It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.7 EQ just now in Russia, 5.1 on the US west coast

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I was reading that CRAP earlier when someone had mentioned it. What a bunch of hilarious nonsense with her crazy talk of extreme anxiety, going insane etc. You can tell she's nuts by the way she talks of her "predictions" and let's not forget her... "messages.." from her "guides" You have GOT to be kidding me. So I saw her mention how she put a zones tab and describe was apparently supposed to happen to those zones. I cannot believe how many people believe her and vulnerably seek her help as though she is some special prophet speaking prophecy from her lunatic imaginary guides. People, do NOT listen to her or anybody like her. As soon as you hear the terms "my guides/Spirit guides.. RUN away, as fast as you can. Do not look back or doubt yourself. These people have got to be eating so much GMO foods their intuition has become dangerously blocked, never to return.
What the hell? The first time I looked I laughed and my eyes went wide.. forcing myself to question how people turned out this way. All of this new age biz is really starting to get on my nerves. You are not right, you do not know the future just because you close your eyes, breathe, imagine, believe, imagine... imagine, visualize, TRICK yourself into believing some sort of GUIDES are telling you what is going to happen and helping you gain back your rightful powers of your HIGHER SELF> Someone help these people. If I offend you, I am sorry.. This is MY opinion.
edit on 14-8-2012 by lethalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

LMAO. I thought the same exact thing. Eh, people do what they do, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

How so? As he laid it out in his post he was correct in the way that the earths mantle recycles the crust of the plates........

Oh I know...you've been sniffing glue.....yea huffing...your key to independance.....

Play sanitary......

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I would also tend to keep a close eye on NZ or the region of between Sept 10-15th

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

There won't be a tsunami if the quake is that deep in the earth, at least from my understanding. Earthquakes happen all the time, i dunno why Coombs would be surprised. The moon probably has the same tidal effect on our molten core and mantle that it does on the seas.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here's the link for the West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center on NOAA:
wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov...

I didn't see anyone post this yet so I thought this might be useful as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
All this confused talk of multiple 7.7 quakes in Russia all happening at virtually the same time and multiple quakes of 5.1 in California at the same time etc is really making me think... *Face Palm*

I read through the 1st few pages and nobody (from what I saw) managed to figure out these are simply multiple reports of the SAME EQ. It took me all of 60 seconds on that website to see what was going on!

There were NOT 2/3/4/5/6 or whatever 7.7's in Russia!!! these where multiple reports from different sources of the same quake and when the same source shows up twice it is because that source amended its original info like for example the USGS upgrading the quake in Russia from a 7.3 to 7.7
They may also update the depth, time, longitude, latitude and so on...

If some are being deleted it is probably because they are confirmed as duplicates from the same source so why keep them?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
They have learned to predict quakes they just will not do it.

article from July
iceagenow.info...

"The 34th International Geological Congress scheduled August 5 to 10 in Brisbane, Australia is expected to attract over
5 000 scientists from 111 different countries."

“At the moment,” says Straser, “we are concentrating our observations in a region of Kamchatka, Russian Far East, and our focus is in particular the prediction of earthquakes greater than magnitude 6. So far, we have been able to predict the epicentral area and the period of an earthquake, but not the magnitude. The results are encouraging, however. ”

another
Scientists debate new evidence for electromagnetic earthquake predictors
news.stanford.edu...

In 1989, in the days before the Loma Prieta earthquake, Fraser-Smith detected huge radio signals in the ultra-low frequency (ULF) range, 0.01 to 10 hertz, with an instrument placed 7 kilometers from the epicenter.

so they said back in then they knew an hour ahead...
"However, one hour before a November 1987 earthquake in Japan, Uyeda's ULF detector went off scale, he said. Like Fraser- Smith, he awaits further quakes to test his hypothesis."
edit on 14-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
81 minutes ago.

another quake in Iran - tabriz.

magnitude 5.1

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

So from space they could see the change in ELF a month ahead, i would say by now they know when they are coming.
www.technologyreview.com...

In Brookings OR last week we had a front page full of warnings and the .Gov. basically telling everyone locally in the area and to Wash state to be ready. This kind of news has never happened before. I think they already KNOW an approximate time.

A French satellite observed a dramatic increase in ultra low frequency radio waves over Haiti in the month before the M7.0 earthquake earlier this year.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I think the 7.7 triggered the reading in CA. Unless someone here personally felt them, I wouldn't worry too much over them disapearing.

I'm smack dab in the middle of San Francisco. Didn't feel a thing. How very odd. We usually feel a 4.0 or larger quake in some way.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I kinda figured that was the case. The seismos went bonkers. No sweat over them vanishing then. Thank you for the personal report.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
This is it folks, the guy who posted a video about earthquake hitting california 9.0 could.come true, he even said god will give a warning.tsunami from or near japan and in two weeks after that cali will be hit with 9.0 . I suggest ppl should.take this warning seriously . This is very concerning california is experincing a lot earthquakes recently and if i live near the tremors i would pack my bag and move in land. Take care all

California is INUNDATED with earthquakes daily, about 10,000 per year (most small) according to: Source: US Geological Survey Earthquake, FEMA. This is not to say that a larger event isn't looming in the near future, but I'm sure for many California residents it's business as usual! Ah the power of rationalization!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lover088
Most Dangerous Time for Strong Earthquakes in 2012 ..

Like many times EQ of this magnitude was predicted, hope next time people take my warnings more seriously ..

www.godlikeproductions.com...

edit on 14-8-2012 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

How can they with so many predictions flying around and the times for them coming and going all wrong?

How are you predicting yours?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The 7.7 EQ in Russia was 388.9 miles deep! The deepest EQ's recorded are 400 miles deep which is located in the upper mantle and usually happen due to Earth's crust being loosened and mixing in with the upper mantle!

If that area collapsed in; it could be the beginnings of a new super-volcano and with all the ash ejected from it and eventually blocking out the sun, a new ice age! Sorry, I was thinking out loud in that last sentence. lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I find it interesting that so many quakes ate happening on a line I would assume from the map they are all on the same Latitude? Anyone know?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Finally, a post of reason, Puterman. I feel disgusted to people predicting and also people riding on other peoples prediction, making everything more of a daytime drama or a gossip show.

Those CA/NZ quake "psychics or medium" are a bunch of fear mongers really. If you really take a closer look at them, they are either selling stuff on their websites or gathering hits and ads clicks and the only way to do that is to post fear. It's very convenient for them to ride on what's presently unfolding and then spin it off as a HIT on their own prediction when really, they are grasping on straws.

They also edit their blogs to add or delete small stuff to fit their "predictions" to what is happening, then brag their way to twitter and forums like these. Pick one of these "psychics" and go to their blogs and screen grab their posts and wait a few days and you will see edits to it in favor of their "predictions". Take notice of this EQs last night(Aug 13), I'll bet these "psychics or medium" will add August 14 as a "HOT" day for their EQ predictions!

These people pretend to be helping or guiding people who will be victimized by these calamities when in REALITY, they are only spreading panic, especially to those people who are gullible. These "predictions" hurt people in many ways, anxiety or other accidents. Also, notice how these "psychics" turn into babies when they get criticized and almost disappointed that the EQS didn't happen to the corresponding places they predicted. Some of them claim they're getting their info from Mother Earth, some says from the Pleiadians, etc. But you can be sure they ALL contradict themselves, try to throw some logic at them, you'll see.

One more disturbing thing these "psychics" does is making the public panic in fear and act impulsively. Why not make everyone calm, you can warn people without making them fearful. Spread positive but informed messages and you'll see positive results. Guess what happens when people in fear thinks about bad things will happen, it will happen! They'll all be victims of self-fullfiling predictions, which seems making the "psychics" happy somehow.

Are these the people who we really need to listen or believe? These "psychics" seems very disappointed when their predictions fails as if it is a bad thing. They also becomes really happy and braggy when something even remotely close happens and just spinning it as a hit together with a bunch of mambo jumbo explanations.

FACT is, anywhere in the world specially those that are along the ring of fire SHOULD at all times BE READY for these kinds of calamity. We don't need these "mediums" to tell us what they're hearing or feeling and spew fear to people.

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by storm2012

My recommendation would be that you do not take too much notice of people predicting Mag 9 earthquakes in California. Whilst I am not saying they cannot happen it is extremely unlikely. ~Mag 8 is about the max for California, with ~8.5 for Oregon extending down to Northern California if the southern end of Cascadia was to go and a ~Mag 9 if the whole Cascadia fault was to go.

California is not experiencing any more earthquakes than is normal, the only exception this year being a small blip during April/May. You can see on this chart that other than that, and of course Baja California in 2010, the last 2.5 or so years has been steady in terms of earthquake numbers.

You can see the same thing when looking at the energy release. All steady except the few larger quakes. No increase is discernible that could be considered out of the ordinary for the region.

The mag 7.7 was not unexpected either as there has been an ongoing swarm at shallower depths for the past month or so.

Next up - Vanuatu probably.

edit on 14-8-2012 by NoBSpls because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Strange they don't show the Midwest quakes on the maps like they do here.

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

We have been told here CA coast that if the ground shakes for 20 secs or more the tsunami is imminent because the quake was close to us and that at that point there is nothing left to do but try to survive. No time to get to high ground.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
The 7.7 EQ in Russia was 388.9 miles deep! The deepest EQ's recorded are 400 miles deep which is located in the upper mantle and usually happen due to Earth's crust being loosened and mixing in with the upper mantle!

If that area collapsed in; it could be the beginnings of a new super-volcano and with all the ash ejected from it and eventually blocking out the sun, a new ice age! Sorry, I was thinking out loud in that last sentence. lol.

There is also a theory that methane release can cause the earthquakes. The arctic storm may be the beginning of huge methane releases world wide.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Does anyone find it odd that the MSM is not talking about these EQs? There is nothing on NBCNews, CNN, FoxNews, ABCNews etc..

I always get Breaking News from CNN in my email. I even received breaking news on the 11th about the EQ in Iran, but nothing about then EQs in Russia and U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join