.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
each of those 3 links looked very much like a copy and paste of each other.

Um.. yes?
That is the reason I posted them all at the same post.

It's a fresh news piece, I posted it 20 minutes after it was published.
It's only natural that several news outlets would quote the same source.

Give it a day or two and it will take many various forms on different media pieces.

Edit - Several minutes have passed and it has already happened

edit on 14-8-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Which god?

They're muslim of course, and are a state based on the teachings of the koran.

So Allah must like them, no?

The christians have been living there peacefully for centuries.

Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus, just sayin'.

Jewish sects have also been around for centuries, even fleeing to Syria from elsewhere.

So YHWH must look upon them kindly.

Buddhists probably doesn't know where it is, preferring mountaintops and such.

In the Oneness, Syria is the sandy feet, or something ... no hard feelings there either.

No offence buddy but I have no idea what on Earth are you talking about.
How come there has to be a nonsense post in any serious thread around here? Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

when you're planning on taking down a dictator, using peaceful methods won't ever work.

We didn't slay people to get Shah puppet out of Iran

IMO . a dictator is far better than a puppet.

Because , dictators maybe do something good for their people . but puppets are just following orders and waiting for left over of the food.

To the core , You want to justify US and Israel supporting rebels.

Do it.

But don't try to fool us.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

No offence buddy but I have no idea what on Earth are you talking about.
How come there has to be a nonsense post in any serious thread around here? Sheesh.

This thread was serious? The guy's statement wasn't

Seriously, my god has a bigger dick than your god.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't understand why Israel would support the Rebels? I have to admit to not knowing a great deal , but from what I can see, the rebels taking over Syria would be a bad thing for Israel?

Do you really want all those rebels in charge of Syria's chemical weapons. I'm not defending Assad, he is a brutal dictator, but the varied ethnicities were reasonably protected under his rule. That includes Jews and Christians?

Do you think the rebels will hold this amount of hospitality to these 2 ethnic groups, making up over 10% of the population?

Maybe, I'm off base and my logic is skewed on this issue, but I would be interested to hear the thoughts of an Israeli on the situation.
edit on 14-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Of cause the story in the middle east is that Assad is an enemy of God. That is why Syria is being overrun by jihadis. This is sold as jihad in the middle east. Here in the west on the other hand it is sold as a fight for freedom and democracy. The two stories cannot be logically reconciled but the MSM try their best.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Well, what does that make of the theory that all of Assad's defectors are doing it because they simply don't want to be on the losing side?
Here we have the defecting PM openly denouncing the regime.

Taken in context of surrounding events, these defections are not surprising at all.

These people have watched the US and proxies attack and destroy the status quo in the middle east. They have watched US drones attack the Gaddafi convoy, leading to his being sodomized, executed and buried in an unmarked desert grave. Besides the fear factor, I'm absolutely certain that large cash bribes are being offered to hi-ranking Syrians to defect (the PR battle). Some of these people are undoubtedly being offered positions in the "new" government.

The US never uses a single "weapon" to attack. They attack from all sides -- propaganda, bribes, threats, blackmail, financial maneuvers and ...... ultimately .... death.

No part of this chess game should be any surprise to anyone.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join