It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Men broke into my house, whilst we were home!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

WOW, sorry to hear of the madness! Yea, a couple of staffs would be good, along with a few bottles of mace and maybe even a dog. If the guys have weapons, that is another case, and without thorough training, I'd be careful trying to defend unless absolutely necessary, and then the 2 targets should be groin and eyes, and I don't mean scratching the eyes, but rather driving your thumb into the socket. Oh yea, then ruuuuun!

edit on 13-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I will assume by your use of the english vocabulary that you do not live in Texas, USA, and that you might be British of some sort.
This rules out getting a gun as even the ones you can have, the tax will drive you into the ground.
If these people were there to do you harm, you will die and have no chance at survival I'm sorry.
There is no overnight Jason Bourne school.
However for the average criminal idiot, I'd get about 3 more big dogs and one small one.

Why the small one?
Because knowing he has got his pack, he will dive into danger knowing he is safe.
The big ones will know they must bail their pack member out and jump in.
Now for the good part, don't call the cops!!
Let the dogs finish up bones and all, then cleanse the floor.

Good you all made out fine, did you say your pup got cut, if so I hope he is doing fine!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend
Am I the only one not buying?

Nope,you're not the only one.

Anyway,on the off chance it is true,glad nobody was hurt,op.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Also with my vast knowledge in the anthropology of the Black or colored race certain things don't add up. The phrase "Are you kidding me" wouldn't be in the vocabulary of these men.That phrase is not urban lingo and more european.Also no way you'd be in control of the situation if some real hoods were in your home.You jump in front of real hoods that knife would be in your @ss.Also if you concluded them to be black hoods.How could you think they were ninjas or assassins?What are you doing that someone would send a Tibet ninja to kill you with a garden saw
I swear I dont understand the science behind people like you...ATS should require a mental assessment test before allowing people to join and raise comments up to 50 and watch how these people comments.Really access their comments to tell if they are ready to be thread makers.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I also think the use of the queens english is causing some confusion to those of us across the pond.
Muzzle in the US is a face cage, in Britain it is the dogs nose.
Someone else already sorted out the stone vs Lbs. thing so....
I'm gonna step outside and have a fag!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

Not staffs as in Staffordshire bull terriers, that is what dogs are already next door. We hate them.

No I mean wooden staffs as in Robin Hood style.

I have nice metal point on my long walking stick, it is about 4 foot tall with a nice carving of a dog on top.

And my dog hates them too.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Are you answering questions in a random order, or just the ones you want to answer?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Get several hunting bows and a number of arrows with broadheads....I like crossbows but regular bows are quicker to load and fire. Also get some larger (more intimidating like "butcher") knives and maybe an american baseball bat (wood) or golf club ("iron"). Next you might want to keep a ball peen hammer and a hand axe under the couch and bed. That ought to cover it. When threatened trust your instincts and do not give in to fear as it is paralytic.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thanks for some of your kind comments.

Yes this did actually happen. I could give you the CAD number but it would tell you where I live.

I DO NOT LIVE IN USA I live in UK and 'are you kidding?' is perfectly normal for the area I live in and I have lived in this area for over 40 years.

I must admit I pray every night and they did get in a temporary conservatory door with a secure bolt. We hadn't locked up our house backdoor as our dog had needed to pee.
This area isn't that bad. but I can't tell you why we and the robbers knew it was the wrong house because the people they wanted had 'gear' they wanted. ATS protocols won't let me talk about the subject and if I tell, the intended victims may be alerted to what is coming for them in the near future. Trouble.

Lets hope they are not online.

And yes I do know something that TPTB would rather I did not tell and just today my daughters pc has been Ukash virus'ed and we can't fix it and it happened at exactly midnight.

So I don't care if you don't believe me, life is s**t at the moment.

I can't get any more dogs, as we have tons of other pets.

We live in 50/50 black/white houseowners and some whites are the worst behaved, so I go by behaviour not colour.

