It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan -- Who Hates Government -- Owes His Wealth, Education, Career & Healthcare To Taxpayers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Paul Ryan is a great choice. Too bad he speaks the truth. People hate that.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
10 Things to know about Paul Ryan

1. His economic plan would cost America 1 million jobs in the first year. Ryan's proposed budget would cripple the economy. He'd slash spending deeply, which would not only slow job growth, but shock the economy and cost 1 million of us our jobs in 2013 alone and kill more than 4 million jobs by the end of 2014.

2. He'd kill Medicare. He'd replace Medicare with vouchers for retirees to purchase insurance, eliminating the guarantee of health care for seniors and putting them at the mercy of the private insurance industry. That could amount to a cost increase of more than $5,900 by 2050, leaving many seniors broke or without the health care they need. He'd also raise the age of eligibility to 67.

3. He'd pickpocket the middle class to line the pockets of the rich. His tax plan is Robin Hood in reverse. He wants to cut taxes by $4.6 trillion over the next decade, but only for corporations and the rich, like giving families earning more than $1 million a year a $300,000 tax cut. And to pay for them, he'd raise taxes on middle- and lower-income households and butcher social service programs that help middle- and working-class Americans.

4. He's an anti-choice extremist. Ryan co-sponsored an extremist anti-choice bill, nicknamed the 'Let Women Die Act,' that would have allowed hospitals to deny women emergency abortion care even if their lives were at risk. And he co-sponsored another bill that would criminalize some forms of birth control, all abortions, and in vitro fertilization.

5. He'd dismantle Social Security. Ironically, Ryan used the Social Security Survivors benefit to help pay for college, but he wants to take that possibility away from future generations. He agrees with Rick Perry's view that Social Security is a "Ponzi scheme" and he supported George W. Bush's disastrous proposal to privatize Social Security.

6. He'd eliminate Pell grants for more than 1 million low-income students. His budget plan cuts the Pell Grant program by $200 billion, which could mean a loss of educational funding for 1 million low-income students.

7. He'd give $40 billion in subsidies to Big Oil. His budget includes oil tax breaks worth $40 billion, while cutting "billions of dollars from investments to develop alternative fuels and clean energy technologies that would serve as substitutes for oil."

8. He's another Koch-head politician. Not surprisingly, the billionaire oil-baron Koch brothers are some of Ryan's biggest political contributors. And their company, Koch industries, is Ryan's biggest energy-related donor. The company's PAC and affiliated individuals have given him $65,500 in donations.

9. He opposes gay rights. Ryan has an abysmal voting record on gay rights. He's voted to ban adoption by gay couples, against same-sex marriage, and against repealing "don't ask, don't tell." He also voted against the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which President Obama signed into law in 2009.

10. He thinks an "I got mine, who cares if you're okay" philosophy is admirable. For many years, Paul Ryan devoted himself to Ayn Rand's philosophy of selfishness as a virtue. It has shaped his entire ethic about whom he serves in public office. He even went as far as making his interns read her work.

Please feel free to share this and anything I post, Thank You

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So, what this thread is saying is that only "certain people" (those with a D at the end of their name) are allowed to rape the taxpayer. Okay, it's crystal clear now.

Damn you, Paul Ryan, for being born to an attorney father, and using the tools available to you to become successful. You should have smoked crack, and raped women, and voted Democrat!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you had made a point that he recieved hand outs from the government I could see the hypocrite argument but it appears he and his family actually exchanged their time/expertise/skill for money from a client. In other words, they earned that income. Because the a lot of the time the client was some form of government does not discount the fact that they actually did the work required to earn the money.
In addition, if he were advocating no government I could see the hypocrite argument but he supports limited federal government. I have not heard him advocate for no government.
Your entire premise seems to be debunked by these two simple and obvious facts.
If you had done your research as you claim, you probably would have stumbled upon them.
Good try though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I don't want to go all philosophical and Marxist on you, but capitalism could certainly be considered evil; therefore, super duper rich could possibly be considered evil.

We would all consider a person without limits evil, bad, (insert phrase for questionable character here). A person without limits would do anything. We could apply the same logic to a system. Capitalism is a system without limits. Should we not question a system without limits? ***

***These statements are not categorical facts and merely slightly educated opinions. There may be a case in which everything stated is completely false, and these statements are in fact quite broad and more than likely susceptible to being proven illogical. Yadda reserves the right to back out of these statements entirely if s/he feels necessary.

Actually I consider a person without limits Free. I know many of you get freedom crossed up with evil all the time so I give you all some leeway.
No that does not mean I think people should be able to just go around and kill other people if they want to. Dont be a smart A&&.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
10 things you should know about Paul ryan.

