It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from god? who is god?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Dear Christians:

God here. I thought I would take the time to personally explain my absence in the Aurora shootings. While I was at it, I thought I would also explain my absence during every murder, massacre and crime that has ever taken p
lace in World history, and in every war, in every famine, drought and flood.

You see, I do not exist. I never have. Did it really make sense to you that I would create an entire Universe with billions of billions of planets and wait about 13,700,000,000 years just so I could focus on a few Jews from Palestine about 2,000 years ago while ignoring the rest of the 200,000,000 people on the planet at the time? Did I make those few Jews or did those few Jews make me?

Further, do you really think I would sit back and do nothing while Nazis killed 6 million of my “chosen people,” but find it important enough to intervene and turn water into wine to stop some hosts being embarrassed at a wedding in Cana? Why did I seem to be so active in the Middle East for a brief period about 2,000 years ago, but totally absent everywhere else on the planet and for the rest of recorded history? Did I make the Jews or did the Jews make me?

So, you really think my periodic miracles prove my existence hey? Then why not something inarguable and unambiguous, like a huge crucifix in the sky, or my face on the moon? Why is it always that believers have to construct my miracles out of perfectly explicable natural events?

This happens every time there is a tragedy or near tragedy of any kind, anywhere in the world and in all cultures. Captain "Sully" Sullenberger pilots a distressed plane to land safely on the Hudson River in New York City with no deaths, and it's a miracle from God; a young girl is found in India, totally terrorized, but alive after being abducted and ra.ped for a week, and it’s a miracle from my competi.tor Rama (or Vishnu or Shiva) that she is returned to her parents; or a family in Northern Pakistan survives an errant American missile attack, and it’s a miracle from Allah.

What all these self-serving proclamations of miraculous intervention always ignore is the downside of the incidents. The fact that the passengers and crew of Flight 1549 were terrorized and the plane destroyed, that 11 innocent people are dead in Aurora, that the girl was held for seven days, ra.ped and sod.omized and will be traumatized for the rest of her life, or that a number of innocent civilians were killed by the missile.

Of course, none of these incidents really are "miracles.” When the totality of facts are taken into account, "miracles" turn out to be nothing more than believers who are desperate for some sign of my existence ignoring the downside of a set of facts, focusing solely on the upside and calling the quarantined "good" a miracle from me or one of the other sky-fairies. A CEO might as well ignore the liability side of his balance sheet and declare it a “miracle” that his company just doubled in value.

Another annoying habit my “miracles” seem to have is that they always seem to tag along, just behind medical science, like an annoying kid brother who won’t go away. Until the mid nineties, those with AIDS who prayed for a miracle were never granted one. Medical science finds a way to permanently suppress the disease, and all of a sudden I start to perform miracles with AIDS patients. No polio patient ever received a miracle until the Salk vaccine and I routinely ignored cancer patients until chemotherapy and radiation treatments were developed. Suddenly, prayers to me from cancer patients are regularly “answered.”

Why is it that I still seem deaf to the pleadings of amputees who would like their fingers, arms or legs back, to those who have physically lost eyes or ears, to the horribly burned and to all others who ail from patently visible and currently incurable maladies? Why is it that, at the very same time, I am very receptive to the prayers of those whose condition is uncertain, internal and vulnerable to miraculous claims?

Take five minutes to make two lists; one of those ailments I will miraculously cure and the other of those I will not. You will quickly find it coincides perfectly with those conditions medical science (or the human body itself) can defeat and those we cannot. Why do you think that is? It is almost as my miracles are created out of medical ambiguity isn’t it?

No, my human friends. I am afraid I do not exist. I do not read your minds (or “hear your prayers” as you like to call it) and you are not going to achieve immortality (or “eternal life” as you like to call it) no matter how many commandments from Iron Age Palestine you choose to “keep”. Move on and enjoy the few years you have. You were all dead for the last 13,700,000,000 years and it wasn’t that least bit uncomfortable now, was it?
God..

yea, that's what i thought....

edit on 14-8-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Who was this supposed to appeal to?

All that jabbering might mean something to someone who already agreed with you, but for anyone who believes? I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has posted a diatribe as boring as this.

Baddmove? Yeah, I'd say so.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry child, I feel your pain.

I was there when that awful thing happened that caused you to post a hopeless rant online. It's OK.

-God.

As far as bad things happening in the world, God needs to mess things up so his son will have something fun to do.

Demons were created so Angels would have someone to boss around.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We all choose our road and learn what we can. If you wanna play around with denial of what you are then that is your choice. You are as caught up in duality as the most fundamentalistic religious Christians from my point of view with their limited understanding of both god and themselves. Just because the bible is thruths within lies do not mean god does not exist.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You do realize that this has already been posted and if I'm not mistaken, reached the front page at some point. This is old news, get with the times.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was at the Aurora shooting, I’m everywhere.
Too bad, what happened.. mental illness should be taken more seriously in modern society; treated, not medicated. I hate to say I told you so, but if you hadn’t bitten the apple, there would have been no Aurora shooting, the polar ice caps wouldn’t be melting, and water wouldn't be collecting in your oceans. Best of luck with all of that.

When I created man, I gave him freewill. I have a plan for each of you, but when i say “a plan” it’s more like an infinite amount of potential outcomes, the outcome being determined by the choices you make in your story - you have the choice to do good things, or do bad things.

@Universe - Earth is a rock, floating around another rock that is on fire. Our solar system is a small part of a larger system, which is a small part of a larger system, which is a sm..... Our solar system is made of 100% recycled materials. *Jazz hands*

@13.7B years - The rules of space and time do not apply to me.

@ignoring 220M Jews - Freewill; civilizations develop, or they don’t. People unite and find common ground to solve problems faced by society, or they are relegated to history books.

@Nazis - freewill; maybe the people shouldn’t allow their government to lord over them? Government is suppose to protect, but absolute power corrupts absolutely; most human brains can’t handle drugs like power (the older models, at least). Respect your government, but if you’ve lost faith in your government you are welcome to follow me. PM me for my twitter handle, but understand that, if I choose to interface with you, you will do everything I command of you. I empathize with your religious frustrations, existence is complicated, but you’re committing blasphemy, and blasphemy pisses me off. Who are you to question me?

@Miracles - Miracles are perfectly natural events. Belief is an amazing placebo.

Captain Sully landed that plane on his own, but if you want to get into semantics, he channeled his inner God to do it; but when I say “channeled his inner God” I just mean he made the right choice.. obviously, considering what the end result of making the wrong choice would have been.. Within each of us lies the potential for great things. India is not as developed as America; it’s too bad things like that occur, maybe if everyone behaved more like Jesus, things would be better? People get eaten by lions in Africa.. that can’t be pleasant. Would you like me to fix all of this for you? Say the word and I’ll make all of the bad things go away, but be careful what you wish for.

Ok, I’m bored with this.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Allfodr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Before anyone starts blaming God, first I have a question....

....Why is there 16,000 children are dying everyday due to hunger-related illnesses/extreme poverty and yet....

...You are out here, eating 3 meals a day, have a nice home and car to come to, a happy family, that nice big TV????

And then you're gonna answer back, I got education, then I got a job, worked hard for it...

...but what about this people??? They've worked desperately hard, but they were desperately poor, in a very poor country. The world never game them a chance!!

But YOU, yes YOU, you have resources to help someone dying in another part of the world, maybe sell your car, sell some of your gadgets, give it to the needy!!

Seek the truth before you judge!! Our God taught us to actually GO OUT there to help save change lives, NOT to work out own little empires for the day, and sit it out the rest and relax and retire and retire in abundance!!

God taught us everything, it's all about helping people out without asking for reward, compensation..

Our God NEVER taught that HE will PERSONALLY rescue people, it's OUR responsibility. God is MAKING HEROES NOT COUCH POTATOES!!!!

Now you tell me, who's God or Genie are you blaming???
edit on 14-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Who was this supposed to appeal to?

All that jabbering might mean something to someone who already agreed with you, but for anyone who believes? I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has posted a diatribe as boring as this.