Because of their mistake we didn't expect anything to be gone. It was only when we looked we realised we should have called the Police much sooner but the Police came really quick anyway! They must have been a few streets away. There was literally only 10 mins after the robbers ran and the Police arrived.
They got a few witnesses and one could be a local gang member.

I have never had them get here that quick before, even when I had a physical dispute with my black neighbour when she was drunk.

I have seen angels before and a few times they have saved my life.

And It was my daughter who thought they looked like Ninjas, as they were all dressed in black clothing, wore hoods and covered faces.

Wow ATS all I asked was could I have used better defence and some have answered me and others have just slagged me off.

Shame on you ATS members, as you sow, so you shall reap.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyPenfriend

Please can you explain what this is, sounds interesting!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I promise we do not know who these men were.

Yes I know that some people make up things on ATS (I have caught someone out myself.) But I am asking for help so if this happened again I won't feel so damn helpless.

You could say I 'wear the trousers', and he had just woken up. Afterwards he said he thought it was a dream.

I think we were in disbelief, you just don't think 4 robbers are going to be in your house, by mistake.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh yes I forgot we do have a Black widow slingshot but there would not have been enough time to get it loaded.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That's because people are critical and analytical here, and your post is loaded with illogicalities.

Maybe you could answer the questions me and Brokencircles asked you on page 1?

Anyways, were you refering to the Thera band I mentioned?

Thera tube and bands are elastic bands for physical training.

If you order a Wrist Rocket slingshot on the internet, it comes with standard elastic tubular bands.

You can replace them with Thera tubing, if you buy the black Thera tubes you get much more power out of it, but it takes more strength to draw. The silver ones are even stronger. You have to change out the piece of fabric that holds the ammunition, which can be a hassle.

With lead balls or bearings, and a lot of practise you have a potentially deadly weapon.

You can also order reasonably cheap crossbows that will stop a man and they are easier to master than a handbow, but harder to reload. Two people with a crossbow each would be better I think.

Machettes are also nice to change someones mind in close quarters.
edit on 13-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I think you made it clear where you live in your OP.

Personally I don't believe it because it sounds like such a stereo typical report you hear on the news every night.

4 black guys breaking into this helpless womans house with her daughters while hubby sleeps and big bad mom scares them off by sayin "wrong address" !

Then,we're to believe that hubby,while standing on the steps,told them that too.Then they just left through the front door.

Yeah no,the real world doesn't work that way.But hey,everyone is free to believe what they want

edit on 13-8-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend
Am I the only one not buying?

No, you're not.

I'd almost believe this if it wasn't for the talk of government assassins, Ninjas, and staff skills. I feel like I'm reading a thread written by Napoleon Dynamite. 4 people break into your home dressed in coverings wielding weapons, and for some reason a heavy set women with a few kids was so scary that they just left? Or was it the terrifying PJ wearing "man" coming down the stairs telling them to leave that got rid of em? Must be some really crappy thieves.

But, I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

So, OP, if you honestly believe that there will be government assassins coming after you (MI6 or what?) you have no way to defend yourself without a firearm. Sorry, that's just how it is. First of all if they are government assassins they will be armed, and armed well. Second, their skills are going to surpass anything you or your family possess. Even IF you had a gun, if real life government assassins are coming after you, your most likely done for.

As for regular thieves, your best bet in my opinion would be a baseball bat or a large machete. Put some nails in the end of the bat and you have a pretty darn vicious weapon. A large machete will also be able to do some serious damage against an attacker.

Personally speaking, if I was under the impression that government assassins or ninjas were coming after me, I'd move. Get out of dodge. Come to America, get yourself and your family some shotguns and pistols and train with them a lot.

Assuming government assassins are coming after you, that is.....
edit on 14-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
[
I think we were in disbelief, you just don't think 4 robbers are going to be in your house, by mistake.

That's another big issue right there. Don't live in fear, but don't expect to live in safety either. Mentally prepare yourself for things such as this. The people breaking into your house have likely done this before. This isn't a new experience for them, they aren't in shock, they aren't having trouble thinking straight.