1. Paul Ryans name is very close to Ron Paul so he must be a crazy lunatic libertarian or something.

2. Paul Ryan did not get his cat neutered

3. Paul Ryan once cut a tag off a matress

4. Paul Ryan hates old people

5 Paul Ryan wants to bring back disco

6 Paul Ryan once worked on a slave ship

7. Paul Ryan once sold dope disguised as a nun

8. Paul Ryan sold Manhatten to the Native Americans for some old beads and an infected blanket

9. Paul Ryan traded Sammy Sosa

10 Paul Ryan was the first person off the Costa Concordia

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01

I don't want to go all philosophical and Marxist on you, but capitalism could certainly be considered evil; therefore, super duper rich could possibly be considered evil.

We would all consider a person without limits evil, bad, (insert phrase for questionable character here). A person without limits would do anything. We could apply the same logic to a system. Capitalism is a system without limits. Should we not question a system without limits? ***

***These statements are not categorical facts and merely slightly educated opinions. There may be a case in which everything stated is completely false, and these statements are in fact quite broad and more than likely susceptible to being proven illogical. Yadda reserves the right to back out of these statements entirely if s/he feels necessary.

Actually I consider a person without limits Free. I know many of you get freedom crossed up with evil all the time so I give you all some leeway.
No that does not mean I think people should be able to just go around and kill other people if they want to. Dont be a smart A&&.

Well, you do not understand the argument then. If someone limits themselves to not doing "bad" things, then they are not limitless. Get it?

It's really more of a philosophical argument and philosophical arguments tend to confuse most lay people.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01

Well, you do not understand the argument then. If someone limits themselves to not doing "bad" things, then they are not limitless. Get it?

It's really more of a philosophical argument and philosophical arguments tend to confuse most lay people.

OH I understand it quite welll!
You are making the assumption that the individual has no means of making a decsion without the presence of external limits or that the only thing keeping the individual from being "bad" is the presence of the limiting state.

If man walking down a road is suddenly confronted with a forked path. He can decide to take either path. One path is dark and forboding. Those are not limits they are signals of negative consequences. You make the assumption that he is incapable of taking the safe path based purely on those consequences. You make the assumption that it is only YOU and your minions who can keep this man safe by placing a barrier on that dark dangerous path.
I said that having no limits is freedom. That does not mean there are no consequences and that man can or should not make a judgement based on those consequences.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I agree with most of what you have pointed out. The only thing I would like to add is this: He is a member of the House and Senate Personal Quality of Life Club. I'm sure in his own point of view he sees nothing wrong with receiving the pension or the health care. It is sad that the majority of the peoples representatives seem to hold themselves above the people they represent and seem to think they deserve more than the people they represent.

Good research. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funksoulbrutha
If you had made a point that he recieved hand outs from the government I could see the hypocrite argument but it appears he and his family actually exchanged their time/expertise/skill for money from a client. In other words, they earned that income. Because the a lot of the time the client was some form of government does not discount the fact that they actually did the work required to earn the money.
In addition, if he were advocating no government I could see the hypocrite argument but he supports limited federal government. I have not heard him advocate for no government.
Your entire premise seems to be debunked by these two simple and obvious facts.
If you had done your research as you claim, you probably would have stumbled upon them.
Good try though.

This is another misread of my thread. I have no problem with how his family made money, how he paid for school, how he is using the Nation Register of Historic Places to reduce costs for his home, etc. My problem is the hypocrisy about it. Now that he has it, he rejects it for everyone else.

It is like his public rejection of the Stimulus Act as a waste that would create only temporary jobs, while in the background he wrote four letters to the Sec of the Dept. of Labor imploring him to give stimulus grants to several WI companies, praising the act about how it was going to create good jobs in his community and improving the local economy. This is indicative of how he operates, publicly criticize, reject and slam, privately do the opposite.

Of course, he was never a "fiscal conservative" until the instant Obama took office; then he magically became Mr. No. Yeah, that's intellectually honest. Unfortunately for him, all this light shining on his actions versus his talk, as well as bringing forward his record that most were not aware of, like voting to make abortion, invitro fertilization or even using an IUD or birth control pills potential criminal offenses leading to a murder charge. (Read his cosponsored "Personhood" bill that spells out in minute biological detail that the moment a female's egg is fertilized by a sperm leading to creation of the single cell zygote it becomes a person, entitled to all rights therein. This means, for example, that if you are a woman using an IUD, which prevents a fertilized egg from reaching the womb thus "killing" the zygote, you could be charged with murder. It also means if you are a female cancer patient, whose pregnancy might result in death due to the additional strain on the system or the cancer treatments threat to normal development of the fetus and you thus seek an abortion, you may be charged for murder....even if you were trying to save your own life.

I cannot see how any thinking woman would want this guy anywhere near the presidency. Even 98% right wing women avail themselves of contraception like the pill and others. This means nearly EVERY SINGLE fertile American female is under the constant risk of being charged with murder if Ryan's bill passed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

I'm not going to quote because it will be too long and I only need word: No.

Okay, eight more words: You do not understand what I am saying.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

1. His economic plan would cost America 1 million jobs in the first year. Ryan's proposed budget would cripple the economy. He'd slash spending deeply, which would not only slow job growth, but shock the economy and cost 1 million of us our jobs in 2013 alone and kill more than 4 million jobs by the end of 2014.