Baddmove? Yeah, I'd say so.

You may believe that this posted thread to be a boring diatribe of jabbering nonsense, but don't you think that it all down to the point of view of the reader.........

I am presuming that you are a believer in God etc, going by your reply to the OP...........

I can totally associate with what the OP has posted here, sometimes it is good to have a rant and get things off your chest....you don't have to pose a question, just writing things down at a certain time and in a certain way allows people to tune in and write a reply based on what they feel appropriate in relation to what has been written........

For most of my childhood I believe that my upbringing was ruined by the church, bible, biblical teachings and all the other nonsense.........

My parents had both myself and my sister, but they were more interested in the church and the people in church, we were what you term as being put on the back burner...........

I tried and tried to understand the teachings of the bible and a so called God figure, but even at a young age I worked out that it was all a load of poppycock......

God and everything else that goes with it is all made up by man.......

People today are being indoctrinated, intoxicated and brainwashed with biblical mish mash like so many millions of others before them and all the others that will come after them...........

It is a great business venture to make money out of something that doesn't exist......

It is a marvellous plan by men in the passed and present time to take money from people who can't afford to place coffers on the collection plate, who prey on their guilt, unintelligence, terror and fear of something that they are made to believe exists but doesn't........this will go on forever until the world as we know it exists no more..........

I wish that people would get away from their indoctrinated and brainwashed ideas, think for themselves, have some time out and work it out for themselves and try to understand.....

This idea of a God and the creation of everything is wrong.......

From the moment a child is born they are bombarded with stories from an old book, they are not given a chance to work things out for themselves without any indoctrination.............BRAINWASHING FROM AN EARLY AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People need to break the habit that has been passed down to them from former generations and start afresh.......

People who believe in creation and biblical teachings within the church (so called Christians etc) will tell you not to listen to others who tell you that God does not exist, because if you do so then you will be sent to the fires of hell for eternity with the Devil.....

Oh, by the way, the Devil does not exist either........

The whole religion God and Jesus idea really ties my heart up in a big tight knot because I can truly see the pain and suffering all this has caused over time and how it is going to continue in the future.......

All you so called Christians out there who go to church, ask yourselves a question of why you go to church.....If you have gone since you were a child, ask yourselves why.......are you just continuing to do something because that is what your parents parents did and what your parents have done?

Don't be scared to doubt that God exists.......

Don't be scared to doubt his existence for one second, minute, day or month just in case for that one time that you do doubt him then he will return and you will not be taken up to heaven with all the others.....

That will not happen........

Think for yourself, take some time out for yourself and think it all over and work out if it is really the way you want to live your life with all the other blind sheep................

Ooooh, I hate this pretend being called God, I wish the world could start again without all this religious jargon.....

Just think how beautiful the world was before man came along and ruined it all with this nonsensical, mythical made up crap...........

So I would like to thank the OP for his thread today, you are not alone with your thoughts and beliefs. We are not sheep we are the people who can see all the truth, it's all the other religious sheep worldwide that I feel sorry for.............

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I am sorry that God is a dirty word for you. It sounds like you have a very good reason to be angry but it is not God or even the word 'God' that hurt you. It was your parents neglect that hurt you.
Whilst reading your post it hit me that maybe the church and religion actually want people to go against God. It would make sense that if there is to be human control then the organizations would have to make sure you do not get near God.
The 'story' of Jesus tells us clearly that Jesus was against all authority, so he was killed by the authorities.
The church is the authority on how to be good, it teaches you to be a 'good slave'.

God is not 'the church'.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
@16,000 children dying every day - resource management, freewill. Man spends $2,000,000,000,000 each year on war.. could be spending that money on renewable energy and high-yeild agriculture in developing nations. If you have the resources to help someone who is unable to help themselves, great, but charity breeds dependency; the best way to solve those kinds of problems is to repair the United States and help from a position of power. Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats forever.

@davethebear - Your upbringing wasn't ruined by the church. The bible is just stories intended to teach you how to behave as a human being. Sounds like a scapegoat. God isn't Christianity, God is every religion since the dawn of time.

