It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign: 'Why The Hell Did Romney Pick This Guy?'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

LMAO, Biden won't be quite sure where he is, my 12 year old could debate and be more convincing than ol Joe

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Xtrozero

I paid no federal income taxes for years and years and I made above 50 to 70k at the time...

Get out of here and take your phony-baloney malarkey with you. That is a bald-faced lie.

Even minimum wage jobs pay federal taxes. And no matter what you are ALWAYS paying sales taxes, FICA, state income taxes, property taxes, etc.

we went over this before blackmarketeer. Minimum wage has there taxes withheld by there Employer for that work year. They then file their taxes and receive a tax credit larger then what they paid for the whole year. Hence the wording, 49% of tax payers don’t pay taxes. Again 49% “Tax payers” don’t pay taxes.

If at the end of the year you get back more than you paid in taxes, then you didn’t pay taxes. Its not that hard.

And yes, we are talking federal income taxes here.

edit on 14-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Over 50% of this country pay no federal taxes. Social security and the other payroll taxes are not taxes, per se, but, rather deposits for both health and retirement insurance. People today due to their longivity take far more out of these systems than they put in.

Excise taxes? You could'nt feed the residents of the housing projects of one major city for a year on the excise taxes paid by the residents. Not close.

Ryan will lay the facts out and folks can make their minds up based on the facts, not spin.

These programs are broke. Grow up and recognize that they need to be blown-up and put back together.

Now tomorrow when you're at work just remember that you're working to help pay for Warren Buffet's social security and Medicare. Why? Because the cowards we have elected over the past 20 years, from both parties who knew these systems were going broke did not even have the stones to means test them, thats why.

I think a means test would only be fair if the person paying into it could wright it off on taxes if he/she is going to be to rich to receive the benefits.

My two cents

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Xtrozero

I paid no federal income taxes for years and years and I made above 50 to 70k at the time...

Get out of here and take your phony-baloney malarkey with you. That is a bald-faced lie.

Even minimum wage jobs pay federal taxes. And no matter what you are ALWAYS paying sales taxes, FICA, state income taxes, property taxes, etc.

we went over this before blackmarketeer. Minimum wage has there taxes withheld by there Employer for that work year. They then file their taxes and receive a tax credit larger then what they paid for the whole year. Hence the wording, 49% of tax payers don’t pay taxes. Again 49% “Tax payers” don’t pay taxes.

If at the end of the year you get back more than you paid in taxes, then you didn’t pay taxes. Its not that hard.

And yes, we are talking federal income taxes here.

edit on 14-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Its 47%, not 49%. Dont add percentages out of the blue. If everone did this we'd be at 100% people not paying taxes in no time (not that im against this, but facts should be kept accurate)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Sounds like Panic Mode for sure !!

It must be "Anybody But Ryan" would have been better for the Obama Campaign?

Actually, from what I have seen GOP strategists are the ones in panic mode. Selecting Ryan has switched the current political debate from the economy to Medicare and the extreme Ryan budget.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep
Paul Ryan acts/looks/speaks like one of those speakers at an MLM (multi-level marketing/pyramid scheme) presentation. His actions aren't much different either.
edit on 13-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

YES! I was trying to figure out what kind of Douche he was and that nailed it! Paul fits the Marketing/Pyramid Scheming Douche!

Why is it Mormons are always falling for these guys? Poor Willard Hang on to your Millions! LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep

Its 47%, not 49%. Dont add percentages out of the blue. If everone did this we'd be at 100% people not paying taxes in no time (not that im against this, but facts should be kept accurate)

Here is another one... the "Middle Class" pays an average of 5.7%.... And so the Demos of the 47% who do not pay any and the Demos of those who pay 5.7% on an average in the Middle Class got their pitchforks and torches ready demanding the rich pay 38%...lol

When will you guys realize it is all about gaining votes...nothing more...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join