It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why Bill Gates bought 200 litres of fake poo!

page: 1
9
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Why Bill Gates bought 200 litres of fake poo!


www.smh.com.au

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has bought about 200 litres of fake poo to trial out revolutionary new toilets that don't need water, electricity or even connection to a sewage system.

This week the foundation is holding its "Reinvent the Toilet Fair" aimed at improving the lives of the 2.6 billion people in the third world who do not have access to a toilet.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.newser.com
www.realclearscience.com




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   


Perhaps he sees where his future lies?

Perhaps he gets his best ideas while sitting on the toilet?

Don’t reinvent the wheel, reinvent the toilet!

Sure, I do see the potential in a toilet invention that uses no electricity (to process said waist) no water to flush and it does not need to be connected to a sewerage system.

One solution is it dries and burns into fertilizer. Other prototypes include a solar-powered toilet and one that converts waste into electricity with microwave technology.

Let the toilet humour begin!

All this talk of ______ I need to go visit my water closet now to get in touch with my 'inventive side', either that or I will just read ATS to pass the time.

Mickierocksman

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Why Bill Gates bought 200 litres of fake poo!

As if windows wasn't enough poo for anyone.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Why Bill Gates bought 200 litres of fake poo!

As if windows wasn't enough poo for anyone.


I’m sure if there is any left over, he will donate the remainder to the poor & needy children that don’t have enough to eat to create said item for disposal…..

I can also envisage with his nerdy humour a spate of pranks from the Gates household – such as throwing them at the peasants from the private helicopter, leaving one in each of the 30 swimming pools at his home for the cleaners to attend too?

No, Bill’s cool, he can see his vision and his vision is clearly poo disposal, just hit Ctrl, Alt & Delete to reboot poo and end task when finished.

Mickierocksman

edit on 14/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm just wondering what the end user license agreement will look like.



Also, do you have to enter one of those unique 85 character codes like when you install Windows to flush, and what happens if the toilet Bluescreens?


edit on 14-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla


I'm just wondering what the end user license agreement will look like.



I would say very lengthy - it will obviously give him access to your backdoor (& maybe your first born) - but who reads them anyway?

Just ‘scroll to bottom’ hit ‘I agree’ and don’t think of it again until you upgrade to Poo V2.0

Mickierocksman



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Several questions spring to my mind, such as:-
How much did this shrewd business man pay for his sh1t?
Is there actually someone who manufactures and sells this sh1t?
How does he know the sh1t is fake and not real?
Why is it sold in litres and not kilos?
edit on 14-8-2012 by abdel because: didn't know you can't say # here



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I hope the new toilets work and end up helping a lot of people.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i wonder if said poo was made in america, or outsourced?



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


I don't see how a Gates's toilet would help mankind. Hundreds of years ago we had bio-degradable, minimal water and free availability of toilets. It was called crapping in a hole.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel
 


We also had a lot less people back in the day. Sanitary toilets that convert waste into energy will help a lot of people.


This week the foundation is holding its "Reinvent the Toilet Fair" aimed at improving the lives of the 2.6 billion people in the third world who do not have access to a toilet.

Many living in the poorest parts of the world are exposed to deadly disease because there are no pipes in their villages to support flushing toilets and no treatment plants - or not enough electricity - to treat sewage properly.




One solution is powered by feces, which it dries and burns into fertilizer. The researcher in South Africa who created the contraption told NPR it was "like a toilet you'd find in the spaceship" and said there would be left over energy "to power the latrine's light and recharge your cellphone".



Other prototypes include a solar-powered toilet and one that converts waste into electricity with microwave technology. They will all be displayed at the fair on August 14 and 15, which will reportedly be attended by Bill Gates himself.



edit on 14-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
Several questions spring to my mind, such as:-
How much did this shrewd business man pay for his sh1t?
Is there actually someone who manufactures and sells this sh1t?
How does he know the sh1t is fake and not real?
Why is it sold in litres and not kilos?
edit on 14-8-2012 by abdel because: didn't know you can't say # here


In response to your commendable questions……

Whatever it cost, I am certain that the man paid too much for it (look who's coming - quick, increase prices by 10000%)
Yes, “Maximum Performance” specialises in the sale of organic fake crap, they can be found here if you’re interested in purchase or learning more www.map-testing.com...
Yes, I am sure he found out the easy way by testing the samples (go ahead Bill – eat my ----)
I will get banned if I answer your last question the way I want too…..

Mickierocksman



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well I guess this is new definition to being "filthy rich"!

Poo really. They are truly insane!



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pushmepullu
i wonder if said poo was made in america, or outsourced?


Only the best crap is made in America, they also have an outhouse in Canada.

www.map-testing.com...

Mickierocksman



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by abdel
 


We also had a lot less people back in the day. Sanitary toilets that convert waste into energy will help a lot of people.


This week the foundation is holding its "Reinvent the Toilet Fair" aimed at improving the lives of the 2.6 billion people in the third world who do not have access to a toilet.

Many living in the poorest parts of the world are exposed to deadly disease because there are no pipes in their villages to support flushing toilets and no treatment plants - or not enough electricity - to treat sewage properly.




One solution is powered by feces, which it dries and burns into fertilizer. The researcher in South Africa who created the contraption told NPR it was "like a toilet you'd find in the spaceship" and said there would be left over energy "to power the latrine's light and recharge your cellphone".



Other prototypes include a solar-powered toilet and one that converts waste into electricity with microwave technology. They will all be displayed at the fair on August 14 and 15, which will reportedly be attended by Bill Gates himself.



edit on 14-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Yes, with all the jokes aside..... I do believe that it is needed and should benefit a lot of people. This is the kicker for me “More than 2.6 billion people in the world don't have access to clean toilets, and 1.5 million children die each year of diseases that could be prevented with decent sanitation”

I had no idea that the figures were that high…. so yes, credit is given to Bill for his humanitarian aid.

Mickierocksman



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Sorry Realspoke but I'm a pessimist. I just think that when all these ideas are realised as unfeasable, the next idea will be to get us to eat it.
The energy shortage is only because of our dependancy on cars, which basically are mobile internal combustion engines. If we can come away from this addiction we would not need crack pot ideas from doubtful geniuses such as Gates.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
As the old saying goes, "where's there muck, there's brass"l.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel
 




Fast forward to 12:20, and see where how those people use the bathroom. If you don't think that this potentially help them, then I don't know.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Mother of God! I knew things were bad in Liberia but not THIS bad! They don`t have to worry about toilets, they have to worry about getting eaten. I new thread should be made just on this video alone. Such sobering realities of the world outside of the USA would be good the ATS members.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Why Bill Gates bought 200 litres of fake poo!


Has he also bought a giant fan to illustrate the current state of Microsoft?


revolutionary new toilets that don't need water, electricity or even connection to a sewage system.


It's called taking a crap in the woods. Bears and scouts do it all the time.




top topics



 
9
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join