It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the South secede?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wshadow1

Hi, just a quick note- America was not founded on Judeo-Christian values, and liberals do not hate America.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
Yes, Texas should secede. If I am correct in my Texas history, we are the only state that is "allowed" to secede.

Virginia and New York also have the legal right to secede. It was part of their agreement when they joined the other colonies to form the Union. I've been thinking about getting together a petition to put a proposition in the next voting cycle to have VA residents vote on whether or not to secede. It would be nice if we could get enough votes to leave the slavery imposed on us by the Federal Reserve Bank and the IRS.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think the south is pretty successful already, why do they need to secede?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here is something I have been pondering: What if Lincoln had let the South secede? Would the rest of the states and Fed be better off today or worse?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm southern, and I'm liberal. One of the biggest problems we have is bad P.R., and people making ludicrous claims they have no real knowledge about.

I guess some people have to search really hard to find reasons to feel superior to others, and sometimes geography and ancient history is the best they can come up with.

Have a good evenin'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join