2. He'd kill Medicare. He'd replace Medicare with vouchers for retirees to purchase insurance, eliminating the guarantee of health care for seniors and putting them at the mercy of the private insurance industry. That could amount to a cost increase of more than $5,900 by 2050, leaving many seniors broke or without the health care they need. He'd also raise the age of eligibility to 67.

3. He'd pickpocket the middle class to line the pockets of the rich. His tax plan is Robin Hood in reverse. He wants to cut taxes by $4.6 trillion over the next decade, but only for corporations and the rich, like giving families earning more than $1 million a year a $300,000 tax cut. And to pay for them, he'd raise taxes on middle- and lower-income households and butcher social service programs that help middle- and working-class Americans.

4. He's an anti-choice extremist. Ryan co-sponsored an extremist anti-choice bill, nicknamed the 'Let Women Die Act,' that would have allowed hospitals to deny women emergency abortion care even if their lives were at risk. And he co-sponsored another bill that would criminalize some forms of birth control, all abortions, and in vitro fertilization.

5. He'd dismantle Social Security. Ironically, Ryan used the Social Security Survivors benefit to help pay for college, but he wants to take that possibility away from future generations. He agrees with Rick Perry's view that Social Security is a "Ponzi scheme" and he supported George W. Bush's disastrous proposal to privatize Social Security.

6. He'd eliminate Pell grants for more than 1 million low-income students. His budget plan cuts the Pell Grant program by $200 billion, which could mean a loss of educational funding for 1 million low-income students.

7. He'd give $40 billion in subsidies to Big Oil. His budget includes oil tax breaks worth $40 billion, while cutting "billions of dollars from investments to develop alternative fuels and clean energy technologies that would serve as substitutes for oil."

8. He's another Koch-head politician. Not surprisingly, the billionaire oil-baron Koch brothers are some of Ryan's biggest political contributors. And their company, Koch industries, is Ryan's biggest energy-related donor. The company's PAC and affiliated individuals have given him $65,500 in donations.

9. He opposes gay rights. Ryan has an abysmal voting record on gay rights. He's voted to ban adoption by gay couples, against same-sex marriage, and against repealing "don't ask, don't tell." He also voted against the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which President Obama signed into law in 2009.

10. He thinks an "I got mine, who cares if you're okay" philosophy is admirable. For many years, Paul Ryan devoted himself to Ayn Rand's philosophy of selfishness as a virtue. It has shaped his entire ethic about whom he serves in public office. He even went as far as making his interns read her work.

I hope you cut and paste this crap, I would hate for you to spend more time on it than just that...same old left wing talking points that is floating around.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by cornucopia

I hope you cut and paste this crap, I would hate for you to spend more time on it than just that...same old left wing talking points that is floating around.

hey truth is truth...

let the people decide now

oh and as if conservatives are better? actually conservatives are more fail for humanity, conservatives are selfish in their ways, imo...

when now is the time to share, this economy will collapse and then it will be up to us humans to care for each other.

watch and see

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think you have shown your true intentions in the defence of this poorly researched and poorly disguised hit piece.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Yes I do and more in depth apparently than you do yourself.

You made a flipant statement the Capitalism could be considered evil because its a system with no limits.
Clearly indicating that you consider a capitalist or anyone who promotes capitalism to be evil and thinking themselves without limits. You out right state No limits = evil.

You open the post with a token statement that you didnt want to get all Marxist and philosophical but you went and did it anyway.

Then you close with a humorous pseudo-leagaleze disclaimer.

I responded that no limits does not in fact equal evil.
Your response is a reenforcement of the earlier statement about capitalism = evil although you seem to not realize that. You are taking the position that since people make a choice to do something that is right or wrong they have in fact set a limit. This is a classic wedge statement that opens the door to the logical follow up. Since people set their own limits about what is right or wrong there have to be limits. Since there has to be limits then it is the job of the government to set those limits to protect us form people who will not choose to do things "right".
That position cleverly leaves out the part about who gets to decide whats "right".

What I have shown you is that right or wrong are defined by the consequences and the responsibilities.But also that people will choose to do what is right because they want too. They do not need an external entity to box them in or contain them.
Once an entity sets the first fence it it only a matter of time before you are fenced in completely.

No "system" is perfect and no one is saying that under capitalism that people will always choose to do the right thing. They will not. As I said there should be consequences for those that violate the rights of others through force or fraud. I want to see the banksters held accountable but the fact that some choose to violate the rights of others is not an endictment on the entire theory of the system. You can be supportive of the system and still demand that those who defrauded it be held accountable. Just like you can demand smaller government and reduced government spending and still sell a product to the government.
Those two things are not incompatable.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

I refuse to go through and rip your other posts apart because you're just rambling.

Would it hurt your feelings less if I told you that you really do understand what you're saying? Good--I'm glad we've settled this

edit on 8/16/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join