"This idea of a God and the creation of everything is wrong......." - So enlighten us, what created space and time? or did it create itself? Have you looked at the universe lately? Check it out. Are you familiar with the complexity of Earth's systems? Your body? Magical. Your brain? You're welcome for the 9 Ghz quantum-computer. Science can only get you so far; science exists to try and explain God.

@Church - You don't have to go to church, but it's nice to see people take time to respect their creator, even if organized religion has become capitolistic.

@The Devil - maybe the Devil doesn't exist? Maybe the Devil is a metaphor for bad decisions, giving into temptation.. Lying, cheating, stealing.. Then again, maybe the Devil does exist, and he plays characters in your life to lead you down paths you otherwise wouldn't have chosen. Lucifer is massively intelligent; he contains all human knowledge.. Good luck competing with that, if he exists, I mean.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Dear Christians:

God here.

If you don't exist, how did you type this post?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The 'story' of Jesus tells us clearly that Jesus was against all authority, so he was killed by the authorities.

WRONG Jesus didn't go against the authorities, he is the only Authority. You got it backwards buddy. Did you ever read the new testament? If you did how did you take away him being a rebel? The message in the NT is that he is the only true Authoriy, and that everyone else were the rebels. When he returns he will rule with an iron hand. The church teaches to surrender and be obedient to him because when he returns it will be as a Conqueror. The rebels he will deal with at Megiddo.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Really..

there is no god and never has been and never will be...

please grow up and face reality....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
Our God taught us to actually GO OUT there to help save change lives, NOT to work out own little empires for the day, and sit it out the rest and relax and retire and retire in abundance!!

Isn't the end goal for ALL of us to be able to "relax and retire in abundance"?

Originally posted by ahnggk
God taught us everything, it's all about helping people out without asking for reward, compensation..

Our God NEVER taught that HE will PERSONALLY rescue people, it's OUR responsibility. God is MAKING HEROES NOT COUCH POTATOES!!!!

I'm glad you feel that way. Sometimes I feel a bit alone in my dream to make this planet a utopia.

My personal opinion is that trying to rationalize belief makes one neurotic. However, if you're able to function normally when it comes to bringing peace on Earth, more power to you. I'm glad to have you on my side.
edit on 27-8-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A rather interesting OP.

I think once the Christians learned that god created man in his image they figured they didn't have to do anything but stand around and be gold bricks and expect everyone to do for them. Afterall, what they like to term god is a bunch of lazy higher intelligent types with advanced sciences that needed a bunch of slaves to do their biddings.

I'd hate to see what the Christians do when some advanced life form visits the Earth and they all have be the worshiping their space vehicle as god.

Hitler appears to have been onto that old god theme with his Ayran race game as all these old games for genetic breeding that are the basis for the story of Adam and Eve is the genetic expression for the blonde hair, blue eyes, type O Rh Neg Blue Blood that are those closely related to their relatives, like Enoch, Noah, Nimrod, and so on down the line.

Hitler was about going back to this pure genetics from the creator gods that lived around the City of Ur and Eridu in very ancient times. This genetic line became the center of intelligence in all the very old cultures and advanced cities around the planet.

That Blue-Eyed and Blonde Hair even showed up in the genetics of King David and that for Jesus, which made them stand outs and rather special, neither of them god, nor those that messed with the genetics earlier. Though the primitive minds of the times termed those with the advanced sciences as being gods, they were not.

So, today we have a bunch of Christians worshiping themselves as the big book tells they were made like god, so they want the rest of the world to do their biddings. Even in one part of Jesus words he speaks to his followers being like gods.

What we have now a day is basically a lot of self aggradizing persons that buy their little book's story and they think the get to boss the world and be better than anyone else not so hyped up on a little book's non-sense that causes a lot of problems in the world. It also supports kings and disproportions of wealth, but the Christians love that idea and money, which they can't get enough of.

Work those little factors into your OP, and you will have a winner thesis.

edit on 27-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: these with primative minds are the followers of non-sense

top topics

join