I can add to infinity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Sly1one

Not really because it would be more like a triangle except without the bottom line. Zero would be the top point and positive and negative infinity would extend down from zero forever.

The positive and negative would never connect.

This is called an angle

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yes, I realize this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What most people think of as infinity is the symbol ∞ or everything. This is wrong, infinity is nothing or 0.

In my opinion ∞ and 0 are two sides of the same coin. Every-thing and no-thing are two ways of representing the same concept: being beyond distinction.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
1" is infinite also. Keep dividing it in half and see for yourself.
2nd

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Yes, you are correct too. This topic seems to be focused on infinity as a super large entity. But it can also represent a super small entity. The function 1/X goes to 0 as it approaches infinity, but it never reaches it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't think it focuses on either large or small. If infinity is zero like I said, isn't that infinitesimally small?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So, if I have 3 apples and give 3 apples away, I now have an infinity amount of apples?

The flaw in this logic is that reality is split in half as "positive" in "negative"; when in fact, reality is all, the entire, the whole, all that exists (1/1); but reality can be broken down into bits and pieces such as (galaxies, planets, lifeforms, organs, tissues, cells, etc.) so instead of a number line, it should be a FRACTION line where reality is (1/1) and it can be cut down into infinity:

1/1 (WHOLE/ENTIRE), 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10, (~ infinity)

But, what IS "the whole"? Easy, it is ALL that IS, all that is continuously happening NOW, since time is just measured movement and memories/thoughts of the mind.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Negative numbers are used in math, but also overused in math, and as far as infinity, there is no such thing as negative. They create many made up things to try and force their perferred theory of relativity and big bang.

Its more like this. Is there something? There is, we can see it! Nothing! Nope, infinite nothing doesnt exist, nothing isn't voided empty space, it simply is nothing. Like being born blind does not mean you see blackness. It means you don't see at all. Very hard concept.

Why is there something. Its like the double slit experiment where the so called "electron" (something else that isnt seen or perhaps understood and there are other theories) intefered with itself, conceivably being in every different scenario.

So, here goes: Why? Because all things exist, every answer to the problem, something and nothing, and every variety to it, except that nothing is simply voided out, so its all something, and in infinite variety. Both conscious and inanimate, infinite parts of infinity, endlessly in all directions, and inner/outer spaces too. And I think all things grow and expand infinitely as well.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You're focusing on material things, infinity cannot exist in the physical world, but it can exist in the mind as a concept. The mind which is zero or nothing, is infinite. The physical world which is everything is finite.

We're not dealing with the physical world, we are speaking of the concept of infinity alone.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, because like in my previous example 1/X never actually reaches 0. So no matter how far out you get, the answer is always a number greater than 0. However due to the properties of infinity that number can still get smaller.

This example could be better explained as so. Take an apple and cut it in half. Then cut it in half again. Keep doing this. As you may notice, even though your portion keeps shrinking (and it will become impossible to dissect it at some point do to the limitations of our technology), but as you may be aware at no point while you are dissecting the apple do you ever NOT have a portion of the apple. It may become close to no apple, but there will always be a piece of the apple left.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

No matter how small you make something it will never reach nothing, just as no matter how big you make something it will never reach infinity. Same concept except flipped.

Also, comparing an apple to nothing (zero) does not apply because an apple can never become nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
1/1 = ∞/∞

Therefore ∞ = 1 (not 0)

Edit to add: Since we cannot count down from an infinite series to zero, we're already in infinity now, and since there is nothing that is not, there is no escape.

edit on 14-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

You're focusing on material things, infinity cannot exist in the physical world, but it can exist in the mind as a concept. The mind which is zero or nothing, is infinite. The physical world which is everything is finite.

We're not dealing with the physical world, we are speaking of the concept of infinity alone.

I'm not talking about just the "material" I'm talking about reality, whatever is included.

The mind is not "nothing", it is a field of "potential" and "potential" is something. There is no "nothing", that is your confusion.

Infinity is ALL that exists (whatever that may be) so it is accurate to call it 1/1 (THE WHOLE/ THE ENTIRE).

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

An apple actually can become nothing. If every single subatomic particle were to scatter to all four corners of existence, that would make it a part of everything. To become everything is to be nonexistent, because that apple is no longer its own object, its own occupied space, its own group of atoms. It is no longer anything, because every part of it is part of something else.

It has become nothing.
edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So everything is nothing? In order to make something nothing, you must spread it across everything? That actually proves my point more than you think.

link   
reply to post by arpgme

"Nothing", in today's culture, has become a very loosely defined word. It does exist, but we use it so loosely that it no longer has a clear definition in the course of conversation.

When someone says "Nothing", in the clearest of terms, it's the acknowledgement of the lack of some aspect or quality. The context of the conversation usually clarifies precisely what aspect or quality.

link   
There's nothing that is nothing, only everything that is.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

0/0 = ∞/∞

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is never nothing, to have "nothing" in a box, is to have "space" (full of particles) in a box. Even in the so-called "void" of space, there are many hard-to-see particles called "virtual particles".

There is never nothing. There is always something. Some just are stuck in duality and can not realize this truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Infinity is also nothing because if there is nothing it is an infinite amount of that nothing. The concepts of infinity and nothing are one in the same.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant