It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking recent Catastrophe Post (Aug 17, Sept 26 Prediction)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey all I took it upon myself to attempt to scientifically debunk a recent post I saw posted on this site. I like to mention, for those who don't know or haven't seen many of my posts. That I will always include current scientific evidence with a post, (if applicable ) . And explain things in the simplest manner i feel possible. The post today that I will be attempting to debunk is www.abovetopsecret.com...Incoming Huge Object- August 17th and September 26th Given Dates for Massive Quakes, Flooding... ?,

For those who haven't seen the video, in simplest explanation 2 guys are discussing (so called credible evidence that an object 'referred to as Nibiru/planet x' is coming, and will effect earth august 17 and September 26.

I will now list the information that the video claims:
-Object is coming very fast
-Object is coming from south
-Its planet size
-will cause earthly disturbances august 17 and September 26
-they claim to have credible evidence
-It will come at closest distance 5-10 times the earth diameter

I will now like to mention before I post scientific facts, that at one point in the video i will call "person 1" says the earths diameter is 24,000 miles. Which is false, the earths diameter is actually 7,926.41 miles. The CIRCUMFERENCE BETWEEN THE NORTH AND SOUTH POLES however is 24,859.82 miles.

Now the scientific calculations:

-Earths diameter is 7,926.41 miles

if the object is coming 5-10 times the earth diameter then 7,926.41 x 5 = 39632.05 and " x 10 = 79,264.1

- So object is coming between (average) 40,000-80,000 miles away

Well that's pretty far away right? NOPE lets see how far objects WE KNOW ARE REAL are from earth

Distance from earth:

Moon- (average distance taken from apogee and perigee) 238,857 miles
Venus- (average distance taken from apogee and perigee) 26,000,000 miles
Mars-(average distance taken from apogee and perigee) 140,000,000 miles
Sun- 92,960,000 miles

Now the next thing i think of is well now that i know all the information SCIENTIFICALLY , how long until i see this so called "incoming object"?

That depends on 2 things Speed of the object and where is it coming from?

Well unfortunately the speed of this object at least in the video is explained VERY FAST. but we do know that dates that it will come nearby so we can SCIENTIFICALLY figure this out as well.

First we take some of the given information from the video.

-arrival date - August 17 so 4 days from today

-(at this point i had to use an external calculator to calculate kelpers law to determine the maximum velocity of the object, to

1.stay in orbit around the sun
and
2. slingshot around the sun to come back to earth and keeping the distance of 40-80,000 miles away.

For those who dont know what Keplers law is

-Keplers Law:In astronomy, Kepler's laws of planetary motion are three scientific laws describing orbital motion, each giving a description of the motion of planets around the Sun.

So anyway i came up with this number:

178,954,903 miles per hour

That is the MAXIMUM speed that object can travel and still hold in our orbit to slingshot the sun (at the closest point and come back)

Lets keep in mind this object HAS TO BE MADE OF METAL and BE SUPER DENSE and have substantial gravity which now that i think about it was NOT calculated in to get this number but keeping to the topic, lets assume the gravity is realistically low to stay on point with this explanation.

-If an object moving that fast can cover the distance of mars to earth in 1 hour.
-Earth to sun in 1/2 an hour.

So i don't need to go any further because just this information alone debunks this object.

What we learned:
Science can debunk almost anything!

-If the object in the video was real (whatever he was looking at in the video) WOULD NOT BE THE OBJECT AT POINT. AS if it appeared as large as it did on the video it would have already hit us.

-It would come close to earth lets say *(the 17, and it would circle the sun and come back within a couple hours, NOT A MONTH)

Keep in mind as it circles the sun, it DOES IN FACT speed UP, . my calculations are using a constant speed, of max. It is possible to be moving slower "currently" and be speeding up. But even so, the speed variable from the point it reaches the earth , circles the sun, and comes back cannot exceed that max speed. None the less, it wont because its not real.

edit on 13-8-2012 by shadowplaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well written post. I'm at work and apologize for a brief post. I will be keeping an eye on this thread

This is why I keep coming back...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowplaya

That was an interesting post, and a good way to poke holes in a prediction beforehand, but there really isn't much of a need to debunk a prediction.

Predictions are very reliable for debunking themselves. Just give it time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Im a firm believer of alot of weird stuff, out of this world stuff etc. But i also am a science nerd. well nerd in general.

Hypothetically speaking, if something does come , and a prediction shows up on this site or youtube or where ever. I would rather be safe then sorry. I believe for every 100 or 1000 predictions, 1 has to be real. And the real one is the one that im worried about.

Debunking them BEFORE the dates, is the key. and its the ones you CANT scientifically debunk is the ones that worry me.

I always say,

Everyone's correct, until proven false. Until then we can only assume its real. Or the date passes and nothing happens. lol

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No, I'm not stirring the pot, but very curious. If we take the last date, Sept 26, and work backwards from there, given an object with an unknown solar system entry speed, and unknown size, what is the earliest point in time where this object would be visible the the average amateur astronomer?

Edit: I guess I should get to the point instead of putting my flame suit on! Given the real level of expertise even in "amateur astronomy", wouldn't this object have been actively tracked months ago? Even at the amateur level? The position of the Earth and Sun during this "pass by" period is known, that narrows down the approach vectors, and there are a lot of people out there looking for "planet killers" full time.
edit on 3-8-2015 by TTA1326 because: Flame suit lol!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I believe it will be something GeoPolitical of the highest degree thats comming down the pipeline in September. It could be along the lines of a New Political, Monotery Union or maybe both, with international figures taking new seats at new tables. It could be that the Pope will hint at this come September.

Putin heading to the UN in September is very Interesting!

top topics

join