It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can add to infinity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by jiggerj

Well take .000001. You can keep adding 0's in front of the 1 forever, therefore making the length of the number expand forever however at the same time the value of the number is getting smaller forever.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

WHAT is getting smaller forever? Once we replace the one with something tangible, then no matter how small it gets (a marshmallow) it will never be reduced to 'nothing'. Maybe I'm forgetting the point of the thread. Tired.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

It seems to me that everyone is ignorant to infinity because no one can possibly grasp it. I don't claim to understand infinity and neither should you.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Guilt for what? Starting a thread in the hopes that no one would come in and disrupt the flow of discussion as you have tried to do? As I said, if you think the topic is stupid, you know where the door is. No one is forcing you to read this 'stupidity'.

Bye bye.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by arpgme

Your mind doesn't take up any space though. It is a void of nothing because it doesn't take up any space. Nothing takes up no space, it is the absence of space.

How do you know that the mind doesn't take up space? How do you know that the "mind" isn't space itself which energies (thoughts) come pass through?

Also, I already explained that there is no such thing as a "non-existence" (void/nothing). If you still don't believe look at the latest finding on quantum physics and how the so-called void is just an extreme low level of energy (virtual particles).

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I haven't said anything about the thread being stupid and I've said nothing disruptive. If anyone's being disruptive, it's
you in your misunderstanding of my post. I don't see any door either.

I was done til you had to make a big deal out of nothing. Sheese ! talk about touchy.
edit on 14-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Where is your proof that it does take up space? Your brain is a solid mass of tissue, for your mind to exist within your brain, it must not have any mass, if it has no mass it doesn't take up any space.

Virtual particles are based off of indirect evidence, meaning they have never been seen, only hypothesized. Until these virtual particles can be seen, we should not jump to the conclusion that they have some kind of mass.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Where is your proof that it does take up space?

I never claimed that it did, did I? I simply asked you how did you know that it didn't. I was admitting I didn't know by asking the question, not claiming that you are wrong. Your explanation sounds reasonable but you left out the answer to the other question:

Originally posted by Arpgme
How do you know that the "mind" isn't space itself, which energies (thoughts) come pass through?

If the mind does not take up space, like you reasoned through your explanation, then it must be either an "energy" (which wouldn't make much sense since thoughts are energy) or it must be "space" (since nothingness / void does not exist as I've already explained many times before).

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Your quote from Einstein and then your post about this thread lasting for infinity based on stupidity made your intentions pretty clear.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

See that's where you're wrong. I do have a "grasp" of what infinity is. Please continue to learn from this thread and "Deny ignorance" and maybe you might actually "grasp" the concept of infinity and be able to use or understand it someday? Why not right?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Your quote from Einstein and then your post about this thread lasting for infinity based on stupidity made your intentions pretty clear.

Evidently you `think so.
Or you can't think of a decent response.
Perhaps if you would stay on-topic we could end this ?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To answer the second question, space requires some sort of mass. even things at the subatomic level have mass. The air we breath has mass, even light has relativistic mass. The mind, in my opinion has no mass and I base that opinion on there being no evidence to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok using two mirrors to peer to infinity there is a "Clause" also I call this the "peer point" you cannot peer perpetually or directly engage into a full perspective of perpetuallity. That to me proves other dimentions or interdimentions. Therfore infinity is the secret scope transmutation from one dimention to another. Therefore positivly infinity exists.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I meant to use the word comprehend not grasp. I can grasp what infinity is but I cannot comprehend it. Can you comprehend infinity?

If so, get to the nearest college as quick as you can because I'm sure mathmeticians across the world would like to learn your secret.

If not, you are ignorant on the subject.
edit on 14-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I do think so, thanks for your non-contribution. Bye.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

I do think so, thanks for your non-contribution. Bye.

Your still not going to respond. How is it you're so easily stumped ?

Quit replying if you don't have anything on topic. Every time you reply you call me back to the thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I don't need insults or mathetics to understand how I percieve infinity. Maybe you should get some schooling on how we as individuals have concepts of thought and how my thoughts differ than yours. Yes I understand "Infinity" but lack the indoctrinated disipline to elaborate it schoolastically. Is that your hang up or mine?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So do you create "troll threads much"? Come on , I contributed to your thread and this is what I get? Insults of education?

Flag removed!!!! wish I and everyone else could remove your stars.
Seriously pal!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Where are you getting the notion that I am insulting you? That's not the case at all, sorry if it came off that way.

I understand you have differing opinions than me and I'm not degrading you for that in any way. My point is, no one can comprehend infinity, not even me, so even I am ignorant on the subject. I don't claim to understand it, I just thought it was interesting that all real numbers add up to zero, nothing more. If you disagree that it's not interesting then that is your opinion and I respect that.

edit on 14-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
OP "TROLL'S" His own THREAD!
Jeeze!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Ummmm.... what are you talking about? I never insulted your intelligence. Me calling you ignorant on the subject is not insulting your intelligence, even I am ignorant and cannot comprehend infinity.

Sorry if you took it as an insult, that's not the way I meant it. Also, I appreciate your contribution, at least you are trying to add to the discussion unlike randyvs.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join