They are in your home to get whatever they came for, and are most likely going to be cool, calm, and collected which allows them to deal with threats better than you, because you are freezing up and freaking out.

Obviously you can't really practice getting your house broken into, but just being of the mindset that bad things CAN happen and being mentally prepared to face such things will help. Along with a baseball bat and large machete like I mentioned in my previous post.

I'm always aware of the fact that at any moment things can go bad. I don't live in fear, I'm not paranoid, but I'm realistic and know that anything can happen to anybody. If I found people in my house my response would not be disbelief or fear, it would be anger and rage, and those people would be met with double ought buckshot or a 10mm round in the chest, whichever I'm closer to.
edit on 14-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Because of their mistake we didn't expect anything to be gone. It was only when we looked we realised we should have called the Police much sooner but the Police came really quick anyway! They must have been a few streets away. There was literally only 10 mins after the robbers ran and the Police arrived.

So the ONLY reason you called the cops was because of the stolen laptop? That's just ridiculous. If you were honestly as scared as you claim, for yourself and for your kids, then why would you not call the cops immediately?

Wow ATS all I asked was could I have used better defence and some have answered me and others have just slagged me off.

[color=FFEDB3]Shame on you ATS members, as you sow, so you shall reap.
Nope. IF any of this was actually true(which seems much more doubtful now than before), then I say [color=FFEDB3]Shame On You.

I can't tell you why we and the robbers knew it was the wrong house because the people they wanted had 'gear' they wanted. ATS protocols won't let me talk about the subject and [color=FFEDB3]if I tell, the intended victims may be alerted to what is coming for them in the near future. Trouble.
I assume that you are talking about drugs. So basically what you're story is, is that you don't want to warn possible drug dealers that there are allegedly 4 masked men planning to break into their house to steal their drugs, and likely do so in a violent manner. Even if they are drug dealers, that doesn't mean they deserve a beat-down.(or worse)

I do have another question now though:
[color=CEF0C9] Do you know for a fact that the actual intended (& possibly future) victims are drug dealers, or are you just unquestionably believing what you were told, by the supposed 4 masked men who allegedly broke into your house??

[color=999999](Even if it isn't drugs, that↑ question still remains valid. Just substitute the 'drug' part for whatever it is that you won't talk about)

edit on 8/14/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am so sorry that you went through such a harrowing experience. You sound very brave and standing in front of your children was the mark of a great parent. My compliments on your handling of the situation.

Can you get better locks?
A bigger, meaner dog?

Or you could move to the US where you can send these gits along so they won't bother anyone ever again. Criminals like this will continue their spree until it finally ends with them killing someone who foolishly tries to take on 4 men in defence of their home.

I feel very badly for you folks in the UK and Australia - having no legal means of defending your home or loved ones. I could not tolerate that and would acquire a weapon regardless of it's legality. The people trying to steal everything from you don't care about laws. In protecting our own we shouldn't either.

A slingshot (a good one) can definitely hurt someone but I would recommend a good sturdy baseball bat or crowbar with duct tape on the handle for a better grip. Even if that's all you have it's far better than nothing. I hope these crooks are arrested soon and never bother anyone again.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I loooove my staffie. Never understand shallow little people who hate a breed just to hate it. Weird. In fact, the whole story is weird. Ive been victim of an attempted home invasion.. thats not the way they usually go let me tell ya.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

We know for certain they were after a drug dealer and my black neighbour has confronted the guy. My black neighbour used to be a gang member and he is a tough looking guy. Suppose to be a Christian now though. He has been putting his outside light on since he asked about the break in. So he can't be that tough.

So if the intended victim is reading, you and I have just let the cat out the bag and that now worries me more because justice will not be served. The trouble I mean is the Police, not the armed guys.

Now you will ask how would he know who I am. That is another story and I would rather not go into it but the Moderators know about it.

Sorry about the illogicalities, I thought I was calm, and fear hadn't got me but I find as I have been writting about the event, I am now dealing with the feelings. I must have buried them so I can continue as normal.
I should know myself by now; I deal with the emotion well after the event so I can be alert in the present.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join