It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign: 'Why The Hell Did Romney Pick This Guy?'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Panic Incorporated has spoken in an email to "supporters".

The Obama Campaign has apparently sent out a mass email bomb:

here is the bulk of it: (minus the silly solicitation)

Friend --

Congressman Paul Ryan is the poster boy for the extreme Republican leadership in a Congress whose overall approval rating is 12 percent. His plan to dismantle Medicare is deeply unpopular with the general public, and especially undecided voters.

You might be wondering why the hell Romney picked this guy. But this is a strategic pick that carries real danger for us.

Here's the calculation: Mitt Romney doesn't need or expect Paul Ryan to convince even one undecided voter to cast their ballot for him. That's not what he's on the ticket for. He's there to reassure and inspire ultraconservative ideologues and corporate interests that they will have one of their own a heartbeat from the presidency.

That means tens or even hundreds of millions more dollars for the Romney campaign and the array of outside groups supporting him – and if current trends hold, more than 90 percent of that money will be spent on TV ads -- lying, distorting and trashing Barack Obama. Those ads will have more impact on undecided voters than anything Paul Ryan himself does or says.

Mitt Romney is convinced that picking Paul Ryan is a great investment for him. And his campaign is already touting the pledges and donations they've received as a result, with fundraising events planned for this week.

We're already being outraised, and we can't afford to fall further behind. Our records show that you're still waiting to make your first online donation -- now is the time.

More soon.

Messina

Jim Messina

Campaign Manager

Obama for America
source opinion

OhOh....

Sounds like Panic Mode for sure !!

It must be "Anybody But Ryan" would have been better for the Obama Campaign?

Hey wait. Since when do the Democrats pick the Republican candidates ?

Oh wait. They would if we allow the "commie" ways to happen !!

"Ryanoia" is upon us

Better get ready for Romney/Ryan two-terms !

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ya they are in panic mode since Ryan can run rings around either of them. I will be suprise if we see a vice-president debate of anykind... lol

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Paul Ryan acts/looks/speaks like one of those speakers at an MLM (multi-level marketing/pyramid scheme) presentation. His actions aren't much different either.
edit on 13-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by xuenchen

Eh, not really panic so much as it is soliciting for donations to the Obama campaign.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm sorry can you point me to the specific text that shows panic because I sure as hell don't see it. They were already tying Romney and Ryan together two months ago. I can assure you, no one has wet their bed over this pick.

edit on 13-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's all about the money.

And I am sure this letter will earn them some.

Happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Ya they are in panic mode since Ryan can run rings around either of them. I will be suprise if we see a vice-president debate of anykind... lol

I look forward to it. Biden will nit pick every bit of Ryan's tax plan. How it will give even higher tax breaks to the wealthy. How it will privatize medicare so good luck on finding a insurance company you can afford along with the medicine cost. People will be going broke in no time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
These guys are throwing the fight before they get in the ring.

Ryan votes 93% pro-party for his career. No brain of his own.

At least McCain stood up for his beliefs...right or wrong.

It is a lose lose election in 2012.

Oh well, Survivor 24 and iPhone 5 are new and exciting.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I look forward to it. Biden will nit pick every bit of Ryan's tax plan. How it will give even higher tax breaks to the wealthy. How it will privatize medicare so good luck on finding a insurance company you can afford along with the medicine cost. People will be going broke in no time.

Of course it does...well when 48% pay no Federal taxes and the Middle Class averages 5% it is kind of hard not too...lol

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Of course it does...well when 48% pay no Federal taxes and the Middle Class averages 5% it is kind of hard not too...lol

You do realize that your 48% pay no Federal taxes is a total and complete lie, if they are employed, they pay social security and medicare, along with federal excise taxes on tires, batteries, etc. Not to mention they pay state and local sales taxes, and possibly property taxes. Please find me someone that pays no taxes, remember if you buy a gallon of gas, you pay taxes. Another republican talking point that in reality has no legs.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How in the world does that e-mail show panic? If anything it shows confidence that Romney picked the wrong person to be VP

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Obama/Biden must be feeling pretty confident right now. They already know that they can completely turn the middle class/poor against Romney/Ryan just because of Ryan's catering to the wealthy and their plan to dismantle medicare.

Get ready for an Obama 2nd term

If anyone's in panic mode, it's the Republicans.
edit on 8/13/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

LIE

In fact, 64 percent of the country will pay more in payroll taxes than they do in income taxes this year.

