It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Men broke into my house, whilst we were home!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Two Saturdays ago on the dead of midnight, we were at home. Myself and my teenage daughters were watching TV, with my hubby already in bed asleep.

My 6 stone dog started barking at the back door, so my eldest goes to find out why. She sees a man in a bandana poke his head out of the kitchen. She ran back into the front room and called out MUM. She looks for a weapon and thinks we are all going to be killed.

(Afterwards we all had thought it was first a cat, then we thought it was the two vicious dogs next door, then she thought Ninjas, then we all thought assassins. There has been an attempt before.)

I stand up and reach the door of the front room, I saw my dog was barking and jumping up at the first man in the hall. This man we found out later had cut my dog's muzzle. As he got hurt he ran behind me and the girls grabbed him.
Instinct kicked in and I placed myself between the intruders and my girls. My mind became really alert, I mean really alert.

I saw the four black men had hoods on, and scarves or bandanas over their faces. It was so surreal.
The first man was really tall and was waving a saw (my wood saw; he had nicked it from the conservatory) in his right hand and he had something in his left perhaps a knife. This made me laugh inside, it just didn't intimidate me at all.
He started shouting something (I won't say on here as it might bring incriminations of a worse kind later.)

Apparently they had got the wrong address. The first guy said You must be F..... joking. I said no I am not joking.
By this time my hubby had got up and was standing in his PJs on the stairs. He also told them you have the wrong address. Dumb or what?!!!

The first guy looked at the second guy really confused, so I saw my chance to take over the situation. I told them to get out of my house now!
They did, through the front door.

We then all had a cuddle and I found out I was shaking, as was both the girls.

My hubby and I went through the house and the gits had stolen my hubby's Apple laptop it cost £1000 and broke a window hinge, which now has to be replaced. We have to pay the excess. Is it true that Apple can track the laptop? They had forced the conservatory doors and the back door was still open as the dog had only a half an hour before gone to do some business in the garden.

As they went out they dropped all the tools they had nicked from my DIY tools. (I do the DIY in my house as I am good at it and I hate cooking.) But they dropped the pink stanley knife. Thank God as I had just replaced the blade and it was really sharp. Obviously they didn't like pink LOL.

We called the Police and a Murder squad detective came out, due to the Police covering the Olympics.
They took my statement that night and the next morning my hubby's.

What I would like to know, is how I could have handled it, if they had been paid (or Military) assassins? I am a big built woman who could still take her girls up to bed asleep when they were 10yrs.

Do we need defence classes?

As a family we have nearly died together in the Italian Alps, so this event didn't affect us as badly, if we hadn't have had that experience. I have posted that experience somewhere on ATS but it is not a thread, so too difficult to find.
My girls have had nightmares about this after the 'robbery with menace'. But my nightmares were two days before the event, if anyone is interested I will post them. (I didn't want this posted in Dreams forum.)

I live in the UK and we can not have a gun, as the gun laws here are really strict. But is there anything I can buy to defend ourselves better than Jedi mind tricks. I didn't even have time to call on God.

We were thinking wooden staffs but are there classes for staffs? Robin Hood style?

(I couldn't even kill a wasp today as I don't like killing things, and I really felt sorry for three mice that had died in a plastic bin in the conservatory, even though they pooh everywhere.

Anyway thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

The first guy looked at the second guy really confused, so I saw my chance to take over the situation.

You saw the really confused look on his face?

My hubby and I went through the house and the gits had stolen my hubby's Apple laptop it cost £1000 and broke a window hinge, which now has to be replaced. We have to pay the excess. Is it true that Apple can track the laptop? They had forced the conservatory doors and the back door was still open as the dog had only a half an hour before gone to do some business in the garden.

This all happened with your entire family in the house, and you didn't hear or notice a thing, until the dog started barking?
edit on 13-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's horrible to have your home invaded.
I'm sorry to hear about this.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'll just say it now: Slingshot.

A real slingshot (not a toy one, but a high-grade model) with a ball bearing, or a large piece of buckshot does more than enough damage to someone. It hurts so terribly bad (assuming you have the strength to fully pull back on it).

Great alternative for a gun. Not as deadly, but will still inflict damage.

I applaud you in that you put yourself between you and your girls. Good job.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

But is there anything I can buy to defend ourselves better than Jedi mind tricks. I didn't even have time to call on God.

