It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come gaze into infinity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
With all the talk about eternity and infinity in my previous thread i have been trying to look for anything infinite that can be observed.

This is what i came across.

This is so amazing, i knew about the Mandelbrot set but never took the time to observe it.

The images and music are simply amazing, epic!

As explain in the link, if the first picture was the diameter of the observable universe, the last frame of this video would be 0.003 mm. And it can zoom in to infinity.

Mandelbrot set explained here : en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-8-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
And to think these are only examples of reality.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
And to think these are only examples of reality.

Crazy i know. Even crazier is that i have been pressing replay for 30 minutes pretending to be a Teutonic knight flying in space on a unicorn with a huge shield and a light saber in my living room because of the music!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

Hi DCLXVI and all.

It is our sister ( 3rd in 5 children ) who made us BIG fractals FANS ! !

We did read many books.
We even had fractal calendars !

Then I could make them move with my "IBM compatible" XT computer,
with a CPU 10 mhz in speed ! 4 colors screen !
Ohhhhhhhhh! how slow and long it was !! B-)

Now, it is a pleasure to admire !!
. . .and they are now 3D ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI
The images and music are simply amazing, epic!

As explain in the link, if the first picture was the diameter of the observable universe, the last frame of this video would be 0.003 mm. And it can zoom in to infinity.
Don't you find the images repetitive? And as a result there's also no sense of scale, except for some text in the lower right corner, which isn't very visual.

I love videos that show dramatic differences in scale. I think this video is about a million times more interesting because the images aren't so repetitive, and the images show real things instead of mandelbrot images that give you no sense of scale whatsoever:

There wasn't much computer graphics in 1977 when that was made so it's pretty good for that era.

Here's a more modern version incorporating more modern computer graphics, narrated by Morgan Freeman, that's about ten million times better than the Mandelbrot set video (watch this one in 1080 if your monitor is capable):

I find far more beauty in nature, than in those repetitive squiggly lines in the Mandelbrot set video. Doesn't everyone?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I find far more beauty in nature, than in those repetitive squiggly lines in the Mandelbrot set video. Doesn't everyone?

I love them both.
It's all astounding, but bloody hell, fractals are amazing (and found in Nature).

new topics

top topics

join