A favorite talking point used by conservatives to justify giving more tax breaks to the wealthy is that 50% of Americans pay no taxes. The truth is that 86% of Americans pay taxes.”

The actual number of Americans who don’t pay any taxes isn’t half, but 14%. This group of non-taxpayers of any kind is largely composed of the elderly and disabled. The people who don’t pay taxes do so because they can’t work.

www.politicususa.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the admission from the Obama campaign that they are already being outraised.
I call that semi panic.
Time to get Valerie Jarrett to find another football for Obama to spike.

Mitt must be doing something right.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
What I find interesting is the admission from the Obama campaign that they are already being outraised.
I call that semi panic.
Time to get Valerie Jarrett to find another football for Obama to spike.

Mitt must be doing something right.

I too find the admission a bit surprising, but you have to remember most of Obama's donations were small folks in 2008. I have been on the mailing list since before the last election, and am not seeing anything more frequent or pannicy (?s)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

You do realize that your 48% pay no Federal taxes is a total and complete lie, if they are employed, they pay social security and medicare, along with federal excise taxes on tires, batteries, etc. Not to mention they pay state and local sales taxes, and possibly property taxes. Please find me someone that pays no taxes, remember if you buy a gallon of gas, you pay taxes. Another republican talking point that in reality has no legs.

FEDERAL INCOME TAXES ...your point is tired....

Isn't it Federal income taxes what we are talking about? We are not talking about batteries...

Lets go back...48% might buy batteries and tires AND pay into their own social security and medicare programs BUT THEY PAY NO FEDERAL INCOME TAXES

edit on 13-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

LIE

In fact, 64 percent of the country will pay more in payroll taxes than they do in income taxes this year.

A favorite talking point used by conservatives to justify giving more tax breaks to the wealthy is that 50% of Americans pay no taxes. The truth is that 86% of Americans pay taxes.”

The actual number of Americans who don’t pay any taxes isn’t half, but 14%. This group of non-taxpayers of any kind is largely composed of the elderly and disabled. The people who don’t pay taxes do so because they can’t work.

www.politicususa.com...

I paid no federal income taxes for years and years and I made above 50 to 70k at the time...

PLEASE stop with the no taxes thing, yes people pay taxes but 48% do not pay federal INCOME tax...

Who is saying "ANY" tax...do you read that in my post? Typically when we talk about comparing taxes we are talking about Federal income tax and that is it...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

www.politicususa.com...

BTW Obama quote right off your liberal site you seem to want to quote as fact and not some left spin...

Let’s keep taxes low on 98 percent of Americans, and we can argue about the other 2 percent

Are you kidding me? This is a fairlytale that will not have an happy ending.

It is all smoke and mirrors since Obama has create class warfare for VOTES ONLY. The amount he wants to raise taxes on the rich will run the country for about 10 days....

We can tax the holy crap out of the rich and it will do nothing to fix the problems that Bush started and Obama has put into overdrive to an order of magnitude.

There isn't enough "rich" people...

edit on 13-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

LIE

www.politicususa.com...

I paid no federal income taxes for years and years and I made above 50 to 70k at the time...

PLEASE stop with the no taxes thing, yes people pay taxes but 48% do not pay federal INCOME tax...

Who is saying "ANY" tax...do you read that in my post? Typically when we talk about comparing taxes we are talking about Federal income tax and that is it...

Seriously you made 50 - 70 K at the time and paid no income tax, I am not buying it. I do taxes for a living. If you did, you lied on your returns, or have about 20 kids. I am not saying that 50-70 is a boatload of cash, but if it was all reported you paid taxes on it. Some of you folks on the right think that those of us on the left are seriously ignorant. I am 50+ years old, have ridden this horse a few times, and you may fool some of us, but you ain't fooling us all. Seriously, get off of your partisan politics and bring something to the table that makes some sense. I am sick and tired of the partisan BS, but will invite anyone that wants to have an intelligent discussion on how to fix the country to contact me.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You do realize that a family of 4 making about 40 grand a year pays federal income taxes, it is not a lot but they do pay them, by your stats, you are perfectly ok with 48% of the families in the USA making less than 40K a year, while providing huge tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires? Seriously? I guess I am really screwed up.

ETA: That is with both parents working.
edit on 8/13/2012 by BubbaJoe because: Forgot something important

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join