I believe that God saw this one coming and had Angels standing guard which is why they ran...

Perhaps they even SAW them and scared the living $#%& out of em'...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticCryptid

5 tabs open. Wrong tab.
I stand by my assertion that having one's home invaded is horrible.
Such was and still is my feeling regarding this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The media coverage of the Olympics, including false flag events has caused panic. This is a life changing event. The outcome could have been worse, your family was lucky. As for defense, I would enroll in self defense classes.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Get some black or silver Thera tubing, or yellow Thera bands for it and you have a somewhat deadly weapon, if skilled.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Okay.

But you know that's not true. And I know it's not true. But at least better judgement took over and you changed your mind.

edit on 13-8-2012 by CrypticCryptid because: Error

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How did they get in?

It might be sensible to improve your security rather than get a staffy just for burglars. Having one can easily get you into altercations with other dog owners and who knows how it will get on with your current dog...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Am I the only one not buying?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I have several questions.

Originally posted by AriesJedi

My 6 stone dog...
What does that↑ mean? I assume it is referencing his weight, but I just have no clue how heavy that is.

This man we found out later had cut my dog's muzzle.
  • Why does your dog wear a muzzle while inside your house?

Why would someone invading your house, help out the dog by cutting the muzzle?

By this time my hubby had got up and was standing in his PJs on the stairs. He also told them you have the wrong address.
    How did your husband know that they had the wrong address?
    Did he hire them to break into the neighbors house?

I told them to get out of my house now! They did, through the front door.

We then all had a cuddle......

My hubby and I went through the house and the gits had stolen my hubby's Apple laptop.....

We called the Police and a Murder squad detective came out, due to the Police covering the Olympics.
    They took my statement that night and the next morning my hubby's.
    They casually walked out the front door.
    You all cuddled.
    Then you walk around the house checking for damage and missing items.
    Then after that 15(??) minute head start, you decide to call the cops?

• posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
    link   
    reply to post by MightyPenfriend

Probably not. But you're the only one that seems to want only to prove that Aries is lying.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
    link   
    Funny how Black men break in homes in areas Black people don't exist
    But I suggest you never confront or walk up on robbers unless you have a gun. Also never take light what someone can do to you whether you're scared or not.Dude has a saw and a knife and you're all giggles cause you're not scared wtf????
    Also consider why these men were able to get in your house in the first place.Judging from your character in your writing you seem like the I can leave my doors unlocked and burglary tools right by the door cause my area is safe
    Jeez where do you live anyway?It almost seems after the guys robbed you.Everybody was gonna have tea and play a game of cards and discuss how they can not rob the wrong houses again

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
    link   

Is that considered a bad thing?

You feel I should just play along when stuff clearly doesn't add up?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
    link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
    My 6 stone dog...]What does that↑ mean? I assume it is referencing his weight, but I just have no clue how heavy that is.

6x14 pounds= 84 pounds.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
    link   
    A non-violent way to deal with intruders is to have those loud blasting air-horns tucked around in different places all over the house.
    Let your neighbors know that if they hear an air horn coming out of your house, they should call the police for an emergency.

Something more confrontational would involve pepper spray, or mace, but, spraying that stuff everywhere inside a house can effect you and put you in a bad standing.

Making lots of noise and having clear exits planned to escape quickly in any home invasion event may be best.
    If only one of you can get out and over to a neighbor's house to call police disaster and harm might be averted while anyone inside the house can try delaying any intruders.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
    link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
    My 6 stone dog...]What does that↑ mean? I assume it is referencing his weight, but I just have no clue how heavy that is.

6x14 pounds= 84 pounds.

Lol, cutting off the muzzle would seem to be the smart thing to do.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
    link   

After thinking about it for a minute, I think I know exactly what you need for security.

You need a man in your house.

By this time my hubby had got up and was standing in his PJs on the stairs. He also told them you have the wrong address.

The only reason he should have stopped, is if he was turning around to quickly grab a weapon. His wife and daughters are in apparent danger downstairs, and he was just standing there on the stairs?

[color=A1A1A1]Of course, that↑ is only if he did not actually already know who these guys were.

Originally posted by DISRAELI

6x14 pounds= 84 pounds.
    Thank you.

edit on 8